My finaflex Epi-V cycle. First time

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I agree with Al. Without your nutrition on lock you are just spinning wheels. Remeber supplements are exactly that...they fill in the gaps that our nutrition cannot provide. In the case of using Phs nutrition WILL make or break a cyle (I know from experience...we probably all do).

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Bigdaddy... First and foremost I need to say dieting is the hardest aspect of anyone's routine, minus those very lucky select few that are truly MESOMORPH's (put muscle on easy and keep fat off easy), both the ECTOMORPH's & ENDOMORPH's although polar opposites struggle with their diets to achieve their goals. OK, with that being said and completely agreeing with DW on diet being like 95% or more of how you look and what you can achieve with the exercise being done, all I can say is if it is not happening like it should, then it is 100% a problem in your diet somewhere. Remember, everyone is different, I have to clean my diet up so clean it is ridiculous in order to see the kind of results I want, but when I do, ask anyone here who knows me or has followed one of my Logs, what I can do is nothing short of Amazing and I promise you it is 95%+ all diet related! Diet is the key, there is no magic pills, there is no quick-fix, they only amplify/assist your efforts. Example, if you are giving it 100% they can help you achieve 110% results from 100% effort. In the big scheme of things that is amazing, but only if you are truly giving it 100%. Not trying to come down on you or act all high and mighty, believe me, I'm not, I definitely have my own pit-falls, just trying to emphasize the importance of proper diet and nutrition and ultimately help you learn what took me years to figure out!
I agree 100%. The hardest part for me is finding the right balance of carbs/protein to get results. Still a work in progress. I may create my own blog just to track and share my current diet/training methods. Supplements are never the complete answer, and I know how diet plays the most important role in your look. Just thought I would try something I havent tried before. Thanks guys!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree 100%. The hardest part for me is finding the right balance of carbs/protein to get results. Still a work in progress. I may create my own blog just to track and share my current diet/training methods. Supplements are never the complete answer, and I know how diet plays the most important role in your look. Just thought I would try something I havent tried before. Thanks guys!
BD... my dieting style is a LiL more old school vs. what DW and Green do with Lean Gains with IF, but I will share it with you because I was just like you, looking for the right fit and this helped me find the right fit for me. All proper diets are the exact same in one way and that is the macros have to be correct and the overall calories have to be correct, the rest is land-yap in my opinion unless one is truly in the very last stages/wks of a real pre-contest, ready to hit the stage style prep. Basic macros are 50% protein, 25% carbs, 25% fat, now after you have done this for a while you will find what you are more/less sensitive to, for example... I do best with around 55% protein, 25% fat, & 20% carbs, that is my magic number for right now and even that can change as my physique changes, as I age and my metabolism changes, etc. So be flexible and be willing to change. Next, find out what your resting metabolism is excluding your working out or cardio, once you have that info, lets just for easy math sakes say it is 2,000 cals. Then you want to find out (accurate guestimate, always round down) how many calories you are burning per day via workout &/or cardio, some days you may do only one, other days both and adjust your calories accordingly to always be in a 500calorie deficit in order to get leaner and a 500calorie surplus to gain mass, so if you are trying to lose weight and it is a workout day and you typically burn 500 cals per workout, then you eat all 2,000 cals, if it is an off day, then eat 1,500 cals, if it is a day where you do cardio and workout and both consume 500 cals each, then you eat 2,500 cals that day, pretty simple, don't over complicate it, keep it simple, but precise and measure things, schedule things, prepare in advanced, will help keep you from cheating or straying from the diet, etc.

Pit-Fall...
don't think about doing both (gaining mass and dropping fat), just concentrate on one or the other, trying to do both is advanced and you need to make sure you can accomplish both (individually) successfully before moving to the advanced stages of trying to do both at the same time, which is where supplements (PH's & fat-burners, etc.) are crucial!

Where my diet differs from DW & Greens is I do mine in 6 meals evenly spread out through out the day and they will get all their calories (perfect macros, same amount of calories) but in an 8hr window out of each 24hr day, the rest is exactly the same. The difference between our diets is more of a preference difference, not that one works better than the other. But, with that being said, if one is easier for you than the other, then it is your obvious choice, again keep it simple, don't over-complicate your diet any more than necessary. For me, the 6 small meals lowers my appetite, makes me never feel bloated, I feel lighter and faster and like eating often, so it is easier for me. DW & Green, they prefer eating larger portions within their 8hr window, maybe it works better for them due to their work-schedule and timing through out the day, whatever their reason, they have found what works best for them and I only advise you do the same.

In short, before I come across as too preachy, if the Cals are on target and the macros are on target it has to work, no differently than math... 2+2 will always = 4. Oh and one last thing... 99.9999999999999 infinity % of the time when someone says their diet is on target, but they just can't seem to lose fat, whether they realize it or not, there is a problem in their diet somewhere, somehow!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah Al still does it the hard way... :)

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
BD... my dieting style is a LiL more old school vs. what DW and Green do with Lean Gains with IF, but I will share it with you because I was just like you, looking for the right fit and this helped me find the right fit for me. All proper diets are the exact same in one way and that is the macros have to be correct and the overall calories have to be correct, the rest is land-yap in my opinion unless one is truly in the very last stages/wks of a real pre-contest, ready to hit the stage style prep. Basic macros are 50% protein, 25% carbs, 25% fat, now after you have done this for a while you will find what you are more/less sensitive to, for example... I do best with around 55% protein, 25% fat, & 20% carbs, that is my magic number for right now and even that can change as my physique changes, as I age and my metabolism changes, etc. So be flexible and be willing to change. Next, find out what your resting metabolism is excluding your working out or cardio, once you have that info, lets just for easy math sakes say it is 2,000 cals. Then you want to find out (accurate guestimate, always round down) how many calories you are burning per day via workout &/or cardio, some days you may do only one, other days both and adjust your calories accordingly to always be in a 500calorie deficit in order to get leaner and a 500calorie surplus to gain mass, so if you are trying to lose weight and it is a workout day and you typically burn 500 cals per workout, then you eat all 2,000 cals, if it is an off day, then eat 1,500 cals, if it is a day where you do cardio and workout and both consume 500 cals each, then you eat 2,500 cals that day, pretty simple, don't over complicate it, keep it simple, but precise and measure things, schedule things, prepare in advanced, will help keep you from cheating or straying from the diet, etc.

Pit-Fall...
don't think about doing both (gaining mass and dropping fat), just concentrate on one or the other, trying to do both is advanced and you need to make sure you can accomplish both (individually) successfully before moving to the advanced stages of trying to do both at the same time, which is where supplements (PH's & fat-burners, etc.) are crucial!

Where my diet differs from DW & Greens is I do mine in 6 meals evenly spread out through out the day and they will get all their calories (perfect macros, same amount of calories) but in an 8hr window out of each 24hr day, the rest is exactly the same. The difference between our diets is more of a preference difference, not that one works better than the other. But, with that being said, if one is easier for you than the other, then it is your obvious choice, again keep it simple, don't over-complicate your diet any more than necessary. For me, the 6 small meals lowers my appetite, makes me never feel bloated, I feel lighter and faster and like eating often, so it is easier for me. DW & Green, they prefer eating larger portions within their 8hr window, maybe it works better for them due to their work-schedule and timing through out the day, whatever their reason, they have found what works best for them and I only advise you do the same.

In short, before I come across as too preachy, if the Cals are on target and the macros are on target it has to work, no differently than math... 2+2 will always = 4. Oh and one last thing... 99.9999999999999 infinity % of the time when someone says their diet is on target, but they just can't seem to lose fat, whether they realize it or not, there is a problem in their diet somewhere, somehow!
Thanks for the info man! I really appreciate it! I am going to sit down this weekend and pick my diet apart and properly calculate my macros. I have a diet that a trainer wrote for me based off of a 35/45/20 split (Protein/carbs/fats) that I started back on this week and dropped 2 lbs. It worked pretty well, but with my new work schedule some adustments will need to be made to better fit my schedule. For instance, I lift at 5:30 am, and eating egg whites and oatmeal prior is pretty difficult unless I get up at 4 am...and I have a 1 yr old....sooooooo...LOL! But be on the look out for my forum post! Right now I am actually only taking glycoject (post workout carbs), protein (ON 100% Whey), Animal Pak vitamins and fish oil. Just the basics. Giving my system the month of september off and see how my body reacts with no fat burners, creatine, PH's, etc...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Pit-Fall...don't think about doing both (gaining mass and dropping fat), just concentrate on one or the other, trying to do both is advanced and you need to make sure you can accomplish both (individually) successfully before moving to the advanced stages of trying to do both at the same time, which is where supplements (PH's & fat-burners, etc.) are crucial!

Great explanation.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rush954

Rush954

Awards
So as I'm coming close to the end of my cycle I'm starting to think if I should add ten more days.
I have been keeping up with all my diet and exercise and been extremely busy. I haven't been able to log on the daily but promise to update tomorrow and get up to date. I have been taking pics and this is one of them. I'm going to try and post side by sides when I catch up with logging.

image-3555620721.jpg

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
image-3524053738.jpg

This was at day 1

image-3482529850.jpg

This is today. Its obvious just in this photo. I'm going to post side by sides of all my original photos on here. Once again my lighting sucks so I'm trying to get some higher quality shots in.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Nice progress bro, definitely more lean!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whoa you look bigger and leaner.. I am actually a little surprised at the size gain, but hey I guess there is no complaint there. I know it makes you harder and cuts you up but the gains are not what I would normally expect not as much as you have gained anyway...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I definitely see a big difference.
That routine looks killer. I usually try a upper & lower split with 5 sets & 20-25 reps doing 1 or 2 exercises & 4 muscle groups a day. Sounds weird I know.
You liking this routine?

OP, 954 you from Florida?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Rush954

Rush954

Awards
I definitely see a big difference.
That routine looks killer. I usually try a upper & lower split with 5 sets & 20-25 reps doing 1 or 2 exercises & 4 muscle groups a day. Sounds weird I know.
You liking this routine?

OP, 954 you from Florida?
Yes I live in S.Fl and am loving it.
The routine I'm using is excellent. It's the D.T.P. program from Kris Gethen. I love to work multiple muscle groups it pushes to the next level. I've noticed I am a lot stronger than I thought. This product is excellent. I even want to add another ten days.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yes I live in S.Fl and am loving it.
The routine I'm using is excellent. It's the D.T.P. program from Kris Gethen. I love to work multiple muscle groups it pushes to the next level. I've noticed I am a lot stronger than I thought. This product is excellent. I even want to add another ten days.
Good deal.
The DTP program does look intense.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Whoa you look bigger and leaner.. I am actually a little surprised at the size gain, but hey I guess there is no complaint there. I know it makes you harder and cuts you up but the gains are not what I would normally expect not as much as you have gained anyway...
Thanks a lot. I would still like to cut some more. The Epi-V is a great product. I'm already thinking of what would be my next product to try from finaflex. I was extremely surprised on the effectiveness and had no issues.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Nice progress bro, definitely more lean!
It is motivating to see your log. Your food and exercise plans are on point. Your log helped me to keep at it. I have a few days left. I will keep up with your log.

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
How do you like the DTP training? Thinking about trying it out.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Cool. I read it wasn't a good workout if your trying to cut. True or false? I say false just by looking Rush's results!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cool. I read it wasn't a good workout if your trying to cut. True or false? I say false just by looking Rush's results!
Does it provide a cardio burn that can help burn excess calories? Yes. The cool thing about the routine is that it seems to help w/strength and produce a cardio effect. I plan on trying it more often in the future.

The main thing to lose weight/body fat is all about diet. A lot of people can do it with diet w/o cardio. I was always told to lift the same as I did wether taking in excess cals or cutting back on cals. It also depends on where u are @ in the sport. If you don't have a lot of muscle eating properly and still lifting heavily I think would be a better benefit. Experimenting around to see what works best for you is the best bet though in my honest opinion.

Bottom line is some people prefer to burn cals via cardio, others prefer to do no cardio and watch what they eat a bit closer. :)

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
I personally followed the D.T.P. to the tee. It calls for cardio on non-workout days. It was excellent for my cutting phase. I have to say diet was the key to accomplish goals.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I personally followed the D.T.P. to the tee. It calls for cardio on non-workout days. It was excellent for my cutting phase. I have to say diet was the key to accomplish goals.
Nice bro, you have discovered the secret/ holy grail to getting cut...NUTRITION!!! The Epi-V definitely helps, but to win the war
you have to eat right. Well done sir.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice bro, you have discovered the secret/ holy grail to getting cut...NUTRITION!!! The Epi-V definitely helps, but to win the war
you have to eat right. Well done sir.
Nutrition makes me lean

Nutrition + Epi-v make me leaer, drier and harder

Just Epi-v without nutrition is a waste of time and money...like all things..

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
DreamWeaver you mentioned Intermittent Fasting. Do you have a blog up about it and your results?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Checking in on ya bro, hope your cycle is going smooth!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Updates?

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Everything went great. Have to upload final pics and stats. PCT is going great. Still feeling a increase in strength. I'm hoping its just me getting stronger. Most definitely leaner an stronger though. I love the pure test. It's going to be a keeper from now on. Wish I could've went for longer on cycle. Even though still making gains in PCT. already planning for next go around. End stats so far
Weight 195
Bf 10-12%
Current PCT includes 6 pure test
2 PCT black nightly

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
I should've went for an 8 week cycle. It was my first trying any product so I was extremely happy with results. I will log my next one and it will be with a finaflex product for sure. Any suggestions as to which one.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I should've went for an 8 week cycle. It was my first trying any product so I was extremely happy with results. I will log my next one and it will be with a finaflex product for sure. Any suggestions as to which one.
Next time...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd say that depends on if your goals are the exact same of if they have changed... If still trying to cut up I say stack 550-XD with EPI-V. If trying to bulk up, I say stack 1-ALPHA with 550-XD. I will be happy to give more cycle advice and dosage once you decide what your immediate goals are.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Glad you liked the Epi-V bro. IMO I would go with 550-XD it's fantastic for a re-comp. of course as Doc said it depends on your goals.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the way to get shredded, get down to about 10% body fat before you start your cycle then 4 weeks of 550 at 3 to 4 a day then 4 weeks of Epi-v at 4 ed and provided your diet is good then you should be able to hit around 5%, be lean, dry and hard... Body type is a big factor on where you should focus as well. As an easy gainer most of my focus goes to staying lean straight bulking is usually a very bad idea for me. You have to figute out who you are.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
I'm definitely going to keep you guys posted on what I choose to go with. Definitely a finaflex product. I know you guys will steer me right.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
how would you run the alpha /550 cycle doc? i am looking to do this next time.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We are experineced users so I bet Al has something pretty wild in mind. I am going to do an overlap bridge with 1-alpha/550/epi-v that will last 16 weeks but don't mimic me unless you have a few cycles under your belt .. It will go like this 1-8 1-alpha 5-12 550 then 9-16 Epi-v... madness I know...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I were you, I would run 8wks of 1-ALPHA + 550-XD at a lower dose over a longer period of time, vs. taking more of it for a shorter period of time. I would take 1 1-ALPHA and 1 550-XD twice per day (so one of each cap in the am and 1 of each cap in the pm, roughly 12hrs apart) and I would run that for 8wks, I would also include 1 cap of PCT every evening during your cycle for intra-cycle support and up that dose to 2 caps/night at the end of your cycle as post cycle therapy and I would also add 6 caps of PURE TEST per night to your post cycle therapy to ensure you retain all those hard earned muscle and strength gains. I think that pretty much covers everything, chime in if I missed anything Doug?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
i knew you were the man dude. on another note i have been researching mechabol any info on it?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I were you, I would run 8wks of 1-ALPHA + 550-XD at a lower dose over a longer period of time, vs. taking more of it for a shorter period of time. I would take 1 1-ALPHA and 1 550-XD twice per day (so one of each cap in the am and 1 of each cap in the pm, roughly 12hrs apart) and I would run that for 8wks, I would also include 1 cap of PCT every evening during your cycle for intra-cycle support and up that dose to 2 caps/night at the end of your cycle as post cycle therapy and I would also add 6 caps of PURE TEST per night to your post cycle therapy to ensure you retain all those hard earned muscle and strength gains. I think that pretty much covers everything, chime in if I missed anything Doug?
The basics are all there, I like to get a nice dose of Crea-trona during PCT, reason being you really need to hold the line during recovery and you might need an extra boost to do that. The first week there will be residual from the cycle so by the second week the crea-trona should have kicked in.

Now Al that's what he should be what are you going to do ... and when :) We need to share some notes maybe in the breaking news thread. I haven't decided on dosing yet but I am going to go whole hog :) I just don't know how big the pig is yet...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The basics are all there, I like to get a nice dose of Crea-trona during PCT, reason being you really need to hold the line during recovery and you might need an extra boost to do that. The first week there will be residual from the cycle so by the second week the crea-trona should have kicked in.

Now Al that's what he should be what are you going to do ... and when :) We need to share some notes maybe in the breaking news thread. I haven't decided on dosing yet but I am going to go whole hog :) I just don't know how big the pig is yet...
Chefbo... Doug is right, adding CREATRONA to your PCT will also help you gain additional good lean quality muscle on top of the fact that you will be retaining what you have already gained... Doug... "You.... You got a gift you!!!"

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:006:

Keldon1983

Awards
starting my own

I just started my own cycle this is my 2nd time cycling first time i did it was AndroMass for 60days. Gained about 15Lb lean muscle after i cut. I am looking to cycle again heard a lot of good thing about finaflex i just started my bottle of 550XD black, but i was reading on your other post that if i want to get more str and mass i should stack it with andro-1? Would it be to late now or can i just get the bottle and increase my andro-1 for an extra week so i can finish both bottles?

PCT pure test & Rev black. Should i start my PCT at the 2nd of my cycle or on my 8th week start my pct until bottles gone?

Thanks

-John.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started my own cycle this is my 2nd time cycling first time i did it was AndroMass for 60days. Gained about 15Lb lean muscle after i cut. I am looking to cycle again heard a lot of good thing about finaflex i just started my bottle of 550XD black, but i was reading on your other post that if i want to get more str and mass i should stack it with andro-1? Would it be to late now or can i just get the bottle and increase my andro-1 for an extra week so i can finish both bottles?

PCT pure test & Rev black. Should i start my PCT at the 2nd of my cycle or on my 8th week start my pct until bottles gone?

Thanks

-John.
For straight mass I would use 1-alpha or 1-andro at 4 ed for you... six weeks.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Important Request:
To anybody and everybody who has run our products this is an adamant request that you go and review them on the AM reviews section. Just select Reviews and do a search for the product and add in your 2 cents. Honest reviews, we are not looking for props, just what we deserve.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
man i got stung on some stuff a buddy gave me . foolish me. it was a blend and my back is killing me. gonna try to detox it and start with what i know in december finaflex!!!!! they provide no bulshi$ quality gains and cutting with no sides i have found so far. keeping my a33 in check from now on. great eal at nutra on the 1 alpha and creatona so it is on for that. i'll pick up some 550 too to cover the bridge.