my protein bar make! yummy!!!

andrewcb

Awards
ok heres my protein bar make, i make them different each time, first make might be banana next make might be strawberries and etc etc, so i buy cereal to complement my fruit. um i added this up before and its a little over 24 ounces of food, i used a weight gainer for my protein and i believe it was around 50-60 grams of protein and 500-600 calories per serving, a good source of fiber, omega-3s, vitamins etc etc. a serving size is 4 ounces. i eat 8ounces a day and 1 batch last 3 days.

ok so first thing is first, make your shopping list, i personally shop at a organic food store like wholes food mart or sprouts just because its a little healthier and taste better in my opinion.

here are the items you need and how much will go into each batch.

300 grams of protein (your choice of what kind) i use vanilla
28 grams crushed peanuts
28 grams crushed almonds
64 grams peanut butter
40 grams flaxseed
42 grams agave
24 grams of tvp
52 grams of go lean cereal (a flavor you want to make)
52 grams of total cereal
80 grams of oat meal
1 cup of milk
and some fruit (strawberries, bananas, blue berries etc etc)

ok so how i like to do it is crush all my almonds, peanuts and cereal. put the peanuts and almonds to the side as these will be for the topping and the cereal will be in the mix. (i have this thing you can buy at walmart for like 20 bucks if that, its basically for chopping stuff, it has a lid you push down on a gratter like metal and smashes everything into pieces, i run all my peanuts, almonds, ceareal and fruit through this)

so now you have everything out, your peanuts and almonds to the side crushed and your cereal crushed. now just mix everything in a big bowl and keep mixing until its all good. then when its mixed i like to pour it into a glass pan (those glass ones for the ovens). spread it so it is even everywhere. now pour your peanuts and almonds on top and put shrink wrap over the top, place in the fridge for 3-4 hours (it will get pretty hard after a day or 2 but is good enough in 3-4 hours. i never tried to bake this but might try to see if it gets hard like a candy bar)

now pull it out and eat away! this stuff is great for inbetween meals and a quick way to hit some weight, i get a extra 1000+ calories and 100+ grams of protein along with a ton of vitamins, aminos, omega-3s and fiber off of 2 servings of this stuff.

any questions or maybe a new idea for this let me know. ALSO dont forget to let me know what you think of this!

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Just made some up using your measurements as a guide. These are the business bro!!! I just sampled some left over mixture in the bowl and cant wait for the mixture to become solid.

I needed a lot more milk then you used but i made mine with about 60 percent whey and 40 percent Casein. I used milled flax seed and added in a little herseys natural dark cocoa powder (i like the taste) and used Go Lean and Multi grain cheerios (just what i had in the cabinet) for cereal. I always threw in a little almond butter and put crushed walnuts on top.

Thanks Bro for the initial measurements!!

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I am guessing that the grams is weight, but is the protein the weight or actually grams of protein?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
lol, you basically answered your own question