Milk Thistle Question...

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting ready to run a SD/Epi cycle tomorrow (not sure if I'll log it or not) and have a question about measuring out some of my bulk milk thistle that I have.

I ordered some milk thistle powder from NP and there is no scoop in the container. I also ordered some taurine and there IS a scoop in there I'm just wondering can use to measure out a serving size. It says a serving is 200mg but thats it. Maybe I should try the scoop from the taurine?

*Also, I have loaded up on my support supps (AI Cycle Support). I'm just trying to measure this out for other stuff in the future. (not trying to be a **** by saying that just trying to get the main question answered)

thx for any help guys.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
the outside of almost all np bulk products has the amount of product for a 1/4 teaspoon so it the size was (as an example) 400mg to 1/4 teaspoon, you would dose an 8th teaspon to get the 200 mgs you want.

if you are already taking cycle support though why are you taking extra milk thistle? there is a decent dose of it in there...?

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
^^yea I've ordered bulk from them before but this doesn't have any dosing measurements on the label anywhere (weird).

I'm just measuring stuff out to make support supp. caps for myself for future cycles, not this one.

thx for the help.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
sorry bro. you could always pm steveoph and he would get you the 1/4 teaspon dose.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
I use digital postage scales to weigh out any powder that I have. If it works for the coke heads it should work for the gear heads as well!!!

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
^^ haha true. yea it I just went with the first suggestion. thx for the replys tho.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
run the thistle after the cycle is done. specially with an epi cycle. thistle breaks down the compounds in your stomach faster and makes them less effective.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
I heard that it could inhibit absorbtion, but that the verdict was still up in the air on that subject, but never heard that it actually broke the compounds down in your stomach. what are you basing this statement on?

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
I misworded it when I said stomach. Your liver breaks the compound down faster. giving the compound less circulatory time. look it up through google. theres alot of research on it.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
run the thistle after the cycle is done. specially with an epi cycle. thistle breaks down the compounds in your stomach faster and makes them less effective.
really? my cycle support (AI) has a good amount of MT in it. So what should I take? what about the other stuff in the cycle support? the HB and Saw Palmetto etc are still ok aren't they?

**EDIT: googling away.

meathed

meathed

Awards
I misworded it when I said stomach. Your liver breaks the compound down faster. giving the compound less circulatory time. look it up through google. theres alot of research on it.
I went through 10p in google keywords: Epistane and milk thistle; Epistane and Silymarin. I didn't find any contraindications.

Could you post a link? Thx

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
yeah meathed. im off to work but ill see what i can bring up and send a link your way.

n8te. the hawthorn berry, celery seed extract, all that stuff is fine. its for cardiovascular health and all that good stuff. the only thing ive ever heard that hinders absorption is milk thistle. id run no support during the cycle and run the cycle assist and liver support in your pct. liver damage is over rated. trust me. all will heal during pct if you just run your supports than.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
with milkthistle I'd run it after the cycle anyway. Your liver is going to survive its encounter with SD no problem... So post cycle you'll help heal it up.

I have seen a lot of controversy on the effects of milk thistle during the oral cycle. I avoid it all by just not using milk thistle, lol. I've never noticed any differences with or without it so to me it's all moot.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
I agree completely with unreal. If I am taking stupid doseages (which i usally do) of methalated compounds, and am worried about my liver I use NAC, which does not hinder uptake. travis, that is what i knew, was just wondering if you were confused or if that was new info. to simplify things, on really high doseages of methcompounds, ill runn my support supps like this

during:
NAC
saw palmetto
celery seed
RYE
omegas

after:
omegas
saw palmetto
milk thistle

But to be honest, I rarely ever use any supp sups.

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
Wow, thats new to me. I use MT as a daily supp.

So don't use it during cycle? Iv'e gotta check into this further.

fellowmike

fellowmike

Awards
you need at least 1000mg of milk thistle honestly. take my adivce unles our liver is a super fast metabolizer. take both on and off cycle.