Low LH, FSH and High E = Arimidex?

dedication00

Awards
Just got some recent labs done. Not feeling nearly as good as I did when I first started TRT. Currently on 100mg Test Cyp injected IM 1 x per week.

35 y.o. and have probably been low test for years. My range pre trt for total test was anywhere from 186-289.

Doc wants to put me on anastrazole to bring the E down. I know most on here are against using AI's while on TRT. Any other options?

The major numbers from my most recent labs were:

Total Test: 570
LH: 0.2
FSH: 1.3
Estradiol: 51
TSH: 1.78

Previously before TRT numbers were:
Total Test: 241
LH: 3.6
FSH: 4.7
Estradiol: 24
TSH: 1.78

cylon357

cylon357

Awards
  • First Up Vote
LH and FSH will trend toward zero in the presence of exogenous test. Estradiol doesn't look overly high, unless that is the sensitive test?

It looks like you took that blood work in a trough, which is not uncommon with once a week injections. I would recommend switching to twice a week at 50mg per shot. More frequent smaller doses help to smooth out peaks and valleys. This could help you with estrogen spikes and leave you feeling more even throughout the week.

In other words, the solution might be simply doing 2x injections per week, not adding an AI.

dedication00

Awards
That's correct, it was taken in trough. I normally pin Thursday night and test was taken Thursday morning. I wanted to get an idea of what the trough level was.

Thanks man. I was trying to avoid 2 x a week pins honestly. Wife does them for me and with 3 small kids trying to find a good time to due them is difficult. Not really wanting to move to AI, so I may give this a try.

cylon357

cylon357

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You ought to be able to pin delts pretty easily on your own. You could have your wife pin you once per week, then do delts yourself. I'm assuming your currently pinning glutes?

You might also look at subq dosing as that is easy, though individual response seems to vary with this.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's correct, it was taken in trough. I normally pin Thursday night and test was taken Thursday morning. I wanted to get an idea of what the trough level was.

Thanks man. I was trying to avoid 2 x a week pins honestly. Wife does them for me and with 3 small kids trying to find a good time to due them is difficult. Not really wanting to move to AI, so I may give this a try.
You can use insulin syringes for nearly painless Sub-Q or shallow IM injections. I'd also try 2x weekly injections since any dose of AI causes joint pains for me. I use 27 gauge .5mL syringes myself for daily injections on TRT.

dedication00

Awards
Thanks guys. I was injecting delts by myself, but found having my wife do glutes was much easier. It was difficult to aspirate properly when I injected delts.

I will take a look at different syringes. Currently using 1" 25 gauge.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was thinking clomid before I read the thread and seen you're on trt. May still be a viable option. Experience has always taught me that one should never rely solely on what is best on paper and exhaust all options to see how your walking chemistry set will handle new substances. Just my .02c.