Nattokinase dangers?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been doing some reading on nattokinase and it looks interesting to add to my cardiovascular health stack, with the exception of what live strong says regarding risk of brain hemorrhage and stuff. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not really a big concern for healthy individuals; the risk they state is from a case report in a patient who had small vessel disease (who was also taking aspirin), so I'm not surprised they'd have a intracerebral hemorrhage.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's not really a big concern for healthy individuals; the risk they state is from a case report in a patient who had small vessel disease (who was also taking aspirin), so I'm not surprised they'd have a intracerebral hemorrhage.
So should I stop taking my baby aspirin before taking this?

If I even decide to take it...

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So should I stop taking my baby aspirin before taking this?

If I even decide to take it...
Really depends, but yeah I wouldn't. Does your family have any history of heart disease or anything else? If so, definitely not.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Really depends, but yeah I wouldn't. Does your family have any history of heart disease or anything else? If so, definitely not.
Hypertension and the rest of metabolic syndrome is all over my family.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hypertension and the rest of metabolic syndrome is all over my family.
I know people who use it religiously and love it, but I tend to err more on the side of caution with stuff (esp with a family history) and wouldn't take anything

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used natto for many years and it has helped greatly with keeping BP in check and lowering hematocrit levels while on TRT.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just procured 100g and began taking it yesterday for BP, hematocrit hemoglobin maintenance while on TRT. I'm also using Arjuna. I donate in another 6 weeks or so. I'll know benefits then unless I decide to do bloodwork before hand.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know people who use it religiously and love it, but I tend to err more on the side of caution with stuff (esp with a family history) and wouldn't take anything
Yeah, I'll probably skip this one.

I've used natto for many years and it has helped greatly with keeping BP in check and lowering hematocrit levels while on TRT.
Those both are what I was looking at this for, especially the blood pressure issue. It just won't stay under control. Unless there's something out there I'm missing, I've tried all the natural stuff and nothing is working on my blood pressure. It's at 146/80 relaxed. I've tried celery seed extract, olive leaf extract, ubiquinol, ashwagandha, AGE garlic, agmatine, theanine, taurine, and Relora. Maybe others as well but don't remember.

I just procured 100g and began taking it yesterday for BP, hematocrit hemoglobin maintenance while on TRT. I'm also using Arjuna. I donate in another 6 weeks or so. I'll know benefits then unless I decide to do bloodwork before hand.
I'll look into Arjuna!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I'll probably skip this one.

Those both are what I was looking at this for, especially the blood pressure issue. It just won't stay under control. Unless there's something out there I'm missing, I've tried all the natural stuff and nothing is working on my blood pressure. It's at 146/80 relaxed. I've tried celery seed extract, olive leaf extract, ubiquinol, ashwagandha, AGE garlic, agmatine, theanine, taurine, and Relora. Maybe others as well but don't remember.

I'll look into Arjuna!
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/95093-arjuna-terminalia-arjuna.html

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went with Swanson's Arjuna Bark Extract and a bulk bark powder from an ayurvedic herbs source - both very cheap.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pine Bark Extract. Got that in my cabinet too. Hmmm. What else is in here....

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arjuna - Interesting.