mass gainers and bulking

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
im 5'11 210 lbs and looking to gain a bit more muscle so im going on a one month pyramid bulking program. is a mass gainer essential for better results? i have myofusion and planned on using that but i=i would just like a second opinion. thanks!

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
No, mass gainers just make it easy to get what you really need to grow. Calories. You don't need the weight gainer at all if you eat enough. That doesn't mean anything and everything. It means enough of the right things. Good Luck sir :)

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also plenty of ways to up your cals in Myofusion

Add banana, natty peanut butter, ground oats

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
Ive always liked making my own weight gainer, that way i can control the macro's and caloric values based on my current diet.

I would start off with 2 scoops Protein and a 1 or so cups of Oats grounded up, from there you can either add water or milk, you can add peanut butter for good fats and banana for a bit quicker carbs aswell. Very versatile thats why i liked it soo much.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im 5'11 210 lbs and looking to gain a bit more muscle so im going on a one month pyramid bulking program. is a mass gainer essential for better results? i have myofusion and planned on using that but i=i would just like a second opinion. thanks!
Whether you use a gainer or not is irrelevant - if you're bulking, all it is useful for is to get in any extra calories that you might not be able to get in with food (and food should always be your first port of call). You can use MyoFusion and make your own shakes with oats, yoghurt/ice, fruit, etc. Your gains are going to be dependent on whether you are eating enough/getting in enough calories!

~Rosie~

tattoopierced1

whey protein, oats, EVOO and natty PB are your friend

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
thank you everybody! i will start making my own shakes with my myofusion then! another question, when bulking how can i avoid excess fat from being stored in my midsection? i dont have a lean midsection at all and wouldnt want to make it any worse by bulking. after this month of bulking im going on a 8-10 week cutting cycle btw! thanks

dave

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thank you everybody! i will start making my own shakes with my myofusion then! another question, when bulking how can i avoid excess fat from being stored in my midsection? i dont have a lean midsection at all and wouldnt want to make it any worse by bulking. after this month of bulking im going on a 8-10 week cutting cycle btw! thanks

dave
Watch your nutrition - start at only ~200 calories above Maintenance and see how you go. Adjust it according to your results - if you don't make gains, go up to ~300 calories above Maintenance and so on. Common sense, really.

Look into calorie/carbohydrate cycling (yes, it can be done for a bulk, albeit not often for a traditional bulk). If you're bulking you can expect to add some bodyfat - where it goes is individual-dependent - so don't stress it (you can take of off easily enough afterwards).

If it's that much of an issue, consider trying to recomping instead (monitoring nutrition is essential here).

~Rosie~

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
musclemaker Company Promotions 3
louis19 Weight Loss 9
riseabove5 Nutrition / Health 18
double s Supplements 50
dmax79 Natural Bodybuilding 17