Merry Christmas devils

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
lmao. old ppl and their noon naps. go ahead bro, tell us about how you were there when the term leatherneck first camp into use....

delta314

Awards
  • Established
dude, I'm so old, Sgt. Dan Daily was only a lance corporal when I served!!!!!!!

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just found out the my wife's grandmother used to have dinner parties with Chesty Puller....no bullshit

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
never heard of chesty puller, that's all. however, chesty butler, is the HNIC.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Chesty Puller was the most decorated Marine ever....c'mon Beelz....At the Frozen Chosen he was completely surrounded and said something to the effect "we're surrounded, that simplifies our problems..." & "retreat hell, we're just advancing in a different direction"
He wanted to go to Vietnam in 66, but they told him he was too damn old..(where have I heard that before)
One battle he took 70 casualties and killed 1400 japs. He was definitely "THE MAN":bow28:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yup, ya'll are right, i'm confusing names in my head.

those BST tests didn't stick around too long in the ol' brain cells, lol.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Totally understandable since I only remember like 2 names out of all the others. We don't even take the BST for real anymore....there's always a "study sheet" when you take it.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
ahha, i remember now, i was thinking smedley butler, lol.

study sheets? yup, the ol' S-3 shops never change :)

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
what up Devils!??? Just found this thread! BST's? I thought they were MCI's? I missed Cpl my 1st time around because I didn't do my personal finance course on time..

Archibald Delta, that's hilarious!!

I remember back in Jan 93 when I left Michigan for boot camp. Ice storm w/ sub-zero temps. I get to San Diego the next day & it's sunny & I'm surrounded by DI's & palm trees... Dudes, I was in heaven!!! All I was looking forward to was graduating boot camp & learning how to surf!! :head: got done w/ boot, went north to Camp Del Mar for 3 months of admin school (learned how to surf!!!) & got stationed @ MCRD San Diego!! Did my 4 years all in San Diego County.. Sucked to be me.. :)

I do miss it though, & Beelz, thanks for that initial night before Christmas. I have it on my computer @ home & read it often...

SEMPER FI MARINES!

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Hey beelz,
You want me to mail you a copy of my green monster? Sock number 53!
Drew

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
MCI's were the things we had to order through the S-3 shop. BST was the basic skills training book.

oh, and nate, yeah, i got accused of that numerous times :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PhantomReaper Anabolics 14
match General Chat 9
thebigt Iron Legion 6
thebigt Alpha Gainz 2
thebigt Iconic Formulations 0