DMSO in combination with transdermals - toxic effects possible?

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From my understanding DMSO has the ability to transport Chemicals through the skin directly into the bloodstream. So if you combine DMSO with transdermals, is there any possibility that it doesnt only carry the actives into the blood but also the TD carrier matrix which might be toxic if in blood?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
can I ask why you would want to use DMSO with a TD?

I mean any carrier could do the same with anything that is small enough to permeate the skin. this is a good reason to shower first and present the area of application clean skin.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i wouldnt add that directly into the TD but apply the dmso before or after the TD on the skin to increase absorption further

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i wouldnt add that directly into the TD but apply the dmso before or after the TD on the skin to increase absorption further
I think this stems from the other thread discussing androgel. there was data showing phlogel applied prior to androgel improved penetration. and you saw some people asking about DMSO to do the same.

I do not recommend this with any of the modern carriers by APEX. each one is formulated specifically to its ingredients. there is a lot that goes into them at APEX and using DMSO may offset the finish layer thats designed protect the skin and product.

androgel was notorious for poor absorption.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My TD is not from Apex but old leftovers of trestoderm from Olympus…

Apex is not known here in Europe, no retailer herr

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My TD is not from Apex but old leftovers of trestoderm from Olympus…

Apex is not known here in Europe, no retailer herr
I understand. My point though would be that modern carriers should do the job perfectly with out adding DMSO> the same might be true with the tderm, apply it to your forehead. srs. thats better than the bawlzach

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I understand. My point though would be that modern carriers should do the job perfectly with out adding DMSO> the same might be true with the tderm, apply it to your forehead. srs. thats better than the bawlzach
Really - the forehead?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Really - the forehead?
iirc top 3 places to apply a topical are forehead, ballz, scalp.

problem is that each location is going to limited to the amount you can apply.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Tops of feet. Let dry. Apply a great quality skin lotion of choice over it. Done. Nothing more needs to be done. If you need more to be done, don’t use transdermal

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
iirc top 3 places to apply a topical are forehead, ballz, scalp.

problem is that each location is going to limited to the amount you can apply.
I'll give it a try. Thank you.