Losing visceral fat on a treadmill

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any suggestions on the best way to train on a treadmill to lose belly fat?

I've been trying some different methods.

Incline at 12 at 3.2 speed for 20 mins or more.

Also doing HIIT going fast at around 8.0 for a minute and then slowing down for a minute at 3.0 and then repeating.

I'm just not sure what's the best method? Any suggestions? Should I be aiming for a least burning 400 cals each session?

Interested to hearing what you guys think.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't know that there is any way to specifically target visceral fat on the treadmill.

I tend to store most of my fat in the abdominal area, which would be a combination subcutaneous and visceral.

I definitely think cardio is important to help burn fat, but not sure that there's any way to specifically target visceral fat with it.

I think the method of cardio for fat burning in general seems to vary by the person as to what works best - and also by what a person will stick with.

I get bored out of my mind easily with cardio so I tend to do x minutes on one station, then x minutes on another, etc. For example - x amount of minutes on the row machine, x amount of minutes on the elliptical, x amount of minutes on the bike, x amount of minutes on the punching bag, and then repeat for desired amount of total minutes of cardio.

I think the amount of calories burned goal per session depends on the person too and how long they have to do cardio - I think 400 is a great goal if you have the time to do it and can handle that.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im a firm beliver you cant target belly fat more then a very miniscule amount. You have to loose overall bodyfat and it all tends to come off equally minus a gew genetic factors. I hold my trouble in the lower abs. I have to get lean enough for veins to show tjrough my shoulders and chest before i can see my lower abs defined for a 6 pack.

For stubborn areas, once your lean everywhere else i like fasted cardio with yohimbine. Intensity would vary by fitness level. I do a lot of boxing and grappling so my fasted cardio would be hitt most of the time. But if i wasnt already cardio fit and just lifting id probably opt for steady state at first.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im a firm beliver you cant target belly fat more then a very miniscule amount. You have to loose overall bodyfat and it all tends to come off equally minus a gew genetic factors. I hold my trouble in the lower abs. I have to get lean enough for veins to show tjrough my shoulders and chest before i can see my lower abs defined for a 6 pack.

For stubborn areas, once your lean everywhere else i like fasted cardio with yohimbine. Intensity would vary by fitness level. I do a lot of boxing and grappling so my fasted cardio would be hitt most of the time. But if i wasnt already cardio fit and just lifting id probably opt for steady state at first.
I can relate to the part about having to have veins before can see a defined 6 pack including lower abs. I actually don't like the way I look in other places to try for a 6 pack anymore bc for me to get to that point, my face starts to look sunk in and it makes me look older. That's why for me, my body-fat goal right now is to get my body-fat down, but I'll intentionally stop before trying to get to that point again.

The only thing I've ever done that I felt successfully targeted belly fat, specifically visceral fat, is Ab-Solved - which I definitely think helps and I think it helps a lot more in people that tend to hold more visceral fat. But I also think that having realistic expectations is important - the people that love Ab-Solved I think are the ones with realistic expectations and are putting in the work and notice that extra benefit from it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can relate to the part about having to have veins before can see a defined 6 pack including lower abs. I actually don't like the way I look in other places to try for a 6 pack anymore bc for me to get to that point, my face starts to look sunk in and it makes me look older. That's why for me, my body-fat goal right now is to get my body-fat down, but I'll intentionally stop before trying to get to that point again.

The only thing I've ever done that I felt successfully targeted belly fat, specifically visceral fat, is Ab-Solved - which I definitely think helps and I think it helps a lot more in people that tend to hold more visceral fat. But I also think that having realistic expectations is important - the people that love Ab-Solved I think are the ones with realistic expectations and are putting in the work and notice that extra benefit from it.
Ya i know what you mean. If i get to single digits and the abs are carved out i have cartoon looking temple veins and they look gross

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

From a supplement standpoint, I was going to get Ab-Solved to help reach my goals, and I still might. But I read some very intriguing things about DHEA being great for losing fat when applied to stomach. So I purchased XPG DHEA-50 to see if it can help.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From a supplement standpoint, I was going to get Ab-Solved to help reach my goals, and I still might. But I read some very intriguing things about DHEA being great for losing fat when applied to stomach. So I purchased XPG DHEA-50 to see if it can help.
I've read some things about that as well. Let me know how you like it.

There are a couple of different experiments that I want to do to see if I can tell a difference - one being I want to try MitoBurn Gel there multiple times per day. I haven't tried it yet though bc right now I'm dosing it pretty high orally, but plan to change it up after Thanksgiving.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've read some things about that as well. Let me know how you like it.

There are a couple of different experiments that I want to do to see if I can tell a difference - one being I want to try MitoBurn Gel there multiple times per day. I haven't tried it yet though bc right now I'm dosing it pretty high orally, but plan to change it up after Thanksgiving.
You sell a mitoburn gel? Ive never seen it. Bibia is my favorite non stim

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You sell a mitoburn gel? Ive never seen it. Bibia is my favorite non stim
Yes, we use MitoBurn in several formulas and also have it in a gel.

The capsule formulas are:
  • MitoBurn XT - 500 mg. per capsule
  • SNS Thermo Scorch - 1,000 mg.
  • CEL LipoVantage - 1,000 mg.
  • CEL Lipo Elite - stim fat burner with 500 mg. per serving
Xtreme Performance Gels MitoBurn Gel:
  • 125 mg. MitoBurn per ml
  • 100 ml/100 servings per bottle
  • 12.5 Grams MitoBurn per bottle
I have a great relationship with NNB, the patent holder on MitoBurn - we have MitoBurn Gel and also a CurcuPrime Gel, which is another off their ingredients.

Leary942

Awards
Any suggestions on the best way to train on a treadmill to lose belly fat?

I've been trying some different methods.

Incline at 12 at 3.2 speed for 20 mins or more.

Also doing HIIT going fast at around 8.0 for a minute and then slowing down for a minute at 3.0 and then repeating.

I'm just not sure what's the best method? Any suggestions? Should I be aiming for a least burning 400 cals each session?

Interested to hearing what you guys think.
I think the HIIT is your best bet, because it's short and really intense. Have you looked into photobiomodulation? You could shine some red light on your belly for about 15-20 minutes each time right before your HIIT session (R). Actually the participants in that study did the phototherapy after the exercise. But I think either way will work so whatever best suits you.

Taking something to keep you cortisol levels in a healthy range will be good too. Simply eating carbs may be enough to achieve this. Or supplemental intervention with things like relora, ashwanganda, phosphatidylserine, and magnesium. If you needed something more stronger you could try DHEA or Reduce XT.

Reactions: oli
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think the HIIT is your best bet, because it's short and really intense
Agreed. HIIT style will get your heart rate up and shed fat quicker in my experience.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agreed. HIIT style will get your heart rate up and shed fat quicker in my experience.
Probably important to keep in mind the varying degrees of recovery needed for different intensities of cardio and the time you have to train. What ends up being best is going to depend on a multitude of factors, with diet still being the primary driver of progress.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I tend to store most of my fat in the abdominal area, which would be a combination subcutaneous and visceral.
Im a firm beliver you cant target belly fat more then a very miniscule amount. You have to loose overall bodyfat and it all tends to come off equally minus a gew genetic factors.

☝ I personally believe both of them are right, and men do tend to store in the spare tire region/abs so while we can't really target one area very well, if most of your fat is in the mid section that's where we're going to lose the most.

Should I be aiming for a least burning 400 cals each session?
in my opinion and experience, yes. 20 minutes is maintenance. 30-40+ is progress. HIIT is good, but increases injury risk and may slow recovery.

Reactions: SBH
BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Right now I've been doing 20 mins. For the first 10 mins, running fast (8.0 and up) for 1 min, and then walking at 3.2 for 1 min. Then for the 2nd 10 min, walking 3.5 at a 13.0 incline. Just kind of experimenting right now. I start to lose interest after 20 mins of being on a treadmill.

I've been on Ursa-gel for a month now. I feel like it's kicking in at the 4-week mark. Also TD B-AET at night time. I think I've lost some weight, but I haven't weighed myself yet. Just keeping my head down and doing the work.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I start to lose interest after 20 mins of being on a treadmill.
I try to get some duolingo spanish practice time in while walking on incline, then I'll separate it out a bit with some short jogs, get back on a duolingo lesson, back to a jog etc. It's not perfect but helps fight boredom

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Right now I've been doing 20 mins. For the first 10 mins, running fast (8.0 and up) for 1 min, and then walking at 3.2 for 1 min. Then for the 2nd 10 min, walking 3.5 at a 13.0 incline. Just kind of experimenting right now. I start to lose interest after 20 mins of being on a treadmill.

I've been on Ursa-gel for a month now. I feel like it's kicking in at the 4-week mark. Also TD B-AET at night time. I think I've lost some weight, but I haven't weighed myself yet. Just keeping my head down and doing the work.
I loose intrest in 10min or less on cardio equipment so i rather punch a heavy bag or play sports for cardio. Ride a bike, go hiking, anything but a tredmill.

When I do use all cardio equipment. I basically bounce from one machine to the next every 5-10 minutes

Leary942

Awards
I loose intrest in 10min or less on cardio equipment so i rather punch a heavy bag or play sports for cardio. Ride a bike, go hiking, anything but a tredmill.

When I do use all cardio equipment. I basically bounce from one machine to the next every 5-10 minutes
I much prefer hiking over basically any other cardio. Just easier on the joints in the long-term. I can't speak much on using machinery, because the only cardio I do is low-impact stuff, like getting my 10,000-15,000 steps in daily. The few times I used treadmills I got off the machines with weird balance issues. Messed up my equilibrium somehow. It was also oddly boring to me, which never happens. Usually when I'm walking/hiking its mentally very therapeutic for me. Almost puts me in a meditative state where I can think more vividly.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
☝ I personally believe both of them are right, and men do tend to store in the spare tire region/abs so while we can't really target one area very well, if most of your fat is in the mid section that's where we're going to lose the most.
For me, its where I store most of my fat but also is the last area to go.

I think it is very possible to target fat in that area, but not in the ways that most people think.

What I mean by that is that there have been so many supposed miracle products that claim to do it that don't, that people just dismiss it and think it can't be done. But there are ways too.

For example, targeting cortisol reduction like via Suppress-C or Reduce XT can help bc cortisol tends to cause fat storage in that area.

Also, Ab-Solved using a localized carrier to deliver Resveratrol, 7-OXO DHEA, Phosphatidylserine, and Punicic Acid directly to fat cells in that area. It's not going to exactly burn them for you, but it can help target them and therefore giving you the ability to burn more yourself.

I think the problem with the misconception is that so many products have marketed themselves like you can rub something on your stomach and sit on the couch and burn fat, and that's absolutely not true. But if you're already putting in the work, there are absolutely products that can help you target that area more effectively.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I much prefer hiking over basically any other cardio. Just easier on the joints in the long-term. I can't speak much on using machinery, because the only cardio I do is low-impact stuff, like getting my 10,000-15,000 steps in daily. The few times I used treadmills I got off the machines with weird balance issues. Messed up my equilibrium somehow. It was also oddly boring to me, which never happens. Usually when I'm walking/hiking its mentally very therapeutic for me. Almost puts me in a meditative state where I can think more vividly.
I like it for the same reason, but only occosionally. My style of cardio is more bpxing and wrestling type stuff, super high intensity, gasping for air and working the whole body in the process. So its cardio/conditioning work.

I try tp get 4-6 hours if HIIT style cardio and another 2-4 steady state like the hike, or bike ride ect.

My day job is basically 8hrs of steady state cardio Which is about the equivalent to walking on a treadmill all day. So i dont see a reason for myself to do steady state or low intensity cardio too often.

I really enjoy hikes tho so i include them When the weather permits

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For me, its where I store most of my fat but also is the last area to go.

I think it is very possible to target fat in that area, but not in the ways that most people think.

What I mean by that is that there have been so many supposed miracle products that claim to do it that don't, that people just dismiss it and think it can't be done. But there are ways too.

For example, targeting cortisol reduction like via Suppress-C or Reduce XT can help bc cortisol tends to cause fat storage in that area.

Also, Ab-Solved using a localized carrier to deliver Resveratrol, 7-OXO DHEA, Phosphatidylserine, and Punicic Acid directly to fat cells in that area. It's not going to exactly burn them for you, but it can help target them and therefore giving you the ability to burn more yourself.

I think the problem with the misconception is that so many products have marketed themselves like you can rub something on your stomach and sit on the couch and burn fat, and that's absolutely not true. But if you're already putting in the work, there are absolutely products that can help you target that area more effectively.
This part-

Screenshot_20240103_121732_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is the reason i often write it off. Im not speaking for everyone, but i am speaking about the large majority of ppl ive interacted With whether it be online or in person as a friend of mine or someone i'm trying to help with their plan.

Soooooo many ppl want that magic pill sooo bad, they wanna take segmaglutide, they wanna take a fat burner and rub ab cream on. But they dont wanna do cardio or eat good Or basically do anything that involves hard work.

But if you'll notice I often say that it won't do very much, I don't say that it won't do anything at all. If your doing Everything right in the first place. And this thing can give you even a 1% advantage. Then I'd say go for it.

But sooooo many ppl come to me looking For a laundry list of drugs and supplements before they've even started working on their diet or doing any cardio at all. So you know they're not gonna do what after they get their supplements or steroids

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
FWIW the most important thing for losing it long term is finding something you can stick to long term and not quit.

After that it does appear aerobic work will cause greater visceral losses than just caloric restriction when compared: A systematic review and meta-analysis on the effects of exercise training versus hypocaloric diet: distinct effects on body weight and visceral adipose tissue

In head to head aerobic does seem more beneficial for visceral loss than resistance training: A systematic review and meta-analysis of the effect of aerobic vs. resistance exercise training on visceral fat

Yet resistance training does still show benefit: Effect of resistance training with and without caloric restriction on visceral fat: A systemic review and meta-analysis

In comparison HIIT doesn't appear more effective in regards to visceral loss: High-intensity interval training is not superior to continuous aerobic training in reducing body fat: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials and Effect of High-Intensity Interval Training on Total, Abdominal and Visceral Fat Mass: A Meta-Analysis

There are potentially many other benefits of resistance training and HIIT, so don't take that as reasons not to do those. Everyone should way the pros and cons and determine what makes sense in their situation for what is best and what they'll stick to.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
One thing I do to keep cardio on treadmill is watch a gopro marathon or like 10k race. It makes it seem like your there and keeps it interesting. But I also do interval training mimicking the army run training we did 30 sec sprint (10+mph), 60 sec jog(6-8mph), 90 sec walk(3-4mph).

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I did a cut last year and I found that just increasing my steps helped a lot. Over the course of a year I average out at about 8000 steps a day. So when I cut I try to get in 9000+ a day. I purposely do more sports type of activities with my kids. If I had the time I too would hike more. Food food food!!!! That’s what will make It or break it. I slowly decreases carbs each week till I hit about .75-1x BW in carbs. That’s pretty low for me and I will not go lower than that. My love handles are the last thing to come off but also I don’t get them till the end of the bulk. But when they come on I gotta get decently lean to get them off.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My love handles are the last thing to come off but also I don’t get them till the end of the bulk. But when they come on I gotta get decently lean to get them off.
Same for me. Easy to put on but hard for them to come off. Wish it was the other way around :ROFLMAO:

J-Test

Awards
Saw a Jay Cutler SHort on YouTube and he was saying he goes between 6 incline and 8 incline; I did that and the fat started melting off. It's tough to do daily, this week I pulled back but am getting back on it.

Also I do the walking fasted.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Saw a Jay Cutler SHort on YouTube and he was saying he goes between 6 incline and 8 incline; I did that and the fat started melting off. It's tough to do daily, this week I pulled back but am getting back on it.

Interesting. I've worked my way up to 15 incline (max) and 3.7 pace, this is on a treadmill.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

for how long?