Mega Dosing Fishoil

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
What dosage do you generally do it at? and is it worth using the extra cost to results ratio?

I am talking about mega dosing for size/mass gain

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
4-6 grams daily mainly for DHA for concentration and the anti-inflammatory aspect. I think the money I spend on it is worth it. I buy the GNC triple strength sometimes and then bulk 300mg ones sometimes. Generally depends on if I wanna take 4-5 softgels or 12-15. Usually i just pay a little more for more potent individual softgels (900mg vs 300mg of OM3s). Try to buy fish oil with 0 cholestrol and around 1-1.5g of fat per capsule.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
4-6 grams is not megadosing. I am talking about mega dosing fish oil as a size/mass gainer like some people do

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
most I have done is 45g a day. seemed to help with fat-loss. but mainly I took it because my father in law gave me six bottles of carslon fish oil. one lemony tablespoon is 15g. currently I'm taking 15g a day because I heard somewhere that too much cause your free T to drop.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
i like up to 10g a day any more and my skin gets a bit oily

JGank

Awards
i've been taking three tablespoons a day for a week. I'll swear I'm getting leaner.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Is anybody aware that you should have a balanced omega intake? Like 1 : 3 or 1 : 4 O3 : O6.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
yeah i heard it was 4 to one omega 3 to omega 6.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I tried megadosing wallgreen's brand fish oil but it started making me drowsy so I had to cut back

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
Is anybody aware that you should have a balanced omega intake? Like 1 : 3 or 1 : 4 O3 : O6.
i just got some of the new rpn product krillipid, it looks good

dixie normus

Awards
3xo6 to 1xo3. If you get that ratio right the quantities practically become irrelevant providing you meet the RDA's for each of EFA's

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
The most I've ever taken is 16-20g daily. Skin does get oilier, heart flutters become more frequent, but body fat seems to drop and lean mass seems to increase...

xink

Awards
  • Established
I buy the GNC triple strength sometimes and then bulk 300mg ones sometimes.
The GNC ones look like ****, I've checked them out before and one pill is usually only 500mg, even for their mega ones if I recall correctly.

I generally pick mine up at Whole Foods, the price is reasonable and one pill is 1000mg.