Maybe getting cheated......

CMS

Awards
So I went to the vitamin shoppe and was shopping for protein again, and decieded to switch from ON whey, to bodytech whey, vitamin shoppe brand, on a budget, on the label it says one scoop, 24 grams of protein, 79 servings, well needless to say 3/4 of the way through the bottle I am at 35,to 37 scoops and almost empty I started to think did I get hosed, I pulled out the other bottle opened it up and started scooping out and counting my scoops well bottle is now empty and I got like between 50 and 55 scoops. Has anyone else had this problem with them.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
So I went to the vitamin shoppe and was shopping for protein again, and decieded to switch from ON whey, to bodytech whey, vitamin shoppe brand, on a budget, on the label it says one scoop, 24 grams of protein, 79 servings, well needless to say 3/4 of the way through the bottle I am at 35,to 37 scoops and almost empty I started to think did I get hosed, I pulled out the other bottle opened it up and started scooping out and counting my scoops well bottle is now empty and I got like between 50 and 55 scoops. Has anyone else had this problem with them.
I don't know what the label says, but are these rounded scoops or level scoops you are taking?

CMS

Awards
As far as the label says they say to just add one scoop per serving no mention of either level or rounded.And even so thats still roughly 25 to 30 scoops short,thats a bit much. I dont know if this matters but thew have told me before that ON makes there protein and they just put there label on it. I never have any such problem with ON at all.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I'm not trying to defend the product, I'm just curious as to what you are doing. Sounds like you're taking rounded scoops though. Maybe try it out taking level scoops and see what you get. It could be a lot closer than you think.

Most products are filled by weight (even for capsules). So sometimes you get a little more, sometimes you get a little less. I think that's why USPLabs sometimes puts 90+ capsules on their labels because sometimes you get a few extra.

And if you've never had a problem with ON then I think you've already solved your problem ;)

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes you have to pay for quality. I have looked at the Vitamin Shoppe products but I just didn't get a good feeling. Oh well, Try true Protein next time and make your own custom mix.

CMS

Awards
All level scoops I always dig a scoop and then scrape the excess along the rim to get a nice even scoop. The problem is the large amount that I am short, when you are on a tight budget it is more of an issue.Also I would hate to see so many other people walking in there thinking they are getting quality products and getting cheated, that BS.:cheers:

TravisCoSheriff

Awards
You got to fluff it out to make it fit that many scoops.