Maca

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Best maca supplement for libido. Not looking at anything else just maca suggestions.
Thank you.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Haven’t tried it yet but the NutraBio one looks like the best I’ve seen...Considering adding it in for next pct.

Last edited:

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll check it out. Is there a difference between the colors too? Red, yellow, etc.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just looked it up, good price. Seems good but no extract. Or maybe will be in description. Never tried a gelatinzed one but have heard good things.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah man there’s a LOT of maca out there, I know some who like black maca...

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just looked it up, good price. Seems good but no extract. Or maybe will be in description. Never tried a gelatinzed one but have heard good things.
I recently picked some up for the old lady, nothing to report yet. From what I read, you need to get gelatinized version. If not, it can make you nauseous and not work as intended. I dont know what the benefits are of the different colors.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well all the studies use powdered version not a extract, guess the confusion continues on maca. Lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man there’s a LOT of maca out there, I know some who like black maca...
i've heard that black is the one to get for us men, i guess a different one is best for the ladies?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For sexual purposes, I really like Olympus Labs organic Maca.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
maca is trash, it blocks DHT so its actually gonna kill ur libido more than help it
links showing maca killing libido?

@dsade [matt] is a research freak and he released a maca supplement when he was with bps.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
doesn't say anything about mounting frequency of rats being affected. they weren't even looking at it.

besides, they should have done the study on black maca which is recommended as being most effective for sexual desire for men, but that study wasn't even concerned about libido-sexual desire, or mounting frequency among rats which is what is used to measure libido.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
These don't measure DHT levels pre and post Maca. They induce BPH and then administration of Maca helps reduce said BPH. One could hypothesize this is due to a decrease in DHT but it may be that a phytosterol component acts as a DHT inhibitor in prostate tissue like how SERMs don't reduce Estrogen they just block the receptor in breast tissue.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
These don't measure DHT levels pre and post Maca. They induce BPH and then administration of Maca helps reduce said BPH. One could hypothesize this is due to a decrease in DHT but it may be that a phytosterol component acts as a DHT inhibitor in prostate tissue like how SERMs don't reduce Estrogen they just block the receptor in breast tissue.
like i said, it doesn't prove anything about maca being a 'libido killer' as he has stated-eh?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
like i said, it doesn't prove anything about maca being a 'libido killer' as he has stated-eh?
Correct.

His hypothesis is, theoretically, worth investigating but the current evidence neither proves nor disproves it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Correct.

His hypothesis is, theoretically, worth investigating but the current evidence neither proves nor disproves it.
anecdotal evidence seems to be on the side of libido boosting, imo...agree?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
anecdotal evidence seems to be on the side of libido boosting, imo...agree?
In the short term, from what I've seen. I found a study that looked at longer term administration in rats but it didn't discuss DHT levels, specifically. That being said it did show an increase in Testosterone in mature male rats with prolonged use.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In the short term, from what I've seen. I found a study that looked at longer term administration in rats but it didn't discuss DHT levels, specifically. That being said it did show an increase in Testosterone in mature male rats with prolonged use.
my quess is that maca like trib doesn't owe it's libido boosting to increased test...even if maca does increase testosterone i doubt very much it would be substantial enough to have much effect?

question-even a slight increase in test should result in some conversion to dht?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
my quess is that maca like trib doesn't owe it's libido boosting to increased test...even if maca does increase testosterone i doubt very much it would be substantial enough to have much effect?

question-even a slight increase in test should result in some conversion to dht?
Libido is a tricky thing but it is possible for even small shifts in hormones to have a drastic effect on libido, in some people.

Usually an increase in Test would increase DHT but it's possible that inhibiting 5a-reductase could lead to an increase in Test and a decrease in DHT.

Overall, like I said, my hypothesis is that the decrease in BPH is based on mechanisms other than decreasing DHT but I can't find specific, conclusive proof with a cursory Google scholar search.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Libido is a tricky thing but it is possible for even small shifts in hormones to have a drastic effect on libido, in some people.

Usually an increase in Test would increase DHT but it's possible that inhibiting 5a-reductase could lead to an increase in Test and a decrease in DHT.

Overall, like I said, my hypothesis is that the decrease in BPH is based on mechanisms other than decreasing DHT but I can't find specific, conclusive proof with a cursory Google scholar search.
good enough-thanks!!!

my personal anecdotal evidence is that maca is a ok libido booster but better included in a stack than stand alone--and that black maca is the best for mens libido--but i've saw that other strands work even better for women than the black does for men...

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
good enough-thanks!!!

my personal anecdotal evidence is that maca is a ok libido booster but better included in a stack than stand alone--and that black maca is the best for mens libido--but i've saw that other strands work even better for women than the black does for men...
I'm gonna need a lab, 4 grad students and some volunteers...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well now you're straying from research and into cinema but... 🤷‍♂️
that's what works best for me :p

need to put that libido boost to good use-eh?:unsure:

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
black maca is meant for libido (in men). yellow maca is best for women. and red is good for over health.