my workout advice/ help

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
i have been lifting for 2 years and have gotten some nice gains. i want some advice to tweak my workout. i try to keep to my sced as best as possible and want to train with the best way possible. i do 5-6 sets per body part and my 1st set i do 12 reps 2nd 5-8 3rd 2-4. let me know what you think

workout
-monday chest/ tris
-tues back/bis/abs
-wed off
-thrs shoulders/ abs
-fri traps/ lats/ forarms/ legs
-sat off
-sun off

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
whats your goal? size, strength, or cutting? 5-6 parts per body part - does that include biceps?

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
cutting and strength. yea i do 6 sets per muscle.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
for cutting, i can see that many sets. reps look good for strength gains. i would imagine that you might just want to switch exercises that you're doing for others if you're not getting what you want out of them. though i should add that your first set of 12 reps is more of a mass gainer than anything else. though it may be endurance-ish for you.

for bulking, its way too much. too much for biceps. to much for delts. overkill for traps. i can see different sets for quads, but they've got 4 heads, hence their name. i would cut down a bit on your smaller muscle groups, if you're not growing and concentrate on shocking them a bit with higher weights, less sets:

for biceps do 2-3 exercises
for triceps do 3-4 exercises
for traps do 2 (one should be heavy deadlifts)

i'm not an expert on cutting, but if you're not getting the results you want, switch movements.

ANYBODY that CUTS please correct me here - i've been on a slow bulk for over a year.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
strength - lift heavier and i personally like to train one group per day. on back day, do back....not back/bi. chest day, do chest...not chest/tri. you are taking power away from your back and chest by training your secondaries...i like to superset arms the last workout of the week. go for 8-10 rep range, 6-8 if you want retard strength.
strength usually works better with a bulking diet though, i'd focus on maintaining muscle if you want to lean up!
cutting = diet + cardio