low FSH and LH 7 months after stopping TRT

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Have been trying to have a kid, got off TRT, took HCG and enclomiphene and got my LH and FSH checked. I am low

LH: 2.4 ( 1.7-8.6 )
FSH: 2.6 (1.5-12.4)

any suggestions?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try the enclomiphene again. 25mg EOD or ED is where I would start. Mine LH/FSH stayed low too after getting off TRT and my serum test levels never went above 140ng/dL.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm using enclomiphene right now. Gonna do my labs after the Holidays. Been off TRT now for 3 months or so. I'm taking 20mg's daily and I'm on week 8. My balls are back to their robust selves. 😉

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Try the enclomiphene again. 25mg EOD or ED is where I would start. Mine LH/FSH stayed low too after getting off TRT and my serum test levels never went above 140ng/dL.
I was taking it for 8 weeks and this is my bloodwork a month or so after discontinuing

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
250iu ED I stopped a while ago, though
interesting. a lot of the studies I read do larger doses but fewer injections. maybe it helps jump start. you never noticed a change in your balls? no side effects from the serm?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
interesting. a lot of the studies I read do larger doses but fewer injections. maybe it helps jump start. you never noticed a change in your balls? no side effects from the serm?
Only barely. Im thinking about trying HMG. I dont care too much for a restart just fertility

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Only barely. Im thinking about trying HMG. I dont care too much for a restart just fertility
maybe. I'd go more wild with the LH stuff than serms, but some of the studies I read showed some people would start producing sperm, but it ends up deformed. so you'll want to go all in on this one. ice your balls etc. don't just rely on the drugs

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
maybe. I'd go more wild with the LH stuff than serms, but some of the studies I read showed some people would start producing sperm, but it ends up deformed. so you'll want to go all in on this one. ice your balls etc. don't just rely on the drugs
which LH stuff do you suggest

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was taking it for 8 weeks and this is my bloodwork a month or so after discontinuing
What were your levels on enclomiphene?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What were your levels on enclomiphene?
My testosterone levels are unchanged. I didn’t get lh and fsh tested on enclomiphene

my total floats around 500-600 ng/dl and my free is at the bottom of the range. 13 pg/ml (9-25)

Shbg is 50

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My testosterone levels are unchanged. I didn’t get lh and fsh tested on enclomiphene

my total floats around 500-600 ng/dl and my free is at the bottom of the range. 13 pg/ml (9-25)

Shbg is 50
To clarify, you have the LH/FSH levels above and 500-600ng/dL of natural serum testosterone? If so then you're not low. It means your testicles are very sensitive to LH/FSH and don't need a lot of stimulation to produce effective levels.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
To clarify, you have the LH/FSH levels above and 500-600ng/dL of natural serum testosterone? If so then you're not low. It means your testicles are very sensitive to LH/FSH and don't need a lot of stimulation to produce effective levels.
But my free testosterone is low
And my SHBG is high.

My total testosterone is only artificially inflated

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But my free testosterone is low
And my SHBG is high.

My total testosterone is only artificially inflated
SHBG has a lot more functions than just transporting sex hormones.

To answer your original post I'd get a semen analysis and develop a plan from there. Serum testosterone levels and fertility aren't completely linear in relationship. Even with intra-testicular suppressed to 74% of normal levels sperm production wasn't impacted to a statistically significant degree. (The hCG/TRT studies)

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your free T isn't that low and many serms raise SHBG (I don't know of speficially about Enclo, but wouldn't be a surprise if it does too). So yeah your testes are repsonding well to LH and like Bad Rad said, semen analysis would tell you the more important story in this case.