Need diet and training for weight loss?

barbell_boy

Awards
Hello guys, i'm new here. My info is:
Weight: ~84kg
Height: ~172cm
Experience with irons liftin :D : +2years, but because im not serious when it comes with proper nutrition i look like i never touched a barbell :(
Looking: chubby (most of fat is stored in m tights and gluteus, less in my abdomen)

I need from you to recommend me just two things:

1. Training for fat loss (weight, cardio or both, what?), training that is 3-4x week and that is no longer than 1 hour (45min-1hour, medical student here so i dont have so much free time), that is all about training that i want to ask..
2. Diet, should i follow diet like: low carb, low fat, carb cycling etc. OR just count calories and cut sugars and all junk food OR not doing anything that i told, just cut all the junk and eat more vegetables, meat (chicken breasts,skinless), eggs, integral bread, oats, milk etc... What to do here?

Thanks for all..
Cheers!

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Follow a good lifting routine
Eat less than your maintenance calories
Don't limit your foods that you eat
Profit??????

barbell_boy

Awards
Follow a good lifting routine
Eat less than your maintenance calories
Don't limit your foods that you eat
Profit??????
Can you recommend me a good lifting routine?
What do you mean by Don't limit my food that i eat?
Profit??? (what you mean by that ?)

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5x5 program google some there is a few or ppl program
Don't worry about low carb low fat or whatever - aim for high protein 150-200g depending on body weight and get at least 50g of fat a day then rest of the calories for whatever - carbs,fat,protein

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Diet is king. I lost my weight by eating 40/40/20 at a caloric deficit. MyFitnessPal is your friend here. You can plug in some info and calc how much you burn in a day approx, then drop that a few hundred and set 40% protein, 40% carb, 20% fat. Now log everything. After a few days you should get an idea of what you should eat. If anything, you want protein higher and carbs lower.

I do whole body circuit training for lifts and HIIT cardio, alternating 6 days a week. This way, even on lift days, I'm getting a cardio workout.

That's what worked for me, but everyone is different. Play with it a little and I'm sure you'll find where you need to be to get the results you want!

You can also join our 6 week weight loss challenge thread for some fun and motivation. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285564