New PR Deadlift!! 2 weeks out from USAPL national qualifier

Peckboy69

Awards
Set my new Raw Deadlift PR yesterday!!!!......550lb deadlift at 157lb bodyweight raw!!!! Just chalk and my belt. 2 weeks out from a USAPL national qualifier....hoping to get 575 possibly?!?!?!?!? Tell me what ya guys think!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=NCKm0aMVL00

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
That's a great pull. I wouldn't be trying to pull a PR only two weeks before a meet, but if you have found that works for you then go ahead. My problem is that I would use up too much physical and emotional energy pulling a PR to hit an even higher number only two weeks later. I would certainly recommend you rest and not do anything too strenuous from here on out so you are fully rested for the meet. Again, take my advice with a grain of salt if you have been successful with this type of approach in the past.

Peckboy69

Awards
yea...i plan on resting as much as i can until the 29th.....the day of the meet......next week just go test out my maxes and go home lol...lots of rest and protein lol

ModernLats

Awards
Wow, your pretty big for your size fantastic pull I myself have never gone that high in the DL. Your an inspiration

MongoSS

MongoSS

Awards
Do not test your maxes next week. You should have a good basic idea of what you are going to try and hit. It will do nothing but burn out your central nervous system. Rest, Rest, Rest.. Most upper level powerlifters I know wont pull heavy deads within ten days of a meet. Many lifters take 5-8 days off prior to a meet.

Peckboy69

Awards
thanx man...i plan on lifting light til sat...hitting my legs one last time on sat.....and thats it until the comp on the 29th....thanks alot fellas!!!!