jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey everyone,

Looking for a quality belt I can use for deadlifts. I am currently deadlifting at 405lbs and I want it to skyrocket with the use of a proper belt. I’ve looked around and my best bet is using a belt utilizing a lever is the best. Also for sizing my I wear a size 32 pants around the waist.

Any recommendations for a quality belt and the size? Thanks for all your help.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Look into Pioneer belts as they are the best IMO.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You want a standard 10mm or 13mm thickness powerbelt with a lever. They all have to be the same specs to be powerlifting legal, so choice of brand is strictly about quality/longevity vs price.

Pioneer is top notch.

My Titan 10mm leverbelt has been kicking ass for me for 10 years now, no signs of wear, still has a lifetime guarantee.

13mm is a bit more support for the heaviest squats & upright movements, but will be harder to bend over for things like deadlifts & rows, so 10mm is what I recommend for everything generally.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You want a standard 10mm or 13mm thickness powerbelt with a lever. They all have to be the same specs to be powerlifting legal, so choice of brand is strictly about quality/longevity vs price.

Pioneer is top notch.

My Titan 10mm leverbelt has been kicking ass for me for 10 years now, no signs of wear, still has a lifetime guarantee.

13mm is a bit more support for the heaviest squats & upright movements, but will be harder to bend over for things like deadlifts & rows, so 10mm is what I recommend for everything generally.

10mm it is. With regards to sizing, is it the same as pants size? I know some belts are sized different based on that. Thanks for your advice and expertise my brother.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10mm it is. With regards to sizing, is it the same as pants size? I know some belts are sized different based on that. Thanks for your advice and expertise my brother.
They’re going to have you measure where you will actually wear it, typically around your bellybutton. You want to pick a size that gives you some room to grow or cut, depending on goals.