Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Actually more...you have more paying customers that are backed by the government. Its why most insurance companies are expanding in their local strongholds.
but who is going to back the government...where is this money going to come from? business wanted out of heathcare benefits because of cost, and now the government is going to take over this cost? we are being told the government is too far in debt already, how can it take on this huge, additional cost?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There is so much wrong in this, I can't even comment. Its why normal people won't get the plain, boring truth about this.
I think what you might mean is there is so much of this you disagree with. That is alot different.

Neither of us is the determinant of what is right and wrong.

But I would ask you if we were not told (1) $2500 savings, (2) keep your current plan, and (3) keep your existing doctor?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe big business is and should be in the job of maximizing profits/returns to shareholders; within moral and legal boundaries.

I believe the American media has a very heavy socially progressive spin. I do not believe there is a lot of objectivity in the media. Candidly, I believe the media has given the President a hall pass on many difficult issues. Regardless of which adminsitration is in place, the media should have an objective and even somewhat adversarial role, and drive difficult issues to closesure. Right now, with our instant, ADD-like communication, I believe the current adminsitration just delays the issues, and eventually most people just lose interest.

I believe the Republcans are pursuing the undefined objective and lack a cohesive position.

In short, I do not believe they are all conspiring together, but they don't seem to need to - because acting independently they are able to cause enough havic as it is.
Keep in mind the mainstream media has heavy influence by the CIA through "Operation Mockingbird." Just this past July a little reform nobody took noticed that passed just this past January kicked in called the "Smith-Mundt Modernization act of 2012 (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr5736ih/pdf/BILLS-112hr5736ih.pdf)" as part of the unconstitutional NDAA act that gives the authority for the CIA to flow propaganda through the media into overdrive.

Touey

Touey

Awards
ax1 your beliefs on the big business, republicans, media all conspiring here with Obama on Obamacare?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think what you might mean is there is so much of this you disagree with. That is alot different.

Neither of us is the determinant of what is right and wrong.

But I would ask you if we were not told (1) $2500 savings, (2) keep your current plan, and (3) keep your existing doctor?

Actually no, you are simply wrong about much of it.

1. I pay half of what marketplace plan is for my family.

2. I can keep my current plan.

3. I can keep my doctors.

In the marketplace you can choose an HMO, PPO, HSA plan, etc.....so all the bologna about being forced into certain doctors and not being able to keep you plan is bogus. If you are forced out of your plan its because your plan will cease to exist by the carrier, which happened all the time BEFORE the ACA and you would be migrated to another plan that either A. Is a QHF which qualifies for a subsidy, B. Is equivalent to what you have but have wellness and prescriptions benefits that are built in by law now.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The government is backing the subsidies being paid, which forces insurance companies to pay claims/benefits, as these people are now able to go to doctors SINCE they have insurance. When you force people to buy private insurance, backed by subsidies by the government, you have an increase in demand in the medical community....
You cant just go to doctors...you can only go to doctors that still accept insurance as more and more doctors are opting out and only accepting cash (my preferred method.)
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/06/us-doctors-drop-private-govt-insurance-provide-better-healthcare-lower-prices/

Your second part is a debate, whether you believe in the income tax system or not, and if demand in the medical community should be forced by government tyranny or not.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ax1 your beliefs on the big business, republicans, media all conspiring here with Obama on Obamacare?
Well...not all big business is bad. There is no difference between republicans, democrats and Obama. Whether they are conspiring or not, Im not positive but most of them are bought, financed and lobbied by the same people and the media is venom.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Actually no, you are simply wrong about much of it.

1. I pay half of what marketplace plan is for my family.

2. I can keep my current plan.

3. I can keep my doctors.

In the marketplace you can choose an HMO, PPO, HSA plan, etc.....so all the bologna about being forced into certain doctors and not being able to keep you plan is bogus. If you are forced out of your plan its because your plan will cease to exist by the carrier, which happened all the time BEFORE the ACA and you would be migrated to another plan that either A. Is a QHF which qualifies for a subsidy, B. Is equivalent to what you have but have wellness and prescriptions benefits that are built in by law now.
I am pleased that you have reduce costs, kept your current plan and kept your doctor.

I do not believe your experience is or will be common place.

I don't believe I am wrong about what I wrote, although it may not apply in your case.

Were WERE told (1) 2500 savings, (2) anyone who wanted could keep their current plan, and (3) anyone who wanted to keep their current MD could do so. Those are not accurate statements. In many, many cases - it is far from the truth.

I suppose we are still digging into that little Benghazi debacle; we should be hearing something definative REAL soon.

May 13th, 2013: President Soetoro --

"If, in fact, IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that is outrageous, and there is no place for it, and they have to be held fully accountable, because the IRS as an independent agency requires absolute integrity and people have to have confidence that they are applying the laws in a non-partisan way. You should feel that way regardless of party."

"But I have got no patience with it, I will not tolerate it, and we will make sure that we find out exactly what happened on this,".

I can't tell if that is the same "phony scandal" he later referred to -- it was probably just a mistake or the result of a video.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Case in point. This was a perfect Fox News spin (and I'm a republican).

Local guy here received a letter saying his 533 plan is being cancelled. He paid $75/month. Was a low tier plan. They said as of Dec 31st this plan will not exist and we recommend you migrate into the new 1419p plan, which is $511/month. Person flips out. Fox news reports...look at what they are doing!!!!!!

Now on to the real story. Person calls me. I ask for his income, family makeup. He's middle aged, doesn't make much (but over Medicaid threshold) and wanted to keep insurance. Scared he won't be able to afford it....no way he can afford $511/month. Wants to work...wants to pay...I run his number....long story shorty, he qualfies for $513/month subsidy and it pays for his new plan...fully.

Fox news will report his premium increase by 500%...won't report the result. Now this happens with MSNBC and most media outlets now. 99.9% of is BS.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fox news will report his premium increase by 500%...won't report the result. Now this happens with MSNBC and most media outlets now. 99.9% of is BS.
OK - we agreed on something.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am pleased that you have reduce costs, kept your current plan and kept your doctor.

I do not believe your experience is or will be common place.

I don't believe I am wrong about what I wrote, although it may not apply in your case.

Were WERE told (1) 2500 savings, (2) anyone who wanted could keep their current plan, and (3) anyone who wanted to keep their current MD could do so. Those are not accurate statements. In many, many cases - it is far from the truth.

I suppose we are still digging into that little Benghazi debacle; we should be hearing something definative REAL soon.

May 13th, 2013: President Soetoro --

"If, in fact, IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that is outrageous, and there is no place for it, and they have to be held fully accountable, because the IRS as an independent agency requires absolute integrity and people have to have confidence that they are applying the laws in a non-partisan way. You should feel that way regardless of party."

"But I have got no patience with it, I will not tolerate it, and we will make sure that we find out exactly what happened on this,".

I can't tell if that is the same "phony scandal" he later referred to -- it was probably just a mistake or the result of a video.
Actually I know its in all cases because I know the law and I know what the carriers are doing. You do not. I know the rate hikes groups are getting. I know the prices of migrating people into the marketplace. I know the costs. I know whats going on every day. You do not. You can continue to believe what the news is telling you, or try finding out for yourself form people living it.

Every plan that meets QHF standards are grandfathered in until Dec 31st 2014. Your rates wont' change because the underwriting risks have been calculated on those plans.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
where the heck is the money for government subsidies going to come from?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually I know its in all cases because I know the law and I know what the carriers are doing. You do not. I know the rate hikes groups are getting. I know the prices of migrating people into the marketplace. I know the costs. I know whats going on every day. You do not. You can continue to believe what the news is telling you, or try finding out for yourself form people living it.
How do you feel about the massive drop in full time employment in relation to Obamacare? Last year it was 6 full time to 1 part timer, and now in 2013 its totally flip flopped to 1 full timer to 4 part timers in terms of hiring according to Forbes magazine?
http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Medical device taxes...taxes that were put on the rich several years ago. Lots of places.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Originally? Not the government, because government doesnt have anything. They took it from us of course and give it back as if they are heroes.

There I go again, my anti-income tax rant, lol

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you feel about the massive drop in full time employment in relation to Obamacare? Last year it was 6 full time to 1 part timer, and now in 2013 its totally flip flopped to 1 full timer to 4 part timers in terms of hiring according to Forbes magazine?
http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Has more to do with the economy than anything IMO. Employment mandate isn't in effect until 2015.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Every plan that meets QHF standards are grandfathered in until Dec 31st 2014. Your rates wont' change because the underwriting risks have been calculated on those plans.
I'll explain that to the people I personally know who are being impacted by massive rate increases because of Soetoro-care. They will, unquestionably, feel better.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll explain that to the people I personally know who are being impacted by massive rate increases because of Soetoro-care. They will, unquestionably, feel better.

Then tell to find a competent agent who can actually fix their problem and could probably get them better coverage for less. But don't let the facts get in front of a good, dramatic story.

...unlike you, I talk to them everyday and tell them their options....and fix them.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Its a little concept called income redistribution. Think of it as the Government playing Robinhood. They take from the rich (and middle class, too) to give to those who they want to have greater government dependence.

Everybody loses.

The end.

Touey

Touey

Awards
I am covered through my wife law firm and rate have gone up substantial from Obama plan

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am covered through my wife law firm and rate have gone up substantial from Obama plan
Your law firm doesn't have an obama plan.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Then tell to find a competent agent who can actually fix their problem and could probably get them better coverage for less. But don't let the facts get in front of a good, dramatic story.

...unlike you, I talk to them everyday and tell them their options....and fix them.
Heck, it wasn't that good of a story.

Touey

Touey

Awards
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has more to do with the economy than anything IMO. Employment mandate isn't in effect until 2015.
I think that corporate mandate was to kick in this year though...until they delayed to to kick in after the mid-term elections.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think that corporate mandate was to kick in this year though...until they delayed to to kick in after the mid-term elections.
Was that delay coincidental? There were no political motives, though -- right?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its a little concept called income redistribution. Think of it as the Government playing Robinhood. They take from the rich (and middle class, too) to give to those who they want to have greater government dependence.

Everybody loses.

The end.
LOL.

Yeah, my brother who got a plan in the marketplace with NO subsidy, pays the same amount for a full platinum plan as he did for a catastrophic plan because he had preexisting conditions and the carriers raped him on his premium has great government dependence. Your ignorance of what is actually happening out there with real people is typical.

Tell the 55yr old couple paying 1800/month for an underwritten policy compared to the new marketplace plans saving them 500-600/month because they are now in a pool of people rather than denied benefits on their preexisting while paying through the nose is a government dependent.

Reactions: ax1
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
She telling me obamacare is the reason it has now gone up
She is wrong since the employee mandate doens't even go into effect until 2015. The carriers raise rates every year...like they have ALWAYS done.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
LOL.

Yeah, my brother who got a plan in the marketplace with NO subsidy, pays the same amount for a full platinum plan as he did for a catastrophic plan because he had preexisting conditions and the carriers raped him on his premium has great government dependence. Your ignorance of what is actually happening out there with real people is typical.

Tell the 55yr old couple paying 1800/month for an underwritten policy compared to the new marketplace plans saving them 500-600/month because they are now in a pool of people rather than denied benefits on their preexisting while paying through the nose is a government dependent.
Candidly, I am in that age group.

My own rates will be increasing SIGNIFICANTLY.

Its not ignorance; and those aren't very nice words.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Candidly, I am in that age group.

My own rates will be increasing SIGNIFICANTLY.

Its not ignorance; and those aren't very nice words.

Not in the marketplace. They will drop. You don't even know, you've never even seen a quote IN the marketplace. I've already written 5 people in that exact age bracket.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not in the marketplace. They will drop. You don't even know, you've never even seen a quote IN the marketplace. I've already written 5 people in that exact age bracket.
Time will tell.

Touey

Touey

Awards
She is wrong since the employee mandate doens't even go into effect until 2015. The carriers raise rates every year...like they have ALWAYS done.
It has affecting things already perhaps just knowing what coming down the pipeline they are girding their loins increasing knowing or maybe they taking advantage of the obamacare and raising rates.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time will tell.

I'll bet your entire premiums for a year I can run a quote for you right now and your rate in the marketplace will be less than what you would pay for an underwritten policy. If you were right the entire acturarial tables would be the reverse and insurance companies wouldn't exist based on math alone.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has affecting things already perhaps just knowing what coming down the pipeline they are girding their loins increasing knowing or maybe they taking advantage of the obamacare and raising rates.
They already know the rates and what a QHF plan entails since 2010.....they have been raising rages for the last 10 years significantly. Its why many groups are dropping their policies and telling their employees to go in the marketplace because A. Its cheaper and B. You get a better plan then some ****ty 50/50 7500 deductible group plan.

Touey

Touey

Awards
They already know the rates and what a QHF plan entails since 2010.....they have been raising rages for the last 10 years significantly. Its why many groups are dropping their policies and telling their employees to go in the marketplace because A. Its cheaper and B. You get a better plan then some ****ty 50/50 7500 deductible group plan.
My rates go up more then double now they have never gone up over the last ten years but slight

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
....and just like that business is out of the healthcare game.

this thread has come full circle.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
My rates go up more then double now they have never gone up over the last ten years but slight
You rates didn't double. Its against the law.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
....and just like that business is out of the healthcare game.

this thread has come full circle.
There is a reason seniors go crazy over Medicare changes....they pay...private insurance companies fight you. Who would you rather ask to pay the bill?

Touey

Touey

Awards
You rates didn't double. Its against the law.
ok I just ask her exactly how much it went up.
It was $200 a month now it is $330 a month and that was with finding the best so not quite double I am not complaining but for some to go up like this could cause real problems maybe for their families ability to get along.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was $200 a month now it is $330 a month and that was with finding the best plan so not quite double I am not complaining but for some to go up like this could cause real problems maybe for their families ability to get along.

Which means if the employer is charging you that much extra, it means you probably can opt out, go in the marketplace and find a plan on your own and have more flexibility than what the law firm is forcing you to have. An employer can ask or change the amount of contribution during their annual enrollment period but you also have the chance to tell them to stick it, and go find something on your own...

Big business doesn't want to insure you...its the reason they kick you off at 65 and stick you on the governments dime. They don't want to pay for it. I can't wait until some of you are 70yr and signing up for that AARP Advantage plan with zero premium having everything being paid for.....lets see how much you protest about government funded healthcare.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There is a reason seniors go crazy over Medicare changes....they pay...private insurance companies fight you. Who would you rather ask to pay the bill?
the premise of this thread was business backing obamacare as an excuse to be out of healthcare...the big winner here is big business who has been raking in record setting profits thoughout one of the worse economies america has seen...reminds me of the days of the robber barons whose greed nearly collapsed the economy then graciously lent the government money, with interest, lol.

Touey

Touey

Awards
business backing obamacare as an excuse to be out of healthcare and noone is much the worse maybe some better like Admin say who cares all the best to big business, but is hurting many like some others here say it is real shame

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
business backing obamacare as an excuse to be out of healthcare and noone is much the worse maybe some better like Admin say who cares all the best to big business, but is hurting many like some others here say it is real shame
just think how many more people will be hurting when obamacare fails and they don't have business backed insurance plans anymore.

now that will be a real shame!!!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
just think how many more people will be hurting when obamacare fails and they don't have business backed insurance plans anymore.

now that will be a real shame!!!
So let me get this straight...you think the government will fail before a business does? I don't think you quite understand how the system functions.

The idea that big business will take care of you and your health insurance more than the government is ludicrous.

Ask people at Leyman brothers how their healthcare is.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So let me get this straight...you think the government will fail before a business does? I don't think you quite understand how the system functions.

The idea that big business will take care of you and your health insurance more than the government is ludicrous.

Ask people at Leyman brothers how their healthcare is.
This country is totally broke...I dont see why anyone would want to trust goverment to help take care of them. If the financial system collapses nothing will be payed for.

I do agree with you that big business isnt exactly out to take care of you either.

The bigger issue is the merger of big business and goverment that we have seen develop in recent decades. To say you trust goverment over big business is a false statement, since goverment is controlled by big business.

Big business is goverment, which is the big issue imo.

Actually, the employee mandate has little to do with the law and the effect on rates.

Another media driven sensation.
It may not effect rates Ill have to look into that, but its effect on jobs has been disastrous as now new full time employment is being overwhelmed with hour cuts and part time only workers to avoid this goverment tax (mandate is a tax.)

Also, if you read that article the US Chamber of Commerce state 71% business will have a harder time to grow.

That article doesnt state the mandate has an effect on rates, so I dont know where this "media driven sensation" came from.

Big business doesn't want to insure you...its the reason they kick you off at 65 and stick you on the governments dime. They don't want to pay for it. I can't wait until some of you are 70yr and signing up for that AARP Advantage plan with zero premium having everything being paid for.....lets see how much you protest about government funded healthcare.
Of course they dont....thats why I support the idea of eliminating income tax and stopping people to depend on both goverment and big business (who are 2 together.)

The fact is before goverment got their dirty paws in our health care system, health care was far more affordable and accessible. Before medicare both elderly and poor can go to most hospitals and get good care at a low rate. Free medical care was the norm.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was $200 a month now it is $330 a month and that was with finding the best so not quite double I am not complaining but for some to go up like this could cause real problems maybe for their families ability to get along.
The fact is if Obamacare was so good, why do you have to force so many millions of people to do it, and why does goverment exempt themselves from the same laws they enforce on everyone else?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bigt...havent been around. Dont you miss those days when you can go to the doc and if you had no money they would still treat you? Now the same people in the same position have even less money, since they by law buy insurance...and that crappy policy still have you paying a $100 deductible just for a visit.
"Dont you miss those days when you can go to the doc and if you had no money they would still treat you?" When were these days? If you walk into most hospitals in this country, by law they must provide you with basic care and it isn't free (unless you provide false information). You'll be billed and if you're unable to pay, those bills end up on your credit report which is far more damaging in the long-term.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Dont you miss those days when you can go to the doc and if you had no money they would still treat you?" When were these days? If you walk into most hospitals in this country, by law they must provide you with basic care and it isn't free (unless you provide false information). You'll be billed and if you're unable to pay, those bills end up on your credit report which is far more damaging in the long-term.
Free healthcare was common for those in needs before goverment and health were forcefully intertwined...pre-medicare and medicaid days. Now those in need both must buy insurance or be heavily penalized...and health care still isnt free (high co-pays.)