Mav gets massive with Sten-zine + Trestobol

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Day 4

Went in for chest this morning, tried to lighten up the weight a little and focus even more so on the squeeze than usual. Finished with rest pause sets.

Cable Flye
20x14
20x13
20x11

DB Incline Bench
60x14
60x10
60x9
60x8
60x6/3

DB Flat Bench
70x9
70x8
70x6
70x6
70x4/1 (saying I got one rep here is being generous lol)

Hammer Strength Decline Press
100x14
100x12
100x10
100x9/4

Push-ups til failure.

Even though the numbers weren't that great today, felt really good energy considering the limited amount of rest my chest has had. Think this stuff might be starting to kick in a little. Heading to the gym in a few to kick out back this evening!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in for the ride. Just caught up too. Good job thus far

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
Day 4

Went in for chest this morning, tried to lighten up the weight a little and focus even more so on the squeeze than usual. Finished with rest pause sets.

Cable Flye
20x14
20x13
20x11

DB Incline Bench
60x14
60x10
60x9
60x8
60x6/3

DB Flat Bench
70x9
70x8
70x6
70x6
70x4/1 (saying I got one rep here is being generous lol)

Hammer Strength Decline Press
100x14
100x12
100x10
100x9/4

Push-ups til failure.

Even though the numbers weren't that great today, felt really good energy considering the limited amount of rest my chest has had. Think this stuff might be starting to kick in a little. Heading to the gym in a few to kick out back this evening!
Love throwing workouts like this in here. Really focus on the mind/muscle connection with a 4010 tempo & the pumps get craaaazy. I can't imagine how they'd be on a cycle. lol Keep it up big guy!

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Love throwing workouts like this in here. Really focus on the mind/muscle connection with a 4010 tempo & the pumps get craaaazy. I can't imagine how they'd be on a cycle. lol Keep it up big guy!
Pumps were pretty nice, all about feeling that connection and getting that growth!

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Day 5
So last night's workout back workout didn't go quite as planned. Got to the gym just to find out it was closed. The other gym I workout at is on the other side of town and would've been a good 20 min drive. **** that. But with a pre-workout in me and being all carbed up and ready to go, I couldn't just pack it in. So I hit up a local park nearby and utilized the monkey bars lol. Variations of pull-ups, mid rows, etc. Definitely not conventional but did what I had to do to get the job done.

This morning I weighed in at 190, that's +5 lbs. Yesterday was at 188. I'm trying not to focus too much on the scale right now as I know weight fluctuates a lot at the beginning of a cycle and most of it is water and glycogen. Still, seems pretty steady. I definitely feel like my muscles look fuller when I wake up, instead of the flat feeling I usually have when I just get out of bed. Just have to see where things go from here, I'll be hitting up shoulders at the gym tonight.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 5
So last night's workout back workout didn't go quite as planned. Got to the gym just to find out it was closed. The other gym I workout at is on the other side of town and would've been a good 20 min drive. **** that. But with a pre-workout in me and being all carbed up and ready to go, I couldn't just pack it in. So I hit up a local park nearby and utilized the monkey bars lol. Variations of pull-ups, mid rows, etc. Definitely not conventional but did what I had to do to get the job done.

This morning I weighed in at 190, that's +5 lbs. Yesterday was at 188. I'm trying not to focus too much on the scale right now as I know weight fluctuates a lot at the beginning of a cycle and most of it is water and glycogen. Still, seems pretty steady. I definitely feel like my muscles look fuller when I wake up, instead of the flat feeling I usually have when I just get out of bed. Just have to see where things go from here, I'll be hitting up shoulders at the gym tonight.
Lol that hood workout at the park, nice. 5lbs in 5 days? Not shabby, some is water/glycogen retention like you mentioned, but this is just getting good! Especially if its started out great!

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Lol that hood workout at the park, nice. 5lbs in 5 days? Not shabby, some is water/glycogen retention like you mentioned, but this is just getting good! Especially if its started out great!
Oh yes it was dark out too so pretty interesting to say the least! Yes things are really gonna get poppin here shortly I'm continuing to eat like a horse. Also no estro sides to speak of yet, 3 pumps of forma before bed every night seems to be doing me well.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Oh yes it was dark out too so pretty interesting to say the least! Yes things are really gonna get poppin here shortly I'm continuing to eat like a horse. Also no estro sides to speak of yet, 3 pumps of forma before bed every night seems to be doing me well.
I would have loved to see a video of u doing pull ups on the kiddie money bar!! Lol

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. Followed your halo&stano log silently. I feel like that log JUST ended yesterday lol!

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Day 6
Week one is almost done already. Sticking with the same higher rep range this time through each body part, and next week ill up the weights a little. Numbers from last nights shoulder lift.

Db Standing Front Press
45x14
45x11
45x9/ 4

Db Standing Overhead Press
40x10
40x10
40x8/ 2

Smith Machine Behind the Neck Press
65x11
65x11
65x11/ 2

DB lat raise + DB front raise
15x18 + 25x10
15x14 + 25x8
15x14 + 25x7

Gonna eat a meal here in a bout an hour then hit up arms this evening.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
2 a day workout huh??!! Talk about an all day pump right... Wish I could do that more often, how you feeling so for??

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
2 a day workout huh??!! Talk about an all day pump right... Wish I could do that more often, how you feeling so for??
Well I'm trying to take advantage of this and get in the gym as many times as I can on cycle, of course if I need to pull back I will. Right now feeling great, bringing the intensity!

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Day 9
So I've been out for a little bit, give you guys a quick recap. Thursday evening I hit arms as planned. Holy **** that pump was CRAZY. Seriously felt like someone had taken a needle and inflated my arms haha, definitely felt this stuff kicking in then. Friday I hit legs, didn't have alot of time but hit deads and squat, best dead set was 225x10. Saturday was my off day, so today I'm feeling rested and ready to hit chest today after work.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did they feel like they were going to cramp up? Lol great job so far mav

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Yes!!! Haha some times it felt so swollen it reminded me of a cramp, got kind of painful near the end lol. That's how last night's lift was too.

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Day 10
Hit chest last night. As you can see my first set of flat and incline went up a couple of reps from the last time I did it at this weight! Pretty excited about seeing some improvement in my strength already. Was feeling really sore about halfway through, but enjoyed the fact that my numbers were going up.

BB Bench Press
85x9
85x7
85x6
85x6
85x6/ 50x12

Incline DB Press
70x8
70x8
70x7
70x7
70x5/ 40x8

Decline Hammer Press + Cable Iron Cross
120x13 + 20x11
120x11 + 20x8
120x9 + 10x11
120x8/ 60x12 + 10x9

Also got some updates on my bodystats this morning. Weight has been going WAY up, every morning I'll wake up and it'll be more the day before. The past three days have seen it settle a little and fluctuate between 196-198. I know this is not all muscle in 10 days. Some water, some glycogen, and unfortunately I've seen some weight gained in the midsection. :disappointed: It's all good though, just been pounding away at the cals, never going under the 4500 mark and actually going a couple hundred over on some of these days just do to the fact that my hunger is up even more than usual. Just gonna keep pounding away the food and see the gains continue. Here are the stats:

Weight: 197 lbs (+12)
Shoulders: 47" (+1.5)
Chest: 40" (+.5)
Arms: 14" (+.5)
Waist: 33" (+1.25)
Thighs: 24" (+.5)

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Wow those are some impressive results.. Keep up the great work

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can always shred later, great progress mav. My shoulders always grow the most on cycle lol

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
How tall are you? Just trying to put together the numbers in my head. With 40" chest you'd have to be 6'5" to weigh 197.

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Wow those are some impressive results.. Keep up the great work
You can always shred later, great progress mav. My shoulders always grow the most on cycle lol
Thanks guys! That's exactly what I was thinking, grow as much as possible now, lean out later. Think I'll try making my next cycle a recomp but we'll see. Yeah, well continued shoulder growth would be nice, that was one of the things I wanted most out of this cycle - more shoulder width, get that v-taper going if you feel me.

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
How tall are you? Just trying to put together the numbers in my head. With 40" chest you'd have to be 6'5" to weigh 197.
I'm just about 6'1 man. My chest is relatively small and I have always considered it my biggest weakness... Not exactly following you though with the 6'5 thing if you could explain that'd be great.

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Hit back today:

DB Row
110x6
110x5
110x5
110x4/ 60x10

T-Bar Row + Straight Bar Pulldown
205x7 + 180x7
205x5 + 180x6
205x5/ 135x7 + 180x6/ 100x9

Hammer Strength Pulldown + Hammer Strength High Row
160x13 + 120x9
160x11 + 120x8
160x9/ 100x4 + 120x7 + 60x8

Pull-ups + DB Shrug
9 + 90x10
5 + 90x7
5 + 90x6

Here's my post-workout meal!

image-3189570563.jpg

This one is for you Tyga! Haha double chicken burrito bowl... Can't beat it!!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
That meal and workout just made me jealous!! Nice DB rows, and I bet the pump on those SS was killer..

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
That meal and workout just made me jealous!! Nice DB rows, and I bet the pump on those SS was killer..
Haha it was scrumptious! Great carbs and protein, I'd eat it everyday if I could afford it. Thanks man, yes LOVING the pumps!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha it was scrumptious! Great carbs and protein, I'd eat it everyday if I could afford it. Thanks man, yes LOVING the pumps!
I started making my own, been eating it for the last two weeks lol

1/2c rice with spices
130g black beans
4oz chicken cubed
28g mozzarella
Green sauce
60g Guacamole
1/2c shredded lettuce

Meal was bangin!

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I'm just about 6'1 man. My chest is relatively small and I have always considered it my biggest weakness... Not exactly following you though with the 6'5 thing if you could explain that'd be great.
Just really heavy for some of the measurements. So I was trying to get a picture

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Gotcha man, the first pick should give you a basic idea, ill try to get some updated ones up soon.. Read up on your Celtic Tren log earlier this summer, saw you had some nice gains. Considering it for a recomp this winter.

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Day 11
Today was shoulders:

Standing BB Front Press
105x8
105x7
105x6
105x5

Seated DB Overhead Press
45x10
45x9
45x8
45x9/1

BB Upright Row
95x5
85x6
85x5
85x3/1

Seated Db Lat Raise
25x6
15x10
15x8/7

Short and sweet and threw in some abs at the end, since I've been slacking on those. Definitely can tell my strength is way up judging by the bb and db presses. Nice to see it seems like any lift I did I can do it substantially better than I could've the first couple days of this log. Felt pretty tired all day but really good energy in the gym.. Also my nuts are finally starting to shrink up haha. From reading the other logs I knew it was bound to happen, surprised they made it this long to be honest.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Gotcha man, the first pick should give you a basic idea, ill try to get some updated ones up soon.. Read up on your Celtic Tren log earlier this summer, saw you had some nice gains. Considering it for a recomp this winter.
Yeah its nice stuff but you have to run it spoon high that its expensive and its still not aggressive. Trest IM is my new pet! That stuff is amazing

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 11
Today was shoulders:

Standing BB Front Press
105x8
105x7
105x6
105x5

Seated DB Overhead Press
45x10
45x9
45x8
45x9/1

BB Upright Row
95x5
85x6
85x5
85x3/1

Seated Db Lat Raise
25x6
15x10
15x8/7

Short and sweet and threw in some abs at the end, since I've been slacking on those. Definitely can tell my strength is way up judging by the bb and db presses. Nice to see it seems like any lift I did I can do it substantially better than I could've the first couple days of this log. Felt pretty tired all day but really good energy in the gym.. Also my nuts are finally starting to shrink up haha. From reading the other logs I knew it was bound to happen, surprised they made it this long to be honest.
Great shoulder session mav. You ever try db single arm upright rows? I get a way better pump and mind muscle connection..

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
^^^ this great work!! Also have you ever tried Arnold presses?? If not u should try them probably my fav shoulder exercise ;)

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Yeah its nice stuff but you have to run it spoon high that its expensive and its still not aggressive. Trest IM is my new pet! That stuff is amazing
So you're having good results running it solo? Sounds tempting...

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Great shoulder session mav. You ever try db single arm upright rows? I get a way better pump and mind muscle connection..
Thanks, no I haven't! I like the sound of it.. definitely will give them a shot!

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
^^^ this great work!! Also have you ever tried Arnold presses?? If not u should try them probably my fav shoulder exercise ;)
Oh Arnold Presses are awesome! Used to be a staple for me, just have gotten away from them I guess. Need to throw them back in soon!

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Day 12
Woke up this morning and the scale read 200.0 on the dot. Gonna hit arms here in a sec and I'll post up the numbers. Also i took some pics first thing out of bed, no pump for you guys to have an idea of where I'm at.

image-3493406231.jpg

image-1969072722.jpg

image-3048622189.jpg