Newbie 37yr old Female Needs help with Weight, Fat loss, Energy & Supplements

kdejesus75

Awards
Hello,

I have been working out and I have hit a plateo, no matter what I do I cant get below 175lbs. I dont know what supplements to choose, there are so many and everyone has a different view.

My goal weight is 155-160, I'm 5'9 and got the pooch going on. I'm currently using NitraFlex for pre-work out and nothing else, it seems to be a good source of energy.

I do a 120 leg lifts and 100 crunches everyday for my stomach. If anyone has any idea's for supplements and workout guide for my whole body PLEASE help, Im tired of being FAT.

Thank you

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hello,

I have been working out and I have hit a plateo, no matter what I do I cant get below 175lbs. I dont know what supplements to choose, there are so many and everyone has a different view.

My goal weight is 155-160, I'm 5'9 and got the pooch going on. I'm currently using NitraFlex for pre-work out and nothing else, it seems to be a good source of energy.

I do a 120 leg lifts and 100 crunches everyday for my stomach. If anyone has any idea's for supplements and workout guide for my whole body PLEASE help, Im tired of being FAT.

Thank you
Assuming you're tweaking the diet & (hitting cardio) maybe look into some fat burners. There's a few stims, non stims & low stims.

Fat Smack XR
oxyelite pro
Recreate
Alpha T2
DCP (IIRC)
Lean Xtreme

That's about all I can think off the top of my head. Do some google searchs read around at people results and reactions in terms of sides to these products.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hello,

Thank you
First off, DON'T focus on your scale weight - BODY COMPOSITION is what is important! If you don't know what your body composition is, then I recommend that you find out what it is and set a BODY COMPOSITION goal, since you only want to lose bodyfat and NOT precious muscle mass (which you might if you set a target scale weight).

Next, if you're a "newbie", then there is NO need for you to add in any supplements to help break through any plateaus. INSTEAD, take a look at your NUTRITION and/or TRAINING, since the former is the primary factor that will affect your fat loss success or not, and the former also plays a role.

Re nutrition, make sure you are NOT starving yourself or being silly with your diet.

Re training, make sure that your training programme is set up with primarily compound lifts, and if you're a "newbie", ideally Full-Body sessions ~3 times a week, a day between for recovery.

As far as doing leg lifts and crunches every day - be aware you do NOT need to train your abs every day and doing specific exercises for them is NOT going to get rid of any midsection fat. Abs 2-3 times a week for ~100 reps in total overall is adequate enough abwork - your abs are like any other muscle, after all.

If you WANT to add in a preworkout product, then look into something like Assault - it gives smooth, clean energy, and can also aid in fat loss.

For everything else, I recommend that you read the eBook The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive information and advice on nutrition, supplementation (only the basic staples needed for a female not <12-15% bodyfat or just wanting to get that little bit leaner), and training (inclusive of a sample training programme for a beginner) for effective and successful fat loss.

Finally, if you're not sure about what to do after that, then do some more personal research on nutrition and training for fat loss. Or take the frustration and guesswork out of it and just get yourself a trainer who can and will design and create an INDIVIDUALIZED Nutrition Plan and Training Programme specific to YOU, based on YOUR goals and needs.

All the best!

~Rosie~