Lowering progesterone?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So, we have a pretty good understanding on how to deal with estrogen and prolactin w/ supps or medications, but how do we actually lower progesterone? I believe it is more complicated than simply keeping prolactin and estrogen low. There's also evidence showing progesterone can actually lower estrogen in itself. The only thing that would work is the abortion pill( selective progesterone receptor modulators) which is very sketchy. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have high progesterone on your blood work? Or do you have related symptoms? if not why you want to lower it? Some men take even low dose progesterone to help them keep estrogen low and testosterone higher and for it’s well being effect. I never tried myself though.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you have high progesterone on your blood work? Or do you have related symptoms? if not why you want to lower it? Some men take even low dose progesterone to help them keep estrogen low and testosterone higher and for it’s well being effect. I never tried myself though.
Never pulled bloods for progesterone, but I was very curious on it. I may have some symptoms but I am not sure. I've seen guys utilizing progesterone cream. I'm not sure if I'd be too afraid to try, though lol. I know it's very beneficial for mood.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don’t have a blood work for it , you think you have some symptoms and you want to lower your progesterone but you are wondering if you will use progesterone cream? You know that if you use progesterone cream you will increase it in your body? Opposite to what you want. You may want to start with a blood test if you think you have high progesterone.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You don’t have a blood work for it , you think you have some symptoms and you want to lower your progesterone but you are wondering if you will use progesterone cream? You know that if you use progesterone cream you will increase it in your body? Opposite to what you want. You may want to start with a blood test if you think you have high progesterone.
no , I’m just curious on the subject . Never had bloods for prog , only prl and estrogen. And yes, I’m aware using prog will increase it lol

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok.
I also looked into low dose progesterone but never dared trying it. It's not that popular on this forum at least, just saw few articles about it.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
ok.
I also looked into low dose progesterone but never dared trying it. It's not that popular on this forum at least, just saw few articles about it.
yeah, don’t blame you lol. It’s pretty sketch adding in a female hormone to try and counteract another. I’d feel more comfortable using Pregnenolone