Multivitamin and supplements on Clomid

cigpk

Awards
I want to optimize my supplementation while on Clomid. I'm 27, currently on just 12.5 mg clomid EOD and have been on clomid for about 8 months; my supplements are only as follows:

-Orange triad multivitamin
-fish oil
-L-arginine, sometimes with pycnogenol thrown in
-b complex
-magnesium at night
-curcumin/turmeric occasionally for joint pain flare ups

I need a new multivitamin first and foremost. Orange triad is great, but it wrecks my stomach, causing bad bloating and stomach pains all day long. I even halved the dosage and split it up with meals, still not helping. I bought RAW ONE for men but noticed it doesn't have iodine in it which worries me...

I want to avoid a multivitamin like Animal Pak that has insane amounts of B6 - I'd like to keep that under 30 -50 mg/day if possible because I'm prone to nerve problems with high B6 doses. I would like to keep zinc around 15 mg if possible, i am prone to low e2 problems (joint pain especially)

I have a few Q's though... what should I be looking for in my multivitamin? I want something specifically geared toward very active men.

Should I be avoiding saw palmetto? what about these vitamins with things like ginseng, ginkgo, other male performance add-ons?

I do like the way NOW ADAM multi looks but concerned over what I've heard about saw palmetto causing sexual dysfunction issues.

What do yall think?

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
First off Zinc is a very very mild aromatase inhibitor so I wouldn't worry about bumping up the dosage to 30-45mgs.

MVP/ZMK stack...no question. (Co-enzyme B's and methyl-folate instead of folic acid)

I don't go a day without these two, they're pretty much vital to me along with Athlytes. I'll add 2k-5k I.U.'s of D3 since the winter months are coming and I'm here in Northern CA.

Not to get to personal but are you taking clomid for PCT reasong or infertility issues?

cigpk

Awards
Yeah I’m probably a little paranoid about my e2 levels just because it took so long to get them stable.

I was on injections, hcg and arimidex for about two years, t levels jumped to over 1300 on 40 Mg twice a week. Doc became convinced I didn’t need it so she switched me to Clomid which I took 25 mg eod for about 4 months then dropped to 12.5 eod and dropped arimidex. I feel pretty good on this so far

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just because you are taken a supplement does not mean it’s being absorbed or utilized by the body.

I always test doctor’s patient for all RBC minerals and check for functional deficiencies through Great Plains Organic acid testing

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I’m probably a little paranoid about my e2 levels just because it took so long to get them stable.

I was on injections, hcg and arimidex for about two years, t levels jumped to over 1300 on 40 Mg twice a week. Doc became convinced I didn’t need it so she switched me to Clomid which I took 25 mg eod for about 4 months then dropped to 12.5 eod and dropped arimidex. I feel pretty good on this so far
What’s your test levels with 12.5 eod?

cigpk

Awards
Don’t know yet - actually having a full hormone panel done on Friday so I’ll know where I’m at. But I feel better on 12.5 Clomid eod than I did on 25 Clomid eod + arimidex

Although, One thing that has plagued me since coming off injections is this damn joint pain and tendinitis. Won’t seem to go away but has gotten better since I quit arimidex