Milk Thistle Question

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
I am going to be running a Stanzabolin(Orastan-E clone)cycle,and would be taking milk thistle while im running the Stanz,but the PCT i will be taking has Milk Thistle in it,so im not sure how that would work out,any suggestions?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Based on the supplements I have seen geared towards liver support, aim for 1g to 1.2g (standardized at 80%) total milk thistle per day.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am going to be running a Stanzabolin(Orastan-E clone)cycle,and would be taking milk thistle while im running the Stanz,but the PCT i will be taking has Milk Thistle in it,so im not sure how that would work out,any suggestions?
You're fine using Milk Thistle on-cycle and during PCT.

Dosing for Milk Thistle on-cycle:
600-1000 mg/day (spread over 2 doses)
Dose 1 - 300-500 mg first thing in the morning
Dose 2 - 300-500 mg 8-10 hours post-Dose 1

~Rosie~

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
You're fine using Milk Thistle on-cycle and during PCT.

Dosing for Milk Thistle on-cycle:
600-1000 mg/day (spread over 2 doses)
Dose 1 - 300-500 mg first thing in the morning
Dose 2 - 300-500 mg 8-10 hours post-Dose 1

~Rosie~
But couldnt i just not take milk thistle during cycle since my PCT has it in it,so id be getting milk thistle when im done with cycle.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But couldnt i just not take milk thistle during cycle since my PCT has it in it,so id be getting milk thistle when im done with cycle.
Yes you could, however I choose to have some type of liver support throughout, same with other support supps.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Yes you could, however I choose to have some type of liver support throughout, same with other support supps.
Okay thanks,so it would be cool to take milk thistle while on cycle,then (since my PCT has milk thistle in it) take it when im done with cycle?

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
a lot of people (myself included) take MT everyday even when not on cycle. take it however you choose. the better safe than sorry adage comes into play here. you're already gonna stress your liver so why not give it something to make it happy. if you take it on cycle just take it at a different time than your stanz.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like I said, using Milk Thistle on-cycle and in PCT is fine - there are no issues with this. If you are using a methylated compound, then use Milk Thistle on-cycle AND during PCT.

~Rosie~

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
But if its not methylated than you dont HAVE to run milk thistle while on-cycle?
No, un-methylated cycles are normally easy on the liver with the exception of the strong androgens such as Tren and even lmg. Milk Thistle, by itself, has very little evidence supporting its liver recovery properties. But used in conjuction with NAC you can make sure you are tackling liver support at all angles. MT and NAC are two ingredients found in CEL Cycle Assist and both are very beneficial to have on cycle. I suggest you pick it up if you have not done so and it also takes care of BP pre-loading, prostate issues, and cholesterol damage seen on cycle. Orastan E will still be harmful to your lipids, cholesterol, and liver despite its mild profile.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But if its not methylated than you dont HAVE to run milk thistle while on-cycle?
That's right - if you're using a non-methylated compound, then you do not need to run Milk Thistle on-cycle (it would be optional).

~Rosie~

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Without even considering supplements or steroid cycles, our livers go to war on a daily basis.
Often forgotten or at least under appreciated statement.

FelipeBR

FelipeBR

Awards
i would go with some cycle assittent....because it have silimarin inside already and anothers substances that will help your health.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use NAC everyday but when and if running a methylated compound, id highly suggest using Liver Juice as well.