Need help improving my bench press

Surgeondeath

Awards
Hey guys,
I am new to the forum i was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on how to improve my bench. It hasnt gone up in weight in a few months. I do weighted dips twice a week and pull ups and chin ups once a week(also weighted) I do bench once a week as well. Thats all i really do for upper body. Is there anything else i should be doing to help improve my bench?

Touey

Touey

Awards
Hey guys,
I am new to the forum i was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on how to improve my bench. It hasnt gone up in weight in a few months. I do weighted dips twice a week and pull ups and chin ups once a week(also weighted) I do bench once a week as well. Thats all i really do for upper body. Is there anything else i should be doing to help improve my bench?
I understand where the place you are coming from.. Work only for the shoulders for a year and see then how you are on the bench.. hope it may help some.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,
Hard to give advice without knowing every single detail. You have to take in account every variable possible. Judging just by what you said-I would make sure you periodize your training and ensure that you're progressing. Hit back 2-4 times a week. Pick one exercise and hammer it for some high volume or high intensity. Same goes for your triceps. Make sure your shoulders are up to par as well. Your back is enormously important for a strong bench press.

That's all talking muscular though. About a million different things can be said for proficiency in technique.

Id recommend hopping on a proven training program.

Like I said, impossible to give you an answer without knowing every single variable as the bench press is a full body movement and is difficult to master

Surgeondeath

Awards
Yeah i am thinking that it is my shoulder are my weak point. I hurt my shoulder when i first started training(im sure if was from my job though not the actual training.) every since then i havent done shoulders. Thank you guys for answering me!

DanaeZ82

DanaeZ82

Banned
Awards
I had shoulder surgery so I know how frustrating it can be.

DanaeZ82

DanaeZ82

Banned
Awards
Just keep at it. I was stuck for years. I just kept lifting and kept lifting and I'm up to 185 on flat bench.