New to site, weight loss journey (Advice needed)

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hello everyone! New to the site. Been cutting since September. Starting weight was 265. Now sitting at 225. 6' tall and 31 yrs old. I have been dieting at 2000 calories a day the whole time with 170g-200g protein, 60-70g fat, and remaining in carbs. Workout is around 3-4 days per week. I train hard when I do go and do lots of supersets.

Current routine:
Arm Day superset Biceps and Triceps along with shoulders. 4x12 on all exercise and 3 different exercises per muscle.

Back and chest same thing

Leg day same thing.

So far I have managed to keep my arms the same size (currently 16-16.5") thighs 24" and calves 16" chest is at 42".

According to army standards I am at 18% bf now and according to Withings scale between 19-20%.

Supplements that I took was Animal Pak, ON Fish oil, Lipo 6, Animal Stak, BPI BCAA, creatine monohydrate, and Agmatine Sulfate.

My weight loss stalled for a couple weeks at 235 lbs so took a 2 week cycle of Clen and dropped another 10 lbs. I am currently off cycle for another week then plan on hitting it again.

I am switching my supplements this month and wanted everyone's opinion on what I am getting:

Orange Triad
Forskolin 95
Yohimbine
DAA 3K
Conquer Demi God
Finaflex G8

(EDIT: Based on talks with Driven2lift I have decided to drop the Yohimbine, DAA, Conquer, and Finaflex and just go with Ergonine and Alphamine along with my Orange Triad and Forskolin 95.)

Any suggestions to help me along with my weight loss journey? At this point it appears my fat is mainly just remaining in lower chest and lower abs. Top 2 abs visible now.

Thanks,

Kevin

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No need for the DAA really.

This is impressive progress so far brother!

If you want to try a burner look into Norcodrene

If you are lifting and trying to hold or build muscle as I see, look into Ergonine. All the best of bodybuilding in one scoop to build muscle, perform better, and lose fat.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the info. I will just use the DAA up then. I only bought one 30 day supply anyway. Sounded good in theory and it has been mentioned a lot lurking around the forums here. The Ergonine is intriguing to me as my main mission is keeping as much muscle as I possibly can trying to get down another 20lbs at least. The burners I am just using for thermogenic effect really. I don't need appetite suppressants or anything as I have a very good control over my diet now. Majority of my weight gain was from beer not food anyway. Stopped drinking beer and problem solved.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Good man, it really sounds like you are on track. It is 90% diet.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes I have found the diet to be the easy part. I am doing IIFYM for the most part but keeping it as clean as possible without driving myself insane. Loving it so far and feel worlds better. Cheat days I eat pizza while still maintaining my calorie goal...although I can't hit my protein goal on pizza day.

As for another question: How long should one keep with a workout routine before switching it up? Do I wait till I start losing size while cutting then change it up or should I move to another program?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yes I have found the diet to be the easy part. I am doing IIFYM for the most part but keeping it as clean as possible without driving myself insane. Loving it so far and feel worlds better. Cheat days I eat pizza while still maintaining my calorie goal...although I can't hit my protein goal on pizza day. As for another question: How long should one keep with a workout routine before switching it up? Do I wait till I start losing size while cutting then change it up or should I move to another program?
1- If it stops challenging you
2- if you are not progressing after 4 weeks (always give a program an honest run)
3- I like to switch routine every 8-10 weeks no matter what

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the advice again! Will look into starting a new routine once I make my move back stateside this month.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks for the advice again! Will look into starting a new routine once I make my move back stateside this month.
No problem, where are you now?

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Went ahead and ordered a couple tubs of Ergonine. I only paid 9 bucks for the creatine monohydrate so not a big loss.

riguy

Awards
Just curious. What does your diet currently look like on a daily basis? We have similar stats, but my weight will just not budge! Thanks...

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My morning meal I alternate between a protein shake and eggs and toast. Either 2 scoops of protein powder with a tbsp of peanut butter blended or 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites with 2 slices of toast.

Lunch is 200g of lean meat and 1-2 cups of vegetables. I can't eat dry meat so my fat source is some sort of sauce usually whether cream sauce or bbq sauce. Also cook with 1 tbsp of oil for pan cooking.

Dinner is 200g of lean meat and 1-2 cups of vegetables. Same thing with the sauce. I alternate between lunch and dinner for carbs as well. If I work out in the morning then at lunch I will eat either a cup of rice or 200g of boiled potatoes. If I work out after 3pm then I will have my carbs for dinner.

Snack - I go between peanut butter and cottage cheese depending on which macro I am falling behind on. I also have a scoop of gelato approximately 3x per week.

Cheat day - once a week I will eat a breakfast and lunch mostly consisting of a protein source and then for dinner I will kill a bunch of pizza. Usually around 1200 calories worth of pizza.

I don't drink my calories except for supplements. I drink maybe 1-2 zero calorie beverages a day. (Diet soda or zero calorie fruit drinks usually with meals.)

Macros are 200g of protein, 60-70g of fat, 100-150g of carbs.

Total calories usually right around 2000 calories. If I hit my protein goal and not hungry I will stop eating so I sometimes take it to a lower deficit. Even on cheat days I never go above maintenance and usually still stay in deficit.

I do weigh all my food and keep an accurate log religiously using myfitnesspal. I do eat out at restaurants quite a bit but surprisingly find it easy to get a weight on the food and order it the way I want. I eat sushi 2-3 times a week. I always order 250-300g of tuna sashimi and 1 cup of sushi rice when I eat sushi. I don't get hung up on the clean eating but I mind my calories and my macros. I guess you can say it is IIFYM dieting. Down 43 lbs in 140 days.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Based on talks with Driven2lift I have decided to drop the Yohimbine, DAA, Conquer, and Finaflex and just go with Ergonine and Alphamine along with my Orange Triad and Forskolin 95.

So new supplement intake will be:

Orange Triad
Ergonine
Alphamine
Fish Oil
Forskolin 95 (cycled)

This Saturday I will pick up my last Clen cycle before starting the new stash of supplements.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great progress, keep it up man.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
This is awesome progress man - sounds like you'll be at a healthy happy body weight in no time. Then you'll get them striations ;)

thu_hobbit

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone! New to the site. Been cutting since September. Starting weight was 265. Now sitting at 225. 6' tall and 31 yrs old. I have been dieting at 2000 calories a day the whole time with 170g-200g protein, 60-70g fat, and remaining in carbs. Workout is around 3-4 days per week. I train hard when I do go and do lots of supersets.

Current routine:
Arm Day superset Biceps and Triceps along with shoulders. 4x12 on all exercise and 3 different exercises per muscle.

Back and chest same thing

Leg day same thing.

So far I have managed to keep my arms the same size (currently 16-16.5") thighs 24" and calves 16" chest is at 42".

According to army standards I am at 18% bf now and according to Withings scale between 19-20%.

Supplements that I took was Animal Pak, ON Fish oil, Lipo 6, Animal Stak, BPI BCAA, creatine monohydrate, and Agmatine Sulfate.

My weight loss stalled for a couple weeks at 235 lbs so took a 2 week cycle of Clen and dropped another 10 lbs. I am currently off cycle for another week then plan on hitting it again.

I am switching my supplements this month and wanted everyone's opinion on what I am getting:

Orange Triad
Forskolin 95
Yohimbine
DAA 3K
Conquer Demi God
Finaflex G8

(EDIT: Based on talks with Driven2lift I have decided to drop the Yohimbine, DAA, Conquer, and Finaflex and just go with Ergonine and Alphamine along with my Orange Triad and Forskolin 95.)

Any suggestions to help me along with my weight loss journey? At this point it appears my fat is mainly just remaining in lower chest and lower abs. Top 2 abs visible now.

Thanks,

Kevin
try target a-2 in place of your yohimbine in the mornings with a fasted cario session