My girlfriend wants to gain weight

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She's 5'2 100-103, muscular but very very low bf n small bones, super fast metabolism. She lifts with me and is pretty strong, but she really eats very little. We are health conscious so fried / junk food is out, so it's hard for me to suggest a) calorically dense foods b) foods she likes. She asked if there was any supplement she could take to increase her appetite / keep her from getting full easily. She takes a multi, has a protein shake from our gym almost daily, and I just got her gut health to help her digest and assimilate nutrients better. I cannot think of anything safe for a woman to take that won't affect any of her hormones. She is on birth control too for what it's worth. Any suggestions? I suggest trying GOMAD, PB sandwich before bed, typical bulking type shakes/meals. But she doesn't stick to eat bc her appetite just isn't there.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
She's 5'2 100-103, muscular but very very low bf n small bones, super fast metabolism. She lifts with me and is pretty strong, but she really eats very little. We are health conscious so fried / junk food is out, so it's hard for me to suggest a) calorically dense foods b) foods she likes. She asked if there was any supplement she could take to increase her appetite / keep her from getting full easily. She takes a multi, has a protein shake from our gym almost daily, and I just got her gut health to help her digest and assimilate nutrients better. I cannot think of anything safe for a woman to take that won't affect any of her hormones. She is on birth control too for what it's worth. Any suggestions? I suggest trying GOMAD, PB sandwich before bed, typical bulking type shakes/meals. But she doesn't stick to eat bc her appetite just isn't there.
Hey ched. If she wants to gain weight, she really just needs to "woman up" and eat. I wouldn't be looking to supplements for something as simple as that. After a week or so of increased calories, she probably wouldn't struggle with the extra intake. Additional healthy fats (like EVCO or EVOO) would probably be the easiest way to get her caloric intake up. Does she eat first thing in the morning? If not, I'd suggest starting early to allow her plenty of time to fit the calories in.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Easiest way to add healthy cals is take a few shots or olive oil yager bomb style throughout the day. A quick shot with a little water chaser is easy and doesn't effect appetite at all....imo?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
what is she eating now? I'm guessing some garbage

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey ched. If she wants to gain weight, she really just needs to "woman up" and eat. I wouldn't be looking to supplements for something as simple as that. After a week or so of increased calories, she probably wouldn't struggle with the extra intake. Additional healthy fats (like EVCO or EVOO) would probably be the easiest way to get her caloric intake up. Does she eat first thing in the morning? If not, I'd suggest starting early to allow her plenty of time to fit the calories in.
For sure. We use evoo and evco to cook, well have to find other ways to Incorporate it. She does eat breakfast sometimes yea. Plus eating earlier will probably increase appetite throughout the day. She works in a restaurant haha so she could eat whatever, yet she's on her feet all day.

Easiest way to add healthy cals is take a few shots or olive oil yager bomb style throughout the day. A quick shot with a little water chaser is easy and doesn't effect appetite at all....imo?
Ill suggest it. Ill try to record her response as well haha.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what is she eating now? I'm guessing some garbage
All clean foods, just not enough. Potatoes, rice, chicken, fish, some red meat, eggs, Greek yogurts and granola, almond milk, various veggies.. Just definitely not enough.. She could do IIFYM with whatever the hell she wants due to her bf% but she would still not hit her macros haha

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
All clean foods, just not enough. Potatoes, rice, chicken, fish, some red meat, eggs, Greek yogurts and granola, almond milk, various veggies.. Just definitely not enough.. She could do IIFYM with whatever the hell she wants due to her bf% but she would still not hit her macros haha
she measuring out all her amounts? jw cuz if you do an extra oz or a few extra g here and there.... it can snowball throughout the day.

I would probably just split the meals up even more, try 7-8 small meals. That should get her hungrier, but make sure the portions are significantly smaller. Than you can slowly add her back to 5-6 meals and up the food

cuz force feeding is bs

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Well Ill tell you one thing that doesnt work Black Hole is a waste of money

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
she measuring out all her amounts? jw cuz if you do an extra oz or a few extra g here and there.... it can snowball throughout the day. I would probably just split the meals up even more, try 7-8 small meals. That should get her hungrier, but make sure the portions are significantly smaller. Than you can slowly add her back to 5-6 meals and up the food cuz force feeding is bs
Even 6 meals can b a lot at first.. I had that problem..
But her body will adjust..
Make sure she gets no less than 50g of carbs for breaky, 25g protein, serving of good fat ...
Each meal has to have at least 25g protein.. before bed meal also a serving of good fat with it..Veggies with every , carbs with first 3, for sure
And a big a$$ cheat meal, once a week, lolz....
U do want her to gain lean muscle not fat, right?
Get that protein in her....:)

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Get anabolic cooking by Dave Ruel. Its an pdf cookbook for bodybuilders. Full of healthy and delicious foods for bulking and cutting. Makes cutting and bulking very easy (and tasty)

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
My wife wanted to bulk up to, she weighed under 100 pounds her entire life until after she birthed our little one. Then after the birth she went back under 100 and I guess hated the way she looked or whatever, so I just started having her eat what I'd been eating for years. If we went to Subway I'd have her get a foot long instead of a six inch, I'd let her munch on my bulk bags of almonds and walnuts, eat a protein bar or whatever, and drink some Protean shakes with me. The olive oil shot suggestion works too. She's already met her goal weight (110 with some decent abs) so it works, just prompt her to try and do what you do.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Nuts, oils(MCT, Coconut) I find are the easiest ways to add extra calories.

wrathman10

Awards
Nuts, oils(MCT, Coconut) I find are the easiest ways to add extra calories.
For coconut, which I have been using for a week. I find the taste of coconut lingers in red meat and chicken but not so much in turkey. So if your not a fan of coconut flavor beware. I'm not a fan but it's almost to much for me.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
For coconut, which I have been using for a week. I find the taste of coconut lingers in red meat and chicken but not so much in turkey. So if your not a fan of coconut flavor beware. I'm not a fan but it's almost to much for me.
You can get coconut oil that doesn't have a scent.