choosing the best premium multivitamin

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

after some research, I managed to narrow down the options to the list below. My aim is to get a multi which covers the basics, without a lot of "exotic" stuff, not necessarily targeted to body building but for overall energy and well-being.

Which is the best in your opinion/experience? Is there anything missing?

Thanks a lot!

1. AOR Ortho Core, this seems to be the best multi, however it's expensive. I was thinking that maybe I could try a 3 caps dosage, instead of the full 6 caps?
  2. Thorne 2/day, maybe a little high on B vitamins
  3. Now Foods Adam, good ingredients profile for men, dosage and price, however I don't like folic acid
  4. Naturelo, whole foods based, both the 4 caps and 1 cap versions seem great
  5. Garden of Life Mykind Organics, whole foods based
  6. Rainbow Light Men's One
  7. Orange triad, I've seen many rave reviews about this, however I'm wondering if it could be taken 4 caps instead of 6

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You have some good options on that list. Personally, I have only used Orange Triad and I think it is good and hard to beat. I see now reason you can't take 2/3 of the dose - you will just be getting a lower dose. I believe the label recommends 1/2 dosing to women.

I honestly don't use many multi-vitamins anymore. I probably could, just for some of the cover-your-bases things I may be missing but I buy a KG of Vitamin C for $30 and use 6 grams a day, get a bottle of 10,000 iu Vitamin D (400 pills) for $15, and a bottle of Jarrow Methyl-B Complex for about $12/100 pills, and throw in a bottle of Vitamin K for $20. Overall, it probably costs me $180/year for all of it and I get the specific vitamins I'm looking for and big doses of the ones I want to mega dose.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
10 years ago, animal pak was all the rage 🤣
I went thru a couple tubs of that, til I realized it was overkill!

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
A multivitamin doesn't really need to be a chore to pick out. I use NOW Adam after my hunt for my previous multivitamin, SAN Dr Feelgood was discontinued. It works good for what it's for. Vitamins and minerals are just catalysts that help digest food, add additional ingredients that you might be missing in your diet and stuff like that. I remember trying Animal Pak too and taking all those pills was an absolute nightmare.

There are TONS of multis out there that claim they can do everything under the sun, but you have to look at the ingredient profile and see if the amount of the ingredients do what they actually claim. If it's a proprietary blend, stay far far away.

In addition to NOW Adam, I also take NOW Ultra Omega 3 and NOW Prostate Health because I'm almost 40 and I'm trying to keep my prostate in healthy condition, and it can also help preserve your hairline by reducing DHT.

NOW Foods is my most trusted supplement company because they have what they say on the label and test all batches to make sure they're legit.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A multivitamin doesn't really need to be a chore to pick out. I use NOW Adam after my hunt for my previous multivitamin, SAN Dr Feelgood was discontinued. It works good for what it's for. Vitamins and minerals are just catalysts that help digest food, add additional ingredients that you might be missing in your diet and stuff like that. I remember trying Animal Pak too and taking all those pills was an absolute nightmare.

There are TONS of multis out there that claim they can do everything under the sun, but you have to look at the ingredient profile and see if the amount of the ingredients do what they actually claim. If it's a proprietary blend, stay far far away.

In addition to NOW Adam, I also take NOW Ultra Omega 3 and NOW Prostate Health because I'm almost 40 and I'm trying to keep my prostate in healthy condition, and it can also help preserve your hairline by reducing DHT.

NOW Foods is my most trusted supplement company because they have what they say on the label and test all batches to make sure they're legit.

thanks man, Now Foods is great IMO, and Now Adams seems very interesting - I think I'll try it.

That being said, during my research I've stumbled upon Emerald Labs

• full spectrum carotenoids, tocopherols and tocotrienols
  • methylcobalamin (instead of cyanocobalamin) for B12
  • folate (instead of folic acid)
  • K1 and K2 (both MK4 and MK7, I think I've never seen a multi with both types, in addition they are non-soy derived)
  • no additives
  • not a lot of other "exotic or kitchen-sink" blends (Emerald has only a whole food blend - for what is worth). Actually, I'm not an fan of blends because I'm already taking adaptogens and amino acids separately
From an ingredients/formulation point of view it seems great, at least for people like me that want to cover the basics and don't want a lot of extras.

What to you think man?
thanks