My training/supps leading to 155

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I took today off and needed a nice refeed, so I have doubled my carb consumption today to refuel myself for the next few days. I am also down to my last few days of IGF-2 and I will post my final review along with measurements at that time. I am not sure if I will continue this log or start a new one along with my next stack, although I am not sure what I am going to use, yet.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I haven't been in here for a while, thought I'd drop by to say hi.

:wave:

What's eating for refeed day?? :hungry:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personaly would like to just see you keep it in here so people who are into training MMA themselves like me n so forth and peopel who may be looking for stacks can sort of use this as a guide. I know i have been for sure... You dont have to but i was just throwin my .2 cents in there! :wave::type:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personaly would like to just see you keep it in here so people who are into training MMA themselves like me n so forth and peopel who may be looking for stacks can sort of use this as a guide. I know i have been for sure... You dont have to but i was just throwin my .2 cents in there! :wave::type:
I will probably keep it here until I actually make it to 155 lbs, mainly to see where my strength is at compared to when I was a WW.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was the final WO on IGF-2:whiner:. I am not going to lift next week to let my CNS recover and to focus more on cardio and MMA.

12/15-Triceps, Delts, Traps

CG-BP-1x195x5, 2x205x3
Standing Press-1x135x8, 1x145x8+4
DB Shrugs/Pressdowns-3x90x12/3x190x12
Unilateral Side Laterals-2x35x10, 1x40x8+4
Ab Circuit
Comments-last WO of cycle; insane tricep and delt pump; good strength and endurance

Cardio
Sat-45 minutes of moderate running
Sun-20 minutes elliptical (261.4 kcals)

Tomorrow will be measurements and final comments/evaluations.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Round 2

I spent the past week focusing on MMA training instead of lifting and cardio. My knees, shins, and shoulders needed some time off from lifting and running, but I am ready to start back up again on Monday. My new stack will be as follows:
6 caps Activate Xtreme
6 caps Burn3D
50mg of Forskolin (starting at 25 and working up)
Napalm will be added on 1/7

Staples:
Xtend
Leucine
SuperCarb
BA

The biggest change that I am going to make is that I am removing oats from my diet. I have come to the conclusion that I have a mild food allergy to them because I am congested when I eat them, but it clears within 24 hours of me not eating them. My sources of complex carbs are going to be basmati rice and red potatoes. I am still going to be eating 7-8 serving of produce per day and around 180-200g of protein (along with 25-30g of BCAA). Mondays marks 8 weeks before my weigh-in and I am somewhat nervous about making 155 lbs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/24-Max Chest, Back, Biceps

Dips-3xBW+45x10
BB Rows-3x225x10
DB Press-60x10, 2x65x8
DB Row-110x10
BB Curl/Facepull-3x95x8/3x100x15
Crossovers/DB Curls-3x60x12/3x40x6

Cardio
30 min elliptical (401.1 kcals)

Comments-first WO since 12/16; great pump in chest and biceps; solid strength; right shoulder pain after DB Rows; weight was at 180 after eating way too much junk for the past week or so; need to get to 167 or so to comfortably make weight

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Merry christmas rodja darl! :)

One question for you... how would one toughen up their knuckles from boxing.. I tried a one hour session today using mits and pads and my skin tore and knuckles are very pink. I'm thinking either better padding or just more punching? :think:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/25-Legs

Squats-3x185x10 (60 seconds rest)
SLDL-3x205x6 (30 seconds rest)
Unilateral LP-3x4 platesx10
Reverse Lunges-3x135x6
Trunk Rotations/Weighted Crunches-3x60x12/3x110x30

Cardio
20 min elliptical (251.2 kcals)

Comments- felt really good today; dropped a lot of water today; weighed 175.5 by end of WO; haven't started the new supps, yet; starting on Monday

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Merry christmas rodja darl! :)

One question for you... how would one toughen up their knuckles from boxing.. I tried a one hour session today using mits and pads and my skin tore and knuckles are very pink. I'm thinking either better padding or just more punching? :think:
What size gloves did you use and did you use hand wraps?

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
No, I didn't, was kind of an impromptu I'm gonna try boxing today so I wasn't prepared at all. I think they were too big which caused some friction. Are hand wraps a long piece of cloth you keep wrapping around like a mummy? Would they be better or some snuggier type gloves to put underneath the mits?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
12/24-Max Chest, Back, Biceps

Dips-3xBW+45x10
BB Rows-3x225x10
DB Press-60x10, 2x65x8
DB Row-110x10
BB Curl/Facepull-3x95x8/3x100x15
Crossovers/DB Curls-3x60x12/3x40x6

Cardio
30 min elliptical (401.1 kcals)

Comments-first WO since 12/16; great pump in chest and biceps; solid strength; right shoulder pain after DB Rows; weight was at 180 after eating way too much junk for the past week or so; need to get to 167 or so to comfortably make weight
When is the next fight? Too bad their's no 161 class like Pride had, seems like you're too big for LW and a little small for WW.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I didn't, was kind of an impromptu I'm gonna try boxing today so I wasn't prepared at all. I think they were too big which caused some friction. Are hand wraps a long piece of cloth you keep wrapping around like a mummy? Would they be better or some snuggier type gloves to put underneath the mits?
Yep, that's them. Have someone show you how to properly wraps your hands and they will help to reduce the space between your glove and your hand.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Rodja, even though you pretty much intimidate the piss outta' me, I bet it would be awesome to spend a month training with you. Keep up the inspirational workouts!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja, even though you pretty much intimidate the piss outta' me, I bet it would be awesome to spend a month training with you. Keep up the inspirational workouts!
For future reference, that is not me in my avi.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yep, that's them. Have someone show you how to properly wraps your hands and they will help to reduce the space between your glove and your hand.
Just in case you are unfamiliar with MMA, that is not a pic of Rodja in his av, that's the axe murderer, Wanderlei Silva, who will hopefully be victorious this coming Saturday against Chuck Liddell.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just in case you are unfamiliar with MMA, that is not a pic of Rodja in his av, that's the axe murderer, Wanderlei Silva, who will hopefully be victorious this coming Saturday against Chuck Liddell.
How many times has that happened now? :lol:

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
For future reference, that is not me in my avi.
I know. Its just that in most of your posts that I've read in the past, you seem like an intense guy. Inspiring, but intense. :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know. Its just that in most of your posts that I've read in the past, you seem like an intense guy. Inspiring, but intense. :)
I am really docile unless I am training. MMA serves as more than just a sport for me, it is my catharsis. Like Wand says, "Make war in the ring, but peace everywhere else."

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am really docile unless I am training. MMA serves as more than just a sport for me, it is my catharsis. Like Wand says, "Make war in the ring, but peace everywhere else."

I have noticed since i started training that im much more laid back now and have gained a lot of confidence in my self that the only time i make war is in the gym and training. :thumbsup:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have noticed since i started training that im much more laid back now and have gained a lot of confidence in my self that the only time i make war is in the gym and training. :thumbsup:
This is what happens to almost everyone I have talked to that trains consistently. Out of all of my friends, I am the least likely to start a fight, but I will throw down if I really need to.:bruce3:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is what happens to almost everyone I have talked to that trains consistently. Out of all of my friends, I am the least likely to start a fight, but I will throw down if I really need to.:bruce3:
Exactly!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
When is the next fight? Too bad their's no 161 class like Pride had, seems like you're too big for LW and a little small for WW.
bump for answer, and will you be coming out to Sandstorm?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I've been a lot less irritated by people at work/school and my family since I got into a strict workout routine. Most of my day's frustrations are now taken out on the bag, or while I grunt like pregnant woman while I'm lifting.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bump for answer, and will you be coming out to Sandstorm?
My next fight is around February 19th. I wish there was a 160 lb class like they have in EliteXC, but I should be able to get down to 155 lbs. I might be able to get the fight at 160 lbs if my opponent agrees to it. I don't think that I am going to be coming out to Sandstorm; I am more of a punk-rock guy, even though I jam to Sandstorm while training.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
"Waiting Room", by Fugazi? That's probably super generic for you, I'm not well versed in punk rock. I forgot EliteXC has a 160 class, that would be ideal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Waiting Room", by Fugazi? That's probably super generic for you, I'm not well versed in punk rock. I forgot EliteXC has a 160 class, that would be ideal.
Last time I came out to Sick of It All's "Built to Last." 160 lbs would be awesome, but since 155 lbs is the standard, it would be better for me to compete there. I was at 168lbs 4 days before weigh-ins last time, so I know that I can get back their relatively quickly. I have over 7 weeks to focus on my conditioning and to trim some fat away. I am looking forward to competing at this class because I will be one of the bigger guys and I will really be able to use my BJJ and wrestling. My focus in training right now is on my stand-up, particularly that my kicks. Might as well use my thighs to my advantage.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Last time I came out to Sick of It All's "Built to Last." 160 lbs would be awesome, but since 155 lbs is the standard, it would be better for me to compete there. I was at 168lbs 4 days before weigh-ins last time, so I know that I can get back their relatively quickly. I have over 7 weeks to focus on my conditioning and to trim some fat away. I am looking forward to competing at this class because I will be one of the bigger guys and I will really be able to use my BJJ and wrestling. My focus in training right now is on my stand-up, particularly that my kicks. Might as well use my thighs to my advantage.
No doubt on the thighs, those are mini Crocops you got going. People will watch your tapes and expect you to grapple, then you touch em with a shin to the head:thumbsup:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No doubt on the thighs, those are mini Crocops you got going. People will watch your tapes and expect you to grapple, then you touch em with a shin to the head:thumbsup:
I have the power and the technique, I just need the confidence at this point.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/26
Cardio only day
4 miles in 30 minutes. Not my best performance and my thighs and abs are very sore from yesterday, which really slowed me down today. I also haven't really been feeling too well lately and I haven't been eating enough because of this.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Little behind on my updates

12/27-Chest, Back, Abs
Flat BP (dynamic)-5x135x5 (15 seconds rest)
Pull-Ups/Dips-5xBWx5/5xBWx12
BB Rows-3x225x12
Crossovers/Rear Flys-3x60x12/3x40x12
Ab Circuit

BJJ for 60 minutes in evening
20 minutes elliptical

12/29-Triceps, Delts, Traps
CG-BP-185x6, 195x5
Clean and Press-135x10, 145x10
Lying Extensions/DB Shrugs-3x85x10/3x90x12
Cable Front Raises/Unilateral Side Laterals-3x20x10/3x35x10

BJJ for 90 minutes
20 minutes elliptical

Tonight I will be having a good time because of UFC 79 and this will be my last time to party until after my fight. My weight is at 175, so I am right about where I need to be at this point. I am aiming for 168 before cutting and I have 7 weeks to get this weight. 1 lb/week is very doable with a clean diet, intense training, and solid supplementation.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn!!

Well, I have some bad news. I found out that I have a stress fracture in my left shin and I have to pull out of my fight. I do not have to be in a cast, but it will take about 4 weeks for it to heal completely. I will still be able to lift and can do cardio on the elliptical, but I cannot run and train MMA until the end of the month. There is a card that I am going to try to get on in March as long as I feel as though my conditioning can get to the level where I need it to be.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Damn that sucks hard. At least you still have the okay to lift.

And take care of that bod silly boy.

:)

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
You can probably still train BJJ if you take it easy, don't you think? Just drilling instead of sparring.

Sorry to hear that buddy. Good news is that shin will be stronger than ever before.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn that sucks hard. At least you still have the okay to lift.

And take care of that bod silly boy.

:)
In a way, it is probably a good thing because I really needed t give my body, and my brain, some time off. I will be back in the gym on Monday, but my training load is going to much less than it has been in about 6 months. I will still be working on some BJJ technique, but I need to work on my striking way more than grappling.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After a week of virtually non-existent training, I got back into the gym today. My fat ass is at 181 right now, but I am pretty sure that I will be down to 178 by the end of the week. I also began taking Activate Extreme today at 4 caps/day for this week, but I will be bumping it up to 6 caps/day next week.

1/7-Heavy Chest, Back, Biceps
Pre/During-WO supps-3RPM, 20g BCAA, 5g Leucine, 25g SuperCarb

Dips-BW+45x+, BW+55x6, BW+70x5
BB Rows-3x275x8
Flat DB Press-2x70x10, 75x8
BB Curl/Facepulls-85x10, 2x95x8/3x100x15
Crossover/Unilateral Preacher Curl-70x12/45x6

Cardio
15 minutes heavy bag boxing and kicks w/ right leg only
20 mins elliptical (271.4kcals)

Comments-good strength and pump; very focused/aggressive today; very fatigues by the end of training

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the injury. 181! Don't go pulling a Lutter on us come March.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the injury. 181! Don't go pulling a Lutter on us come March.
It's an inflated number. I was in the low 170's a few weeks ago, so I know I can get back there pretty quickly.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couple of updates:
1. Next fight is April 4th in Austin
2. My cardio is not where I want it to be
3. My shin is feeling much better

Training
12/8-Legs
Squats-185x6, 205x6, 225x6
SLDL-3x205x6 (15 sec rest)
Dynamic Step-Ups-3x80x10
Reverse Lunges w/ knee-up-3x135x6
15 mins heavy bag
20 mins elliptical (270.4 kcals)

Comments-3RPM+2AX=awesome WO, solid cardio on elliptical, breathing through nose until I hit the 150 BPM mark

12/10-Chest/Back
Dynamic BP-5x135x5 (15 sec rest)
Pull-Ups-3xBWx5 (30 sec rest)
Dips-3xBWx12 (30 sec rest)
DB Rows-100x15 (felt burning under right scapula)
15 mins heavy bag
20 mins elliptical (274.6 kcals)

Comments-lackluster WO, pain during eccentric part of lift, solid cardio on heavy bag and elliptical

Weight 178 lbs

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just as I start to ***** about my cardio, I have a fantastic conditioning session. I did a 10 minute warm-up on the heavy bag and then did the following circuit three times:
30 sec burpess
30 sec jumping jacks
30 sec sprawl w/ knee
90 sec shadow boxing
60 sec heavy bag combos
30 sec rest

For a cool down, I did 10 mins on the elliptical. I felt great during this session and was completely drenched by the end. I will start incorporating other circuits and build up to 5, 5-minutes rounds with 30 sec rest.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/12-Delts, Traps, Tris
Clean and Press-135x8, 145x8, 155x8 (PR)
Lying Extensions-3x95x8
Pressdowns/DB Shrugs-3x180x12/3x90x12
Side Laterals-3x35x12
Cable Front Raises/Laterals-2x20x10/2x20x12

3, 4-minutes Rds Heavy Bag

Conditioning-
30 sec Jump Rope
30 sec Burpee
30 sec Jumping Jacks
30 sec sprawl
60 sec shadow box
60 sec heavy bag

10 min elliptical

Comments-great cardio and strength, forearms were fried after warm-ups, used wrist straps, excellent focus

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/14-Heavy Chest, Back, Biceps

Dips-BW+45x8, BW+70x6, BW+80x5
Pull-Ups-3xBWx6
Incline DB Press-70x10, 75x8, 75x7
Reverse Grip Pulldowns-3x150x10
BB Curls-95x10, 2x105x8
Facepulls/Cable Curls-3x100x15/2x80x10

15 mins Heavy Bag
12 mins Conditioning Drills
5 miles running

RyanOFelt

Awards
When you say barbell rows, do you mean like, bent over rows? Because for me, I just started doing them like a week ago, and I can bench far more that I can row, but it looks like you're the opposite way. Is this an imbalance that I should try to fix?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When you say barbell rows, do you mean like, bent over rows? Because for me, I just started doing them like a week ago, and I can bench far more that I can row, but it looks like you're the opposite way. Is this an imbalance that I should try to fix?
If you're just starting out, then that is normal, but I put much more focus on pulling than pushing. Plus, I have shoulder injuries and have broken my clavicle 2 times.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I thought you were taking it easy from injury? :confused:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/15-Legs
Squats-3x185x6 (45 sec rest)
SLDL-3x205x6 (30 sec rest)
Dynamic Step-Ups-3x90x5 (30 sec rest)
Walking DB Lunges-2x55x12
Unilateral LP-3x180x10

Cardio and conditioning

1/16-Cardio, Bag Drills

1/17-Chest, Back
BB Rows/Pull-ups-3x205x8/3xBWx6 (30 sec rest)
Dips-BW+25x10, 2xBW+45x10
Dynamic BP-5x115x5 (15 sec rest)

Cardio

The AX is giving me some awesome sleep, so I have had tremendous energy for training. My weight is down to 177, compared to 185 earlier in the week, so I am almost back to my set point.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought you were taking it easy from injury? :confused:
This is taking it easy for me, which is sad when I think about it. I took some time off during December to recharge mentally because I was a little burnt-out. Now, I am ready to get back into it and I like to always be near "fighting" shape because I never know when I am going to get a call about my availability.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was a cardio-only session, which included jump-rope, bag drills, sprawls, shots, and elliptical.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/19-Delts, Traps, Triceps

Military Press-135x8, 145x5
Lying Extensions-95x9, 95x8
Pressdowns/DB Shrugs-3x160x12/3x90x12
Rear Flys/BB Front Raises-3x40x12/3x50x10