GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well IMO....the whole beef is silly. Whenever either one of them mentions potential violence I kinda chuckle.
Also I need the beef to be organic (no pun),
I need the possibility of a collision between the two to be real.
Other than that....its just hi-tech name calling.
To me at least.
rap beef is mostly for name calling .. 2pac biggie - jayz nas ..canibus LL .. ice vs nwa

this one was mainly mgk talking about how em's daughter is fckable and em stated in an interview for him to chill but after album dropped ..he continued to call kim & hallie

which rap battle are you reffering to organic that is not originated from name calling ? ( just curious )

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
rap beef is mostly for name calling .. 2pac biggie - jayz nas ..canibus LL .. ice vs nwa

this one was mainly mgk talking about how em's daughter is fckable and em stated in an interview for him to chill but after album dropped ..he continued to call kim & hallie

which rap battle are you reffering to organic that is not originated from name calling ? ( just curious )
Originates with name-calling yes.
Tupac and Biggie people got shot bro.
Lots of underground beef leads to violence.
I wasn't saying that name calling and dissing didn't initiate most beef. What I'm saying is this beef will not lead to any kind of war, between the rappers or their crews. So it boars some of us looking for something more REAL in our rap. Or at least for me.
Again Eminem is untouchable lyrically. His street cred is touchable. Well actually non-existent untill he got signed .
So I guess it depends on your taste.
But I totally get it being corny.
I saw on you tube where some body said they should meet at a cheesecake factory or a cracker barrel or someplace they feel comfortable and handle it. That's exactly right!!!

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Don't forget the original LLvs kool Moe Dee

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I saw on you tube where some body said they should meet at a cheesecake factory or a cracker barrel or someplace they feel comfortable and handle it. That's exactly right!!!

lmao that would be bad a$s

one with his man bun and other with weird beard and both in wife-beaters

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How is kill shot corny ?

Wordplay, bars/punchlines are on point as Em delivers
the flow is corny, the disses are i'm more popular and famous, and rhyming every word just to rhyme words...i'm good on that

usually if your in an argument and someone brings money or in this case album sales up....that's an instant L, it's just a cop out

MGK grew up following em so he knows him a bit more, but i'm sure em doesn't really even know the story behind mgk so he went with the the success stuff and I'd expect more

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The reason why I think em and mgk are corny is because of thier style. They way they rap in general to me. That doesn't take away from their bars or flow, but overall just kinda corny. I listen to alot more east coast stuff though. I think em was more lyrically technical and had more bars, I think mgk made a way better song and it has far more replay value. But it's all subjective and eminem has wayyyy more fans.

To me the best beefs have been:
Jay vs Nas, Beans vs Jadakiss, 50 vs Ja Rule

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The reason why I think em and mgk are corny is because of thier style. They way they rap in general to me. That doesn't take away from their bars or flow, but overall just kinda corny. I listen to alot more east coast stuff though. I think em was more lyrically technical and had more bars, I think mgk made a way better song and it has far more replay value. But it's all subjective and eminem has wayyyy more fans.

you need to give Saigon vs joe budden disses a listen....not to mention all the beefs caused from nwa

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Personal perspective - seems like Em had some heart towards MGK for obvious reasons. Moment he said "my man better chill..." is when it hit me. I think Em is just educating current hiphop artists really... He still does make mention's towards things he doesn't like. Overall at present i dont think he's out to massacre anyone. Just getting points across...

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Didn't em smash jadakis and ja ?
Lyrically at least.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you need to give Saigon vs joe budden disses a listen....not to mention all the beefs caused from nwa
I lived through those bro. Was in the music industry for 10 years. Not nwa, but all the Budden beefs. Him and ransom was crazy too.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Didn't em smash jadakis and ja ?
Lyrically at least.
Em dissed ja. Never jada. Em and Jada did music for one of thier albums... Nobody touches Jada. Respect everywhere

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally think em is holding back for another track bc wack ass mgk will prollly have a track on his album

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Em dissed ja. Never jada. Em and Jada did music for one of thier albums... Nobody touches Jada. Respect everywhere
Whole NY will be knocking on MI lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whole NY will be knocking on MI lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If MGK releases another track, Eminem should just go read all of MGK's old tweets where he talks about how great Em is.

DnHCtXLU4AAiTwt.jpeg

Just put a beat on it and start reading.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If MGK releases another track, Eminem should just go read all of MGK's old tweets where he talks about how great Em is.

View attachment 171352

Just put a beat it and start reading.
Lol. That’s some solid ammo right there. Maybe Em didn’t want to make him look too bad? Or he wanted to have some big guns ready if he ever feels a need to respond to MGK again in the future?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
all the talent in the world but can't put out a great album....his solo albums tbh may be the worst out of any lox member
Had some catchy beats and a killer voice but I agree. Verses didn't even mesh with the background music or flow correctly. Very disappointing.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Had some catchy beats and a killer voice but I agree. Verses didn't even mesh with the background music or flow correctly. Very disappointing.
Which album?

Freddy vs Jason? Top 5 doa? Kiss of death? The last kiss, Kiss tha game goodbye, I love you (dedication)?

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Which album?

Freddy vs Jason? Top 5 doa? Kiss of death? The last kiss, Kiss tha game goodbye, I love you (dedication)?
I think he's confusing this convo with the Eminem album. Because eminems only good albums were slim shady lp and Marshall mathers LP. Oh and jada>everything. Don't @ me

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Jadakiss' flow is one of the best I have ever heard. mixtape with styles p called body baggin beats it's dope af too

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think he's confusing this convo with the Eminem album. Because eminems only good albums were slim shady lp and Marshall mathers LP. Oh and jada>everything. Don't @ me
MM2 was legit. So many double entendres, possibly triples, that most people missed. I think Em's lyrics goes over people's heads. Especially the newer millennials and Gen Z.

No offense to those in that age range either. You guys just came up with different type music.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe we should change the thread to what's everybody bumping right now

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I actually agree with that statement

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Except both of those albums are better than any album in Jada's discography

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Except both of those albums are better than any album in Jada's discography
Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. But with that being said I would put kiss tha game goodbye up against any of ems work. Furthermore "We gon make it" is easily better than any em record. All this is in my opinion.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which album?

https://youtu.be/AmwupCq7_PY
Kiss of death was the one I listened to the most and this song for instance. I think I may have gave the wrong impression to those getting butt hurt over an opinion not meshing with their own. I personally rocked out to Jada and loved a lot of his music. I analyze everything more than the majority of people which can be a strength in situations like work but also a curse in many other scenarios. One of my all time favorites is infinite by Eminem. It was prior to him striking big with Dre so his budget and producing wasn't on the level it was later so it had the same issues on found on many of Jadas songs. It doesn't by any means ruin the tracks as I listen to every verse and absolutely love the word play more than anything. Hence why I believe 90 percent of the new shìt is garbage. Not much substance and I heard a song the other day that was 90 percent just the hook repeating over and over. But to explain what I'm saying about the song I'm sharing if you pay attention the beats of the music hit at certain points where the voice doesn't compliment it and it just feels to me like the quality isnt there of the flow. Still appreciate the music just something I noticed. There were a lot of songs on that album I noticed that on. Luckily I had a system back then so I just turned it up and didn't give a shìt because a few of those tracks were fire with the bass hitting for sure.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe we should change the thread to what's everybody bumping right now
It's started in general chat and has been some good conversation as long as people don't get salty. I find it funny how defensive and passionate some people get over people criticing their favorite rappers. Too many stans out there I guess. Not just speaking on in this thread either. Social media is ridiculous these days. Especially here in Ohio all of a sudden millions of MGK fans were born over night. I for real can say I don't know that I ever one time saw a MGK post and share until this last diss dropped. For a whole week it's all that was on my feed. Lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. But with that being said I would put kiss tha game goodbye up against any of ems work. Furthermore "We gon make it" is easily better than any em record. All this is in my opinion.
Isn't it crazy how we had to make sure we throw out there the "this is just my opinion" part. Heaven forbid people interact with a civil debate about gangster rap. Lol
Makes me think the age of the people commenting is showing. I do remember being young and short tempered when someone criticing my dogg (Favorite poem spitter) as if they were dissing my brother. ?
Wait no I don't.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any of y'all see that **** about him getting booed off stage trying to diss Eminem?

And he is getting called out from people at the last Fall Out Boy concert for trying to stage a photo-op to make it look like his "fans" think he won?

Hilarious.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Isn't it crazy how we had to make sure we throw out there the "this is just my opinion" part. Heaven forbid people interact with a civil debate about gangster rap. Lol
Makes me think the age of the people commenting is showing. I do remember being young and short tempered when someone criticing my dogg (Favorite poem spitter) as if they were dissing my brother. ��
Wait no I don't.
Lmao true story man

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's started in general chat and has been some good conversation as long as people don't get salty. I find it funny how defensive and passionate some people get over people criticing their favorite rappers. Too many stans out there I guess. Not just speaking on in this thread either. Social media is ridiculous these days. Especially here in Ohio all of a sudden millions of MGK fans were born over night. I for real can say I don't know that I ever one time saw a MGK post and share until this last diss dropped. For a whole week it's all that was on my feed. Lol
That's why I was wondering what everybody is listening too. I know for me it isn't Eminem and its NEVER mgk.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And empiremind had me googling and listening to some tight stuff yesterday that I probably never would have played other wise.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's why I was wondering what everybody is listening too. I know for me it isn't Eminem and its NEVER mgk.
And empiremind had me googling and listening to some tight stuff yesterday that I probably never would have played other wise.
I misinterpreted your tone.

I too listened to some music the last few days I hadn't heard in years from people mentioning it.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I too listened to some music the last few days I hadn't heard in years from people mentioning it.
Ha..I did the same thing, switched from KILLSWITCH radio to RICK ROSS radio an sh1t was cranking

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha..I did the same thing, switched from KILLSWITCH radio to RICK ROSS radio an sh1t was cranking
Rick Ross was the one I rocked out to most. Lol

If you haven't give "shades on" a listen. It's one of his hits with triple cs way back. Always liked that one.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
https://youtu.be/rOOlIr6_7qc

Everybody catch the lil wayne diss track replying to MGK dissing Em?

Man I used to respect and love weezy. I like that he backed up Em but didn't think this was amazing by any means. I'll have to listen a few more times and see if it catches.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Waka flaka got some wild sh1t to hype you while lifting too

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Its cool.
I thought the gangster rap discussion stayed civil.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. But with that being said I would put kiss tha game goodbye up against any of ems work. Furthermore "We gon make it" is easily better than any em record. All this is in my opinion.
I love these types of convos

to me kiss tha game goodbye was a let down and to one of the posts above felt like they tried to take jada and put him on beats that didn't fit with concepts that imo felt awkward...imo jada isn't made for the swizzbeats type style.....if you ever heard the album Phryme with Royce and premier, that's the lane jada should go with beats imo

"the way I am" to me is eminems best song and better than any song jada's ever done but again just an opinion

I also know it's an unpopular opinion, but beanie sigel's discography > jadakiss discography

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any of y'all see that **** about him getting booed off stage trying to diss Eminem?

And he is getting called out from people at the last Fall Out Boy concert for trying to stage a photo-op to make it look like his "fans" think he won?

Hilarious.

I also saw where they are blaming Eminem fans for inputting boo's and calling the video fake.....either way dude is opening up for fall out boy...didn't even know they were still a thing tbh

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its cool.
I thought the gangster rap discussion stayed civil.
In here its been tame. Take a look at the comments across social media on the diss tracks and shares. You can see the art of debate turning to a shìt storm of "You are clueless for having that opinion, my input is fact".

Like I said before both guys brought some good material to the table and now even the rest of the industry seems to be jumping in. I believe this is great for rap.

Saw yesterday conspiracy folks are noting that the same producer was in on both Ems and MGKs diss tracks too. lol

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In here its been tame. Take a look at the comments across social media on the diss tracks and shares. You can see the art of debate turning to a shìt storm of "You are clueless for having that opinion, my input is fact".

Like I said before both guys brought some good material to the table and now even the rest of the industry seems to be jumping in. I believe this is great for rap.

Saw yesterday conspiracy folks are noting that the same producer was in on both Ems and MGKs diss tracks too. lol
Isn't MGK a bad boy artist?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't MGK a bad boy artist?
Signed by diddy but the label is interscope. Not entirely sure as up until a week ago I only knew he had 1 song. Lol