Nutrient Partitioning/ Glucose Partitioning Agents... Aware me please

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Has anybody used an nutrient partitioning agent? What was your experience? From what I've read it seems these supplements are geared at sending glucose/nutrients to muscle vs. fat cells?

Is this really possible? Who has tried it? Thoughts? Product recommendations?

Thanks!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There should be tons of threads regarding GDAs to search through. If you search SlinMax you will see a lot of positive feedback on it. Most users notice decrease bloating after large carb meals, increased long lasting pumps, and fat loss.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Both on the front page here in the supplement section
This should help cover your answer

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/293248-gdas-2.html#post5761682
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/294093-occasional-gda-dosing.html#post5778768

Depending on the size of the meal post-workout, I still think there is merit to adding in certain ingredients. Also, if one is taking in an intra carb shake, the post-workout sensitivity advantage is negated some what.

As for carb intake and compound doses. I tend to keep it the same beside post-workout, where my carb intake is very very high. This is where a glucose monitor comes in handy so you can test the compound doses and carb intakes. Personally I do:
ALA - 900mg (post-workout 1200mg)
Agmatine - 500mg (post-workout 750-1000mg)
ALCAR - 1 gram (morning and pre-workout)

If using Na-R-ALA, you can either dose 300mg in the morning prior to your carb meal and be good for the rest of the day, or simply dose 100-150mg prior to 2-3 carb meals.

All of this is from personal and client feedback.
Both berberine and alpha lipoic acid are known to inhibit hypertorphy, but at what degree? No one can say for certain. I've seen the studies but still not enough to make me not dose either around workouts. ALA is a powerful anti oxidant while berberine is a strong AMPK activator, and for this reason, people are afraid of using the two close to a workout.

Agmatine is one of the better ones to be utilizing as well. A glucose monitor is highly recommend, not just for checking your fasted blood sugar, but also confirming if these compounds are working as well.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/292786-how-many-you.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/289496-muscle-pump-gdas.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/292230-homemade-glucose-disposal.html

Great products :
Chaos and Pain Preadtor (This is a sleeper.. my favorite of the pack)
Performax SlinMax
SNS Glycophase
Myokem Transform

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I love them and they really seem to work well with 50-100g of carbs. I enjoy glycophase but have used Glycolog, and Slinmax in the past with great success. They give your muscles that full look all day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Has anybody used an nutrient partitioning agent? What was your experience? From what I've read it seems these supplements are geared at sending glucose/nutrients to muscle vs. fat cells?

Is this really possible? Who has tried it? Thoughts? Product recommendations?

Thanks!
Usually they help direct glucose toward muscle cells which can make you feel better abiut the way you look after a carb heavy meal.
I use Glycophase before I go out for dinner ;)

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Usually they help direct glucose toward muscle cells which can make you feel better abiut the way you look after a carb heavy meal.
I use Glycophase before I go out for dinner ;)
Got some glycophase on the way! Excited to give it a shot as carbs and I have a love hate relationship

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There should be tons of threads regarding GDAs to search through. If you search SlinMax you will see a lot of positive feedback on it. Most users notice decrease bloating after large carb meals, increased long lasting pumps, and fat loss.
Great products :
Chaos and Pain Preadtor (This is a sleeper.. my favorite of the pack)
Performax SlinMax
SNS Glycophase
Myokem Transform
I love them and they really seem to work well with 50-100g of carbs. I enjoy glycophase but have used Glycolog, and SlinMax in the past with great success. They give your muscles that full look all day.
In for the 4th SlinMax recommendation.
I've used a good few GDA's/NP's and SlinMax is by far the best.

Experiences:
Less bloating
Less sluggishness after larger meals
Slightly leaner "Bulks" than when not combined with SlinMax.

Thoughts on whether or not they partition nutrients to muscle cells instead of fat cells:
Studies suggest that it's possible and from my experiences, it IS in-fact possible, if not confirmed.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SlinMax is definitely leading the category from a formula standpoint IMO.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After doing some glucometer testing, I was heavily disappointed in some of the expensive big brands. With that said.. one of the most effective ones based on glucometer readings was USP Labs Anabolic Pump. 1g Agmatine produced stellar results as well. Recompadrol which isn't around anymore tested great also. Slintensity tested good also.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are several good ones on the market. Glycophase from SNS, slintensity and hi tech makes ones. They are designed to help shuttle nutrients through the body. Personally I use daily to aid in carb digestion and utilization.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for all of the SlinMax love!

SlinMax is a little more expensive than some other GDA products out there, but is well worth the cost. If you search threads which people look for ingredients to make their own, you will see that almost all of the ingredients recommended are in SlinMax and at the dose suggested.

Na-R-ALA reduces blood sugar and improves glycogen storage.
Agmatine improves glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity of skeletal muscles.and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue. Agmatine stimulates the release of beta-endorphin (β-endorphin) that helps move glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle tissue.
Berberine is incredibly effective at controlling insulin levels and glucose disposal.

You can use this like any other product, 4-8 weeks straight with some time off after, or just utilize it for those larger carb meals or cheat meals. You will notice a reduction in bloating, a leaner look, and people often get food pumps when dosed with a high carb meal.

Nutriverse has 20% off SlinMax, just add it to your cart, and you can save an additional 5% with code AM5

https://www.nutri-verse.com/slinmax/

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I think they are valuable before carb heavy cheat meals so that you get less bloated. I use SNS Glycophase, but only on the weekends. One cap before breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Currently carb cycling, which has seemed to help my insulin sensitivity. Will be experimenting more with Glycophase on a daily basis once I am off my comp diet.

LambdaChi

Awards
So when dosing agmatine, do you want to take this pre-workout as well? im guessing with something like 50-75g carbs?

LambdaChi

Awards
yea but the only info for pre-workout is with alcar. the only one i currently have on hand is agmatine. I usually take agmatine pre-workout anyways, just for other benefits, but im wondering if i should start taking it was 50g fast acting carbs preworkout too, as opposed to just my preworkout/agmatine.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
yea but the only info for pre-workout is with alcar. the only one i currently have on hand is agmatine. I usually take agmatine pre-workout anyways, just for other benefits, but im wondering if i should start taking it was 50g fast acting carbs preworkout too, as opposed to just my preworkout/agmatine.
No, it quoted pre and post workout for agmatine usage. Just read it again....lol