Non dairy, Gluten free, soy free, wheat free protein

bubble boy

Awards
I'm looking for a protein that fits the above non dairy, non gluten , soy free. wheat free
This is for my daughter who has a ton of digestive / food allergy issues.
We have tried Pea and hemp but they taste pretty bad. Any suggestions on something that fits this profile
but actually taste good?

Thanks for your help!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah man, hit @DieselNY up about www.ketoshop.com vegan protein. I just tried some samples, and they're legit tasty. I've tried most, it's top tier.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Core Nutritionals Vegan and PES Select Vegan would probably be the 1st 2 I'd look to.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm looking for a protein that fits the above non dairy, non gluten , soy free. wheat free
We have tried Pea and hemp but they taste pretty bad. Any suggestions on something that fits this profile
but actually taste good?

Thanks for your help!
Your probably not going to find much that fits the catagory and taste good. I'm sure it's out there somewhere but probably very limited options. I'd focus on just using solid foods that you can eat or liquefy into a ninja or something.

With the dairy thing,
Is dairy the problem or is lactose the problem?

bubble boy

Awards
Your probably not going to find much that fits the catagory and taste good. I'm sure it's out there somewhere but probably very limited options. I'd focus on just using solid foods that you can eat or liquefy into a ninja or something.

With the dairy thing,
Is dairy the problem or is lactose the problem?
I agree we may not find much but I will give it a shot with the other protein brand suggestions.
as far as the dairy/ lactose. It is my daughter so I’m not sure, I thought dairy contained lactose. I am assuming it is the lactose that is cause of the issue. Thanks for your input

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I agree we may not find much but I will give it a shot with the other protein brand suggestions.
as far as the dairy/ lactose. It is my daughter so I’m not sure, I thought dairy contained lactose. I am assuming it is the lactose that is cause of the issue. Thanks for your input
You can buy lactose free milk and if you get a high quality whey isolate the lactose is almost completely filtered out.

The 2% chocolate fairlife milk has 13 grams of protein per cup half the sugar of regular milk and no lactose and is absolutely delicious. Blend a cup of that up with a banana and a little bit of peanut butter and it's absolutely delicious too

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can buy lactose free milk and if you get a high quality whey isolate the lactose is almost completely filtered out.

The 2% chocolate fairlife milk has 13 grams of protein per cup half the sugar of regular milk and no lactose and is absolutely delicious. Blend a cup of that up with a banana and a little bit of peanut butter and it's absolutely delicious too
The reason I'm bringing this up is because high quality whey proteins that are isolates and that fairlife milk both go over very well for people who are lactose intolerant. You can't be drinking it for every meal of the day but it works very well for people who are lactose intolerant

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, there are actually some very good tasting pea protein powder on the market. There's a huge variance from Brand to Brand so you may want to still explore that route a little further

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have had severe ibs going on two years now. my go-to proteins have been isopure, ON gold standard, and EVL Isolit.

I do believe they all contain milk. However I believe the amount of lactose that’s left after filtration is minimal.

Has she undergone any food allergy tests to find out the root of the issue?

bubble boy

Awards
Yes, she has gone through the food allergy testing and there is quite a bit she has to stay away from. She does a decent job of that but cheats build up and cause issues.
she needs some extra protein so I was looking for a good protein she can take after workouts, and maybe one during the day.
I ordered samples from Ketoshop as a start

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
They're on the pricey side, but another thing to look for would be the Koia protein drinks you can find in grocery stores/places like Target. I've seen Target do BOGO sales with them a lot. The Vanilla Bean, Cacao Bean and Chocolate Banana ones all taste pretty decent as far as protein shakes go.

bubble boy

Awards
O
They're on the pricey side, but another thing to look for would be the Koia protein drinks you can find in grocery stores/places like Target. I've seen Target do BOGO sales with them a lot. The Vanilla Bean, Cacao Bean and Chocolate Banana ones all taste pretty decent as far as protein shakes go.
oh! Well that would be a good idea or option to try and easy to get. Will have to check those out as well. Thanks for the ideas

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
but actually taste good?

Thanks for your help!
Ghost has a good vegan protein. Best tasting one I’ve tried. It’s free of the items you listed.

bubble boy

Awards
Ghost has a good vegan protein. Best tasting one I’ve tried. It’s free of the items you listed.
We will look into this as well.
We did receive the sample pack of isoplant from ketoshop, She has only tried the PB flavor so far but said it tasted good so that was promising. Always nice to have a few varieties so we will try some of the other suggestions as well.
Thank you all for the suggestions