Mountainman gets Mountain sized w/ MAXBULK (sponsered)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ordered some Joint Fixx from NP and it came in last night. Took my first dose this morning. We'll see how that goes since it's a different form of joint help than I've used in the past/been using.

Did a plyo workout last night in my gym, but even with my heaters going it still dropped down to 18 degrees inside since the wind was howling adnd we hit -8. Had to cut things short, but I managed to at least get a little shakey leg syndrome going. If I can get my heaters going early enough and temp doesn't drop too much it'll be chest and traps tonight. I just went back through this log and confirmed that tonight will be 12 days straight. But I don't want to back off until I finish up my Max-Bulk. Only a few more days left and I want to try and get every ounce out of it. :rambo:

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn dude your really digging. I think your doing an excellent job! Your wife will be tripp'n... Lol.. & test driving your new bod when she gets home.

The only joint support I take is in my orange triad.
Nothing is ever really noticeable to me & I got some f'd up joints.

Since I was sick my workouts haven't been the best & yesterday was kinda light so... I'm gonna do chest and traps with you tonight :)
You getting any sunshine over there?

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Orange triad is a great product with a good joint formula, it does the trick.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Orange triad is a great product with a good joint formula, it does the trick.
Cool dude. I still haven't even been taking them for 30 days yet. Let you know after the bottle is gone.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn dude your really digging. I think your doing an excellent job! Your wife will be tripp'n... Lol.. & test driving your new bod when she gets home.
Yeah, I wish. She'll be getting a visit from Aunt Flo when she comes back. Timing is everything right?

You getting any sunshine over there?
Sunshine? Yes
Cold a$$ weather? YES Depending on which thermometer you looked at it was anywhere between -5 and -10 last night. My wife text me that they did PT outside this morning at Camp Parks at 6:00 a.m. and it was already 54 degrees. I told her I'm pretty sure this polar vortex is scheduled to last until May.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That damn Aunt Flo is a **** block.

"When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead"
Lol JK.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cool dude. I still haven't even been taking them for 30 days yet. Let you know after the bottle is gone.
I missed what you're taking, unless it's the OT Pete mentioned, but Glucosamine & Chondroiton make a HUGE difference for me. It's in OT & a lot of joint support products. But be patient - it takes a good 2 wks to "kick in". Cissus is great too, & works immediately, but as soon as you discontinue it it stops working. Gluco/Chon is more of a rebuilder; Cissus is more of an anti-inflammatory & has a host of other metabolic/wellness benefits (apparently). I like em both, but G/C is a staple year round for me with all the powerlifting.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I missed what you're taking, unless it's the OT Pete mentioned, but Glucosamine & Chondroiton make a HUGE difference for me. It's in OT & a lot of joint support products. But be patient - it takes a good 2 wks to "kick in". Cissus is great too, & works immediately, but as soon as you discontinue it it stops working. Gluco/Chon is more of a rebuilder; Cissus is more of an anti-inflammatory & has a host of other metabolic/wellness benefits (apparently). I like em both, but G/C is a staple year round for me with all the powerlifting.
Just got AMS Joint Fixx. I've been using gluco/chon w/ msm for just about a month now, cissus for 2 months. My elbow has seen improvement, but the joint fixx is more for my patellar tendonitis. With tournament season just around the corner I would love to not have achey, painful knees every single day in the summer like I did last year.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got AMS Joint Fixx. I've been using gluco/chon w/ msm for just about a month now, cissus for 2 months. My elbow has seen improvement, but the joint fixx is more for my patellar tendonitis. With tournament season just around the corner I would love to not have achey, painful knees every single day in the summer like I did last year.
See, that's why I look forward to winter here in So. Cal. The cold makes my knees feel so good.
Summer here, on average lately is like 100's+ & my knee gets loose & pops out. We'll see how the OT works it's my 1st bottle.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
See, that's why I look forward to winter here in So. Cal. The cold makes my knees feel so good.
Summer here, on average lately is like 100's+ & my knee gets loose & pops out. We'll see how the OT works it's my 1st bottle.
The ridiculous temperature changes here make my knees ache in good fashion. We literally have 40 - 50 degree swings here 3 out of 4 seasons. Sucks.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice new avi Bones!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chest and Traps

Going for sheer volume and hypertrophy with my last few days of Max-Bulk. Saturday is my last dose.

DB Flat BP / BB Bent Over Rows, Overhand - 30 seconds rest between sets
70's x 12 / 135 x 15
80's x 10 / 135 x 14
80's x 9 / 135 x 12
80's x 8 / 135 x 10
80's x 6 / 135 x 8

With the short rest period my strength/reps dropped quickly. That's ok though, my chest and traps were on fire and pumped up like ballons.

TRX Flys / Reverse Fly Drop Sets
BW x 6 / 25's x 6, 10's x 6
BW x 6 / 25's x 5, 10's x 5
BW x 6 / 25's x 4, 10's x 5

Those friggin' TRX flys never fail to humble me. They are so GOD DAM HARD!

Incline Smith Machine BP / BB Bent Over Rows, Overhand....again
95 x 15 / 135 x 10
95 x 13 / 135 x 9

I wasn't feeling the Smith Machine presses as much so I switched to DB presses

Incline DB Press / BB Bent Over Rows, Overhand....again
60's x 10 / 135 x 9
60's x 8 / 135 x 8, (cheated a little for last 2 reps)

Burn out:
Pec Deck / Suitcase Rows, No Rest
*40* x 8 / 60's x 10
*40* x 7 / 60's x 10
*30* x 8 / 60's x 10

Since I wasn't able to get in any cardio ealier in the day I went inside and cycled through sets of mountian climber push ups and reverse flys with 10 lb. dumbbells. After 6 cycles I was cooked and sweating my butt off again. No weights today, but I will try and get in some LISS or MISS tonight. Practice starts up again tomorrow night so I want to try and make sure I'm semi fresh for that.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh... Great workout Mountian! Nicely done. I love the different things you allways throw in there like TRX flys. I'll be looking those up now, I looked up burpees from your last workout. Yeah , they suck.
And I was gonna throw in some delts last night too .. Lol... But I was burnt & it was late. Keep kill'n bro.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh... Great workout Mountian! Nicely done. I love the different things you allways throw in there like TRX flys. I'll be looking those up now, I looked up burpees from your last workout. Yeah , they suck.
And I was gonna throw in some delts last night too .. Lol... But I was burnt & it was late. Keep kill'n bro.
Thanks Bones.

The TRX stuff (and this is kind of a fitness dirty little secret) is just truck straps with D handles from ebay. I hang them off of my Smith machine. You can do the same with your new rack. You just need to make sure it's weighted down otherwise you may have a horizantal power rack instead of vertical. :surprised:

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kinda sucks this cycle is coming to a close :(
I know. But I've got a sick pct ready to go. Yaaaaay NP New Year's Day Sale!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So had some crazy few days, haven't been able to log. But yesterday was my last dose of Max-Bulk and as I was putting the bottle in the recycling bin I was playing Taps on my phone. My daughter thought it was pretty funny, but any adult who witnessed my impromptu funeral would have thought there was something wrong with me.

I was 208 this morning, as I was yesterday morning as well. So overall 5 lbs. of LBM I'm pretty happy with. It may be more since I did seem to lose some BF, but I'm going based off of the scale. My strength went up in all my major lifts with PRs left and right, my workout endurance went through the roof, and I had no sides what so ever. Dosing was very easy, and no funny tasting burps like I've had with other supps. I do have a proper PCT starting today and I'll run it straight through, but honestly, I'm not even sure I need it. I had no feeling of being shut down. My libido never dropped, and I never lost any "functions".

Thank you again to AndroFactoy and the guys, and anyone who followed me along on this journey. This was a lot of fun and well absolutely be getting Max-Bulk for my next bulking cycle.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Killer log! Good review, do you have a log going or are you starting another?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killer log! Good review, do you have a log going or are you starting another?
During my pct I'm running a bunch is stuff along with my serm and I've been on the fence if I want to log it. If I do I'll pm you, or post the link here.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
During my pct I'm running a bunch is stuff along with my serm and I've been on the fence if I want to log it. If I do I'll pm you, or post the link here.
Hell ya log it! I saw the list of supps, looks great

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. I certainly enjoyed it. And I'm thinking I may start a log for my pct. It's a butt loss of stuff I'll be taking, so should be interesting.