Need advice - Just bought Erase Pro

Kerrblur2

Kerrblur2

Awards
Aloha let me start off by introducing myself, my name is Ryan Kerr and I am 30 years old and I really enjoy activities mostly weight lifting. I just bought Erase-Pro from GNC Yesterday(9/21/2013) because a friend from the gym said it may help me lean out because I am about 203 Lbs, (Ill show pics of myself once i learn how to do it) but I lack the ability to lose my body fat %.

So my question is this: Is Erase Pro a good supplement to take even if I dont take steroids or any pro hormones?
what other steps can I take to get down to my target weight of 190ish but keep my strength?
I do believe my Body Fat % is around 15-18%(You can Kiiiiiinndda see my top two abs)

Here are the supplements I do take right now to help you out:

2000 mg CLA x2 day (1 morning/1night)
GNC liver support x3 day (1 morning 1 lunch 1 night)
GNC niacin 250 mg x2 day(1 morning / 1 night)
GNC mega mens multivitamin (2 pills in the morning)
GNC Omega 3-6-9 x2 (both in the morning)

[PRE-WORKOUT]
Cellucor C4 (2 scoops) + BSN aminoX (1 scoop)

[POST-WORKOUT]
30 G whey isolate + 2% milk (12 oz)

My diet is pretty good, I do not eat fast food or anything or the sort. Mornings I have a whole wheat cereal or egg whites
lunch/dinner is mostly chicken, steak with vegetables and fruit. I try to keep my protein levels pretty high.
I am a huge rice fan so i hope that is good

but mostly is ERASE-PRO worth my time and will it serve me well even though i dont (quote unquote) stack anything hardcore except the basic things i mentioned above.

I really appreciate any bodies thoughts, opinions, or helpful suggestions cause with a shirt i look GREAT, shirt off is a different story all together and i wanna change that. I took Erase-Pro today(9/22/2013) 35 minutes before driving to the gym. I ate a chicken breast and had whole wheat bread.

gosh i hope That was descriptive enough.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Well Erase-Pro (or anything) is not a magic supplement that will give you abs if everything else, particularly diet, isn't 100% in check. You say your diet is "pretty good". It should be "great"... "pretty good" won't cut it. Literally. Do you know what your TDEE is? Do you count calories or macros? It's not enough to simply "not eat junk". I never ate junk for years and I looked in the mirror one day and really didn't like what I saw... and that was because unbeknownst to me I wasn't doing anything right, even though I thought it was enough just to eat good healthy food. It's more complicated than that, and does take quite a bit of effort and hard work. Not that I'm saying you're not putting the effort in, as I'm sure you are, but it's just a case of knowing what areas need to be focused on... and popping a few pills every day isn't going to be the solution I'm afraid... as much as we ALL wish it was lol. ;)

Oh, and I guarantee you don't "lack the ability" to lose your bodyfat, you simply lack the knowledge... that may sound harsh, I don't mean it to be. :)

Kerrblur2

Kerrblur2

Awards
I do try to eat every 3,4 hours while i am awake. small portions i eat a good amount of fiber, proteins and good carbs for my diet I do eat very lean and i am relatively good at it (lol have too cause my gf who competes prepares the food for us).
so Erase Pro effective at at least 'helping' to lean you out? i am a very thick guy, very strong for my weight but i just wanted to know more about this maybe from people who took it, or if its ok to take with what i listed above.

Thank you johnston for your input.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
It CAN DO is the answer to your question, but only if everything else is in check. And to what extent is unknown. No guarantee of anything. Personally, I saw little effect from it, but I'm a non-responder to many things.

My advice would be to get your bodyfat down a bit first. And you don't need Erase to do that. Calorie/macro control will do this. THAT IS 100% guaranteed. ;)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
The only thing that will help you lean out is diet. If you haven't got that down it doesn't matter what you take.

Kerrblur2

Kerrblur2

Awards
my bodyfat just doesnt seem to change even if i count everything, i dont dare to do low carb, dont feel like getting sick and we all know low carb diet is a temporary thing. im taking anywhere from 190-230 grams of protein a day - my carb intake isnt so much counted, get my carbs from the whole wheat and rice that I eat. when I work out I do alot of circuitry/crossfit type of training where i leave little rest between sets.

like maybe this Erase pro can assist me in getting alittle leaner (not as lean as you but hopefully), you know at 9-10% body fat you are looking pretty good and im ok with that. i've nothing but pretty good reviews but nothing in terms of how lean someone actually got. i just wanna los 5-6% bodyfat.

im going to look into my diet more as well thank you for your input.

but my question was the Erase pro and if its effective on someone who doesnt take steroids or anything like that.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Of course Erase CAN be effective without steroids etc. It's like asking if a car will run on petrol... yeah, of course, but if there ain't any wheels on it, that petrol isn't doing much good is it lol!? Your diet is the key. Whatever you think you're doing, it's not ALL you can do. Erase, or any other supp, is never going to fill in the gaps where your diet is falling short. This cannot be emphasised enough, and you won't get anyone knowledgeable on the subject who isn't trying to sell you something tell you any different. In your situation, the most likely outcome here is that Erase will do nothing for you and you'll have wasted your money. It SURE AS HELL won't enable you to lose 5-6% lol! Keep dreaming. :D

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Erase pro will definitely help you lean out. It will lower estrogen and cortisol which will assist in burning fat and shedding water. But of course your diet is the most important factor.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
First if all I would like to say congrats on buying a premium product next make sure you follow the directions for dosing this correctly. It can be a little tricky at first but then it becomes easy. You will love your results from this product. It really does a great job. I enjoy it. How is your stack looking?

Kerrblur2

Kerrblur2

Awards
First if all I would like to say congrats on buying a premium product next make sure you follow the directions for dosing this correctly. It can be a little tricky at first but then it becomes easy. You will love your results from this product. It really does a great job. I enjoy it. How is your stack looking?
stack? haha im sorry im not too keen on what that means. if you have suggestions then please im all ears. but the only thing i really take is multi vitamins, cla, fish oils, everything i listed above. i do eat right, lean, healthy greens but i just have a slower metabolism i guess in the mid section haha

Kerrblur2

Kerrblur2

Awards
Erase pro will definitely help you lean out. It will lower estrogen and cortisol which will assist in burning fat and shedding water. But of course your diet is the most important factor.
So my diet litterally consists of protein shake once a day and egg whigtes and lotsa of broccoli / chicken breast and steak a day, lean meals (cant forget the rice! lol i live in maui). do you think it is possible i have higher estrogen levels and my body is storing more fat and thats why im having a hard time losing body fat? lol sorry i dont know the science with this.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
There's no reason to think you would have high estrogen levels. While your diet doesn't sound BAD (although a cursory glance would suggest you're not eating enough good fats), it does seem like you have no idea on your calorie/macro breakdown. I don't think you realise how CRUCIALLY IMPORTANT THIS IS! You don't need to be a scientist to understand this stuff. Hell, if you can't figure it out post your EXACT quantities of food you eat on an average day and I'll tell you.

By the way, there's no such thing as "slower metabolism in the mid-section"... it's a stubborn area for most men though. But I say again, it will be controlled by DIET.

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would say that using Erase Pro to help with weight loss is the wrong way to go. Like Johnson said, diet is gonna be what really makes the difference. If your diet is spot on, you dont even really need cardio to lose fat, but most use cardio and supplements as their crutch. You can be eating the right things, but in the wrong portions. If you are eating too large of a portion, you are going to be in a calorie surplus and gain fat, if you eat too small of portions, your body will go into starvation mode, your metabolism will slow way down and muscle will be metabolized and fat will be stored which is the exact opposite of what you want. Get a food scale, start weighing your portions, use an app like fitday to see exactly where you are at calorie wise, then adjust from there. You wont need to weigh everything forever, but you will get a good idea of what a portion size will look like and that will help immensely. A cortisol blocker may be a good idea if you are looking to optimize your fat loss, but messing with your estrogen levels just to manage cortisol may not be the best idea. It may not hurt you to take the Erase pro, and it may help, but Id recommend fixing your diet first. If you want to look into a quality cortisol blocker, check out LeanFx from AX, I personally use it and love it. There are also many others out there that I cant comment on, but will probably do the trick. Good luck and let us know how this all works out for ya!

Kerrblur2

Kerrblur2

Awards
day 1 of this erase pro = crazy dreams! wth waking up every couple hours
Johnston i went a downloaded a counter and my gf (who is the competitor) is gonna kinda guide me on this calrie carb intake. ill look into the good fats thing as well thank you so much.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I would say that using Erase Pro to help with weight loss is the wrong way to go. Like Johnson said, diet is gonna be what really makes the difference. If your diet is spot on, you dont even really need cardio to lose fat, but most use cardio and supplements as their crutch. You can be eating the right things, but in the wrong portions. If you are eating too large of a portion, you are going to be in a calorie surplus and gain fat, if you eat too small of portions, your body will go into starvation mode, your metabolism will slow way down and muscle will be metabolized and fat will be stored which is the exact opposite of what you want. Get a food scale, start weighing your portions, use an app like fitday to see exactly where you are at calorie wise, then adjust from there. You wont need to weigh everything forever, but you will get a good idea of what a portion size will look like and that will help immensely. A cortisol blocker may be a good idea if you are looking to optimize your fat loss, but messing with your estrogen levels just to manage cortisol may not be the best idea. It may not hurt you to take the Erase pro, and it may help, but Id recommend fixing your diet first. If you want to look into a quality cortisol blocker, check out LeanFx from AX, I personally use it and love it. There are also many others out there that I cant comment on, but will probably do the trick. Good luck and let us know how this all works out for ya!
You still believe in starvation mode wen after all this IF dieting has been proven to not waste muscle? Things like the warrior diet recommend people going 20 hours without good and they still
Maintain muscle mass.

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thats correct. Months of under eating is nothing like 20hrs of not eating followed by eating your daily requirements. Your metabolism doesn't crash over night, it crashes over time. I have attempted every different type of diet over the years, I know when my body has been in starvation mode. IF doesnt put your body in starvation mode. Your body just adapts and becomes more efficient, its great, I love IF dieting. Have you ever just simply under ate for months on end? Im talking 1000-1500 calories for a few months. You end up losing massive amounts of weight, mostly muscle, you lose all strength, and you end up with a messed up metabolism. Thats what I call starvation mode. What do you call it?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Thats correct. Months of under eating is nothing like 20hrs of not eating followed by eating your daily requirements. Your metabolism doesn't crash over night, it crashes over time. I have attempted every different type of diet over the years, I know when my body has been in starvation mode. IF doesnt put your body in starvation mode. Your body just adapts and becomes more efficient, its great, I love IF dieting. Have you ever just simply under ate for months on end? Im talking 1000-1500 calories for a few months. You end up losing massive amounts of weight, mostly muscle, you lose all strength, and you end up with a messed up metabolism. Thats what I call starvation mode. What do you call it?
My apologies I assumed you were referring to commonly misconstrued concept that it can happen on a daily/weekly basis. I believe as you do that it takes months of severe under eating to actually achieve starvation mode. I hear it all the time on here people throwing around the concept of starvation mode after days/weeks of under eating which is simply not the case. This here is what I believe in http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81391-starvation-mode-myths-and-science

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
I'd definitely put my vote in for IF. I've only been doing it about 6 weeks, but I can already see it working. Definitely a great approach for me, and suits my lifestyle. Not going to be for everyone of course, but there's certainly no danger of it causing muscle loss or starvation mode lol!

Johnston i went a downloaded a counter and my gf (who is the competitor) is gonna kinda guide me on this calrie carb intake. ill look into the good fats thing as well thank you so much.
There are some good macro calculators online, take a look at those. You need to know your TDEE first... again easy calculators for this all over the place. This is not something you can guess or just ballpark... you need to be accurate with these things, and at the beginning you should ideally be weighing your food, knowing exactly what goes in to your body, and what your body needs. This is the only way you're going to see results.

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
My apologies I assumed you were referring to commonly misconstrued concept that it can happen on a daily/weekly basis. I believe as you do that it takes months of severe under eating to actually achieve starvation mode. I hear it all the time on here people throwing around the concept of starvation mode after days/weeks of under eating which is simply not the case. This here is what I believe in http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81391-starvation-mode-myths-and-science
Cool cool, glad we are on the same page =)

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Any advice regarding supplements is totally pointless until diet/workout is 100% in check. It's money down the toilet otherwise. Problem is people want a quick fix, and the way so many supplements are marketed give the strong impression they will make ALL the difference, but they won't. 90% of EVERYTHING is your diet/routine... in fact 70% of that is diet, so that's where the primary focus needs to be.