Mono cause of low testosterone?

Towerdog

Awards
Hello all I'm a 42 yr old with 20yrs lifting experience and 4 yrs as a competitive PL and went to an appointment with my doctor today after reading about some of the complaints board members have had who are in the same age group, i.e. Low sex drive, lack of energy, moodiness and loss of that feeling I used to experience after a hard squat or DL session. I figured I might as well see if I was test or throid deficient. Wasn't expecting it but my doc decided to run a testosterone, and thyroid panel on me after looking at my blood work from last year. The titer test on my blood from last year was positive for mono which as he explained it could be the cause of my symptoms. Needless to say I was shocked by his assessment as I worked in the medical field for 14 yrs in the AF and thought he would give me some antidepressant like most docs. Anyhow his explanation was that the virus remains forever and when it can't make you sick it 'attacks' the pituitary and throid glands and can attribute to my symptoms . Sorry for the long preamble but had anyone been given this same preliminary diagnosis and been given the workup by your doc? If so was there a correlation?

Randallk21

Awards
Hello all I'm a 42 yr old with 20yrs lifting experience and 4 yrs as a competitive PL and went to an appointment with my doctor today after reading about some of the complaints board members have had who are in the same age group, i.e. Low sex drive, lack of energy, moodiness and loss of that feeling I used to experience after a hard squat or DL session. I figured I might as well see if I was test or throid deficient. Wasn't expecting it but my doc decided to run a testosterone, and thyroid panel on me after looking at my blood work from last year. The titer test on my blood from last year was positive for mono which as he explained it could be the cause of my symptoms. Needless to say I was shocked by his assessment as I worked in the medical field for 14 yrs in the AF and thought he would give me some antidepressant like most docs. Anyhow his explanation was that the virus remains forever and when it can't make you sick it 'attacks' the pituitary and throid glands and can attribute to my symptoms . Sorry for the long preamble but had anyone been given this same preliminary diagnosis and been given the workup by your doc? If so was there a correlation?
My doctors never said that was the primary cause of my low hormones, but I never felt the same after catching it. It was day and night difference in libido, energy, and sense of well being; before and after having it. After being diagnosed with it for a year and still coming up with test levels of 300, I finally went on trt (at 21 yrs old). It really Messed with me.