New Training Split for more mass in Legs

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am trying a new workout in order to put more emphasis on my legs. I do not consider my legs a lagging body part. My legs are fairly symmetrical and well shaped, but being 6’2” with long appendages, I would like to attempt to fight my genetics and grow them to to be slightly disproportionately larger than my upper body. I am aiming for the typical running back appearance... bodybuilder caliber legs and slightly smaller, but well built upper body. In my attempt to accomplish this goal, I have split my workout differently and added an additional day to my week. Below is my training split labeled New & Old training split. It is not worth going into detail as to what I do for my body parts, as that changes week to week, sometimes day to day. So besides my legs, I do a lot of sets, with high reps (15-20), with medium to light weight, and I usually perform 1 drop/burn-out set to failure per body part.

New Training Split:

Monday: Shoulders, Traps, & Calves
Tuesday: Heavy Legs
Wednesday: Back & Calves
Thursday: Chest & Abs
Friday: Biceps, Hamstrings, & Calves
Saturday: Triceps, Quadriceps, & Abs
Sunday: REST

Old Training Split:

Monday: Shoulders, Traps, & Calves
Tuesday: Legs & Abs
Wednesday: Back & Calves
Thursday: Chest & Abs
Friday: Biceps, Triceps, & Calves
Saturday: REST
Sunday: REST

As you can see, I have not changed my workout very drastically at all. I did this so I could dedicate an entire workout to very heavy compound leg movements. Then, later in the week, do some higher reps / lighter weight, shaping exercises to specifically burn my quads & hams. If anyone out there has any suggestions, or additional information, that would be great. As of now, I have just started and this is my first week at the new split. I know it doesn’t happen overnight, but I am hoping to notice a little bit of a difference in about 3 mos.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 10
AntM1564 Anabolics 5
mcdeluxe Training Forum 6
Training Forum 3
Training Forum 5