Any long term Piracetam or racetam users here?

Standup

Banned
Awards
Why do you take them and what have you noticed? I've been taking a number of racetams and nootropics but curious to see what others have seen.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been taking Aniracetam and Oxiracetam stacked with choline for about a month.. I’ve noticed random recalls of events in the past that I haven’t thought of in years.. also a stimulant effect shortly after dosing similar to a strong cup of coffee. As for cognitive boost (which is what I’m after) I think it’s too early to really tell, as from what I understand they have a cumulative effect and really starting hitting at around 4 weeks.. I’m restocking myself to continue but ran into a little bump but hopefully it pulls through and I notice something

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have used oxiracetam to good effect for a couple years. It definitely helps with brain fog... Takes a while to notice the effect, probably easiest to see in a lumosity "brain game" comparison.

Another Interesting racetam, after I had a seizure I was given levitiracetam (Keppra) as a prescription anti convulsant.

Standup

Banned
Awards
I’ve been taking Aniracetam and Oxiracetam stacked with choline for about a month.. I’ve noticed random recalls of events in the past that I haven’t thought of in years.. also a stimulant effect shortly after dosing similar to a strong cup of coffee. As for cognitive boost (which is what I’m after) I think it’s too early to really tell, as from what I understand they have a cumulative effect and really starting hitting at around 4 weeks.. I’m restocking myself to continue but ran into a little bump but hopefully it pulls through and I notice something
I tried piracetam back in the day but it's been awhile and I've noticed there's like 6 different racetams now. Any reason you went with those 2?

Standup

Banned
Awards
I have used oxiracetam to good effect for a couple years. It definitely helps with brain fog... Takes a while to notice the effect, probably easiest to see in a lumosity "brain game" comparison.

Another Interesting racetam, after I had a seizure I was given levitiracetam (Keppra) as a prescription anti convulsant.
Did you notice any nootropics effects from keppra?

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I tried piracetam back in the day but it's been awhile and I've noticed there's like 6 different racetams now. Any reason you went with those 2?
I went with ani and oxi because through what I’ve researched they provide the best long lasting effects (by this I mean tolerance doesn’t seem to build, actually there is a build UP of effects).
I’m mainly interested in Aniracetam’s long term memory boosting and effects on holistic thinking, as well as Oxiracetam’s effects on learning retention and as a study aid.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did you notice any nootropics effects from keppra?
No... It's mainly an anticonvulsant so I was using that only after nasty benzo withdrawal seizure last July.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking aniracetam for about 12 years now. Single most important supplement I've ever taken for career development and progression.

Oxiracetam, phenylpiracetam, piracetam, pramiracetam, and coluracetam. The only one I have not tried is fasoracetam. Feel free to ask away for any anecdotal experiences.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The primary benefits of aniracetam are social in nature due to it being a fairly strong anxiolytic. Speech fluidity, thought organization, and recall. It is the perfect racetam if you speak or need to present material.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The primary benefits of aniracetam are social in nature due to it being a fairly strong anxiolytic. Speech fluidity, thought organization, and recall. It is the perfect racetam if you speak or need to present material.
Agree with this. I have a bottle of aniracetam that I keep in my desk drawer at work for whenever I have to attend meetings or give presentations.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking aniracetam for about 12 years now. Single most important supplement I've ever taken for career development and progression.

Oxiracetam, phenylpiracetam, piracetam, pramiracetam, and coluracetam. The only one I have not tried is fasoracetam. Feel free to ask away for any anecdotal experiences.
I do have a question for you, even though I’m not OP. I’m currently interested in Pramiracetam, and it’s anecdotal “photographic memory” as it pertains to recalling learned material. Was this your experience on the substance? Also there are mixed claims of tolerance, did you experience any tolerance build up?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To a degree it is very good for learning new material, but I can't say that I experienced any photographic memory from it. I get better results for retaining information from noopept. Mainly because Prami is very stimulating and I can't concentrate if I feel too stimmed out. I was taking 400mg at a time. However, I am in the minority as many report this as a benefit and make no mistake, it is very "clear" so you want to learn things.

It's certainly worth trying if you have interest. The only racetam I would not take again is plain old piracetam. That simply did not work as intended for me and made me very slow, foggy, and irritated. I tried multiple brands and dosing schedules.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I haven’t tried Noopept in years, but you say you like it better? I only ask because I’m debating what to try next, and it was between prami Noopept and phenyl.. I also can’t concentrate if I’m TOO stimmed out. I like a moderate stimulation, and am more focused on the ability to retain the information than anything. Do you think a lower dose would of been possible as to lower the stimulation, however still provide the retention of information that is sought after?