Long time user of guggle, need to find a new brand

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Need a new Guggulsterones to use . Is organic better or not? I don't want to waste money.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I didn't even know this was still around!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This ingredient if you are using it for nutrition partitioning isn't really the best choice as a stand alone. I would look at something like glycophase from SNS. Does a lot more and will cost about the same.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Not sure if guggulsterones in general are a wise investment http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/270474-coops-corner-thyroid.html
You do have to realize though, that those 'Advertorials' usually appear before a new product is launched - in that case, IIRC, it was 'Shift'.

The only mention of Guggul was:

I run into websites on page 1 that recommend things like “iodine” and “guggulsterones.” Guess what? Not only will these not work, but they are VERY dangerous, with excess iodine actually causing HYPOthyroidism and guggulsterones causing a host of other potential health issues.
1. Iodine is not 'VERY Dangerous', try not getting any :D - that's how we got Iodized Salt in the first place. And it's debatable that the RDA is enough (I mean, are you taking in ONLY 0.36g/pound (0.8g/kg of Protein?)) - especially with all the environmental Bromine floating around, and less foods containing it, like bread. And no ever cries out in terror "DON'T EAT TOO MUCH FISH!!!!!" or Milk, or Salt, or Fortified Cereal, etc.... NOW, drinking a bottle of Lugol's a week is pretty stupid too - IT CAN *possibly* bring latent auto-immune disorders to the surface. That's what the research shows - not enough=bad, a ton=bad, enough=good. "Enough" can certainly be more than 150mcg/day though. I take an extra 1-2mg/week (150mcg/day=1.05mg/week).

2. No mention of all the dangers of Guggul in the rest of the post. Examine doesn't list anything serious that I found (just skimmed though) and maybe some positives re: lipids

https://examine.com/supplements/Guggul/

Obviously check Google (pun intended) for other sources of possible adverse effects.

This stuff has been around forever - I remember it from the 90's - it isn't that popular - which usually means something in the supplement arena.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahhh the days of Syntrax for us old timers

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I never had any problems with guggle. I do not feel it's dangerous. Kinda annoying to post how dangerous something you think something is,, having not tried it. Iodine is fine too but I stopped taking it, gives me dark circles under my eyes.