Loggin pills like data . . . AnaBeta (PES Beta Testing in Progress)

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Power Back and Bi's

* Pulling Power Movement: Bent over rows
3 sets of 3-5 reps: 135x10, 225x5, 295x5, 315x5, 315x5 => rocking involved on 315 sets
* Assistance Pulling movement: Weighted Chin ups
2 sets of 6-10 reps: bw+50x7, bw+60x6, bw+50x6 => keeping the weight heavy
* Auxiliary Pulling movement: Lat pulldown (little wider than shoulder width)
130x10, 225(rack+5)x8, 230(rack+10)x8, 232.5(rack+12.5)x8
* Auxiliary curling movement: Preacher bicep curls with ez-bar
90x5, 110x3, 90x5 => had to drop because of wrist pain
* Auxiliary curling movement: Seated dB curls (alternating | reps / arm)
50x5, 50x5, 50x5
* Burnout curling movement: Bicep Curls on lat pulldown machine
55x25 drop 40x25 drop 30x25 drop 25x25 raise 30x25 raise 40x25 => whew!

Not so much of strength increases today, but getting crazy lean. Haven't even introduced any fat burners yet (that comes next week ;))

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...getting crazy lean. Haven't even introduced any fat burners yet (that comes next week ;))
Fun times (love getting lean). Also good times (see, fat burners are not necessary for effective and successful fat loss) ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember not too long ago when I valued a fat burner on the same level as proper diet. No more :D
This is a positive change in mindset :thumbsup: NOTHING will ever be of value as the right nutrition and/or training specific for YOU for your goals!

~Rosie~

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
This is a positive change in mindset :thumbsup: NOTHING will ever be of value as the right nutrition and/or training specific for YOU for your goals!

~Rosie~
haha yeah, I came to the realization last september when I was doing a mini cut. Pretty substantial as that started the snowball effect of realizing diet and training are lightyears ahead of supplements, in terms of importance and effects.

Power Chest and Shoulders

* Pressing Power Movement: Flat bench press
3 sets of 3-5 reps: 135x10, 205x3, 235x3, 255x3(PR), 225x5
* Standing military press (no jerk, bar down to chest):
95x5, 125x5, 135x5, 140x3
* Assistance Bench Press Movement: Flat Bench Lockout
225x5, 315x5
* Assistance Bench Press Movement: Flat Bench 1/2 reps
225x5, 275x3, 225x5
* Seated dB lateral raises:
30x10, 35x10, 40x10, 40x10
* Standing dB front raises:
30x8, 35x8, 40x5, 45x5
* Heavy dB flat flys:
60x8, 60x8, 60x12
* Shoulder Press machine Burnout (hammer grip):
100x12 drop 85x8 drop 55x12 drop 40x10 drop 25x12 drop 15x20

PR'd my flat bench again today, my spotter only used two fingers 'for stabilizing' (his words); felt good.

Went a little easier on my chest today to work on my shoulders, which I feel are starting to get a little neglected based on my routine. I need to find another day to fit more exercises into.

Other than that, I have at least 3 more days left, so Im going to make it count :D

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick update today; no need to post my workout as it was nothing out of the ordinary. Did hypertrophy back and abs.

My bent over rows felt much lighter this week and I also bumped up my weight for weighted pullups(+5lb to 30lb).

Tomorrow is hypertrophy lower body, and Im ready to squat my brains out :p

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Alright, Im going to post my full workout from this morning later on (was awesome btw).

Just wanted to drop in and say that my masters project is officially DONE! The last thing I had to do was build a 4bit A/D for my position sensing device (all using transistor logic) and I just got it working. Good thing too because I have to write up my paper and hand everything in by friday ;)

Enjoy

^ sample input signal is on the bottom, b0 is LSB and b3 is MSB

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to drop in and say that my masters project is officially DONE! The last thing I had to do was build a 4bit A/D for my position sensing device (all using transistor logic) and I just got it working. Good thing too because I have to write up my paper and hand everything in by friday ;)
Nice. The feeling of having something like that completed is a great relief :)

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, Im going to post my full workout from this morning later on (was awesome btw).

Enjoy

^ sample input signal is on the bottom, b0 is LSB and b3 is MSB
I have no ideas what that means, but congrats:)

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Nice. The feeling of having something like that completed is a great relief :)
Congrats on finishing the project man...must feel good!
I have no ideas what that means, but congrats:)
thanks guys, definitely feels good to be pretty much done with my entire schooling career, now its off to industry :)

Lower Body Hypertrophy Day

* Speed work: Squats
bar x20, 135x5(front), 225x3, Front squats: 175x3x5
* Leg Presses (plates / side)
4x8, 5x8, 5+25x12
* Lower Back Power Work: Deadlifts
135x5, 225x5, 315x8, 405x1 (raw)
* Fascia stretching Work: Leg Extensions
85x50, 70x50, 90x20 drop 75x10 drop 55x10 drop 40x20
* Fascia stretching Work: Seated hamstring curls
85x50, 70x50

Deep stretching for quads, and hams for 10 minutes => still doing wonders for my recovery

Everything felt good today. Went easy on deads and after my 315 set I decided to just pull 405 raw to see how it felt, and it felt gud :D

Quads started cramping today when I was walking to campus despite my deep stretching. Had to pause twice to stretch on my walk up (got some weird looks, haha)

I think I have 3 days left (rough guess), but I will be sad to see this end. Seems that the results just keep getting better the longer you run it.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Alright forum bros

Been working on revising my report the past couple of days, hence my absence. Loss of sleep and lifting at irregular hours has caused a slight drop in my strength, but nothing too notable.

I have one more day left here . . . :sadwavey:

Thursday Evening Chest, shoulders, tri's

* Flat dB press supersetted with light weight(7.5-10lbs) lateral raises
60x10, 70x5, 85x5, 100x5, 100x6, 100x6
* Close Grip Bench Press
135x8, 185x5, 195x4, 195x4, 135x5
* Seated Lateral Raises // SS // Decline skull crushers
30x10 // 70x10, 35x10 // 70x10, 35x10 // 70x10, 35x10 // 70x10
* Heavy Incline dB Flys
60x8, 60x8, 40x13 => burnt out

Notes: Wasn't planning on lifting, was a long day on campus. Got home and was like, f that of course Im lifting . . . downed a cap of anabeta with a scoop of SP max and hit it nicely.

Today, Legs (different day, different mood)

Lower Body Power Day

* Pressing Power Movement: Squats
3 sets of 3-5 reps: bar x25, 95x8 (front), 135x5 (front), 225x3, 325x3, 330x2, 315x3 => ugh, :(
* Assistance pressing movement: Parallel Box Back Squats (pause reps)
275x3, 265x5, 265x3 => found my problem area for sure
* Assistance pressing movement: Parallel Box Front Squats (pause reps)
95x8, 135x5, 175x5, 195x5, 225x5 => 225 was tough, dont think Ive ever done 5 reps with it (especially pause-and-go reps)
* Assistance extension movement: Leg extensions
85x50, 70x20 drop 55x20 drop 40x15 drop 30x15 => squeezed a the top for the last dropset
* Muscular Endurance Hams: Seated Leg Curls
70x60, 55x60 => owwwww
* Standing Calf Raises (Machine), slow reps with squeeze at top
165x20, 165x20, 130x20 => ouch :D

I wasn't happy with my squat strength today so I decided to change it up and try box squat pause reps. Definitely found my weak area and these will be a staple in my two leg days.

Recomp effects haven't changed much, still noticeable. The real strength test will be my bench tomorrow, as Ive PR'd every week on my 3 rep max. Shooting for 260x3 this week! (yes pansy weight :()

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Alright so scratch what I said yesterday about today being my last day; I found 4 more caps in my food bag :confused:

Power Chest and Shoulders

* Pressing Power Movement: Flat bench press
3 sets of 3-5 reps: bar x20, 105x15, 260x2, 245x3, 245x2.5
* Seated shoulder dB press:
60x10, 70x5, 75x5, 80x5
* Tricep Work: Incline Skull Crushers
70x10, 90x8, 100x8, 80x10
* Assistance Bench Press Movement: Flat Bench pause reps
135x8, 185x5, 185x5, 185x4 => went to failure on last set
* Seated dB lateral raises:
30x8, 35x8, 35x8, 35x8
* Straight bar tricep pushdowns:
70x10, 85x8, 70x10
* Face pulls with rope:
120x10, 130x10, 140x10, 150x10, 160x10

Tried warming up differently this week, and I dont think I responded well to the style. Still pushed up 260 twice which isnt bad but not where I wanted to be. The rest of my benching just felt weak after that (rightfully so after a max attempt)

Seated dB shoulder presses felt awesome today. I haven't done them in a couple months so it felt good to throw up 80s again.

All and all a good lifting day. Now I just need to finish up my report whenever my professor gets around to giving me his last set of revision recommendations :grumpy:

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and I don't know why I haven't noted this before; but recovery time has definitely decreased.

I think I just took it for granted till it dawned on me today that my legs should be destroyed but they feel okay. Realized its been like that for a while, lol.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
just popped my last pill. going to get my final review, pics & measurements up tomorrow.

took my pictures last night . . . feelsgoodman :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and I don't know why I haven't noted this before; but recovery time has definitely decreased.

I think I just took it for granted till it dawned on me today that my legs should be destroyed but they feel okay. Realized its been like that for a while, lol.
This makes everything worthwhile, gives a smile and a :dance:

just popped my last pill. going to get my final review, pics & measurements up tomorrow.

took my pictures last night . . . feelsgoodman :D
I can almost guarantee that you're going to miss AnaBeta-01 from tomorrow - like you miss Erase when you run out of it, and can't wait to get some MORE! Look forward to your final review, Andrew :)

~Rosie~

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so I didnt get a chance to record my final review today, but I promise its coming.

Got my before and after pics up though

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

As you guys can see, bodyfat dropped fairly well and my strength has increased since starting anabeta. You could get the details yourself but I will sum up the important lifts and their deltas when I get the rest of my review up.

Was definitely awesome though. Will buy more when it is released.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Andrew's Final Review of PES Anabeta-01

I'll start with strength changes:

Flat Bench: 245x3 => 260x2
Deadlift: 425x1 => 455x1 +30lbs *
Squat: 325x3 => 325x3 maintained.

Auxiliary lifts increased as well.

* Previous 1 rep max on deadlift was 465x1 back in january

Before/After Measurements (flexed)

Arms(r/l): 15in / 15in
Calves(r/l): 15in / 14.5in
Thighs(r/l): 22in / 22.5/22in
Chest(chest, lats relaxed): 42in / 42in
Forearms(r/l): 12.5in/12.75in / 12.75/12.5 :confused:

I need to note that this was all done while cutting. If the pictures above show anything its a loss of body fat and a small increase in shoulder size. I expected to see more of a loss especially on my legs, but I was pleasantly surprised by this.

THE GOOD:

INTENSE workouts: I compared what I did today to what I did last week and it was completely different. My overall mood and strength was definitely worse off today. Kind of ticked about it, haha

Strength gains on a calorie deficit: Yup, this one is a big one. My weight dropped from ~174 when I started to 169 and some of lifts increased in weight. Others stayed the same, yeah, but some did increase. That alone should illustrate the anabolic properties on its own.

Hungry was bad in the beginning, but I just got used to it.

Recomposition: While Im sure this product did something with my body composition, diet dictates it more than anything. Needless to say, I did lose bodyfat and maintained (/increased) strength.

THE BAD

This might sound childish, but the only thing that bugs me is that I can't get more of it. Nothing worse than being in contest prep and seeing your strength start to drop. I felt it today and just wish I had more to hold off those losses for another month.

Well, that and the smell wasn't too great :ponder: => obviously not much of a concern.

Obviously I would recommend this. I can only imagine the gains I could've had if I took this bulking. Hoping I have the chance to pick up some for that purpose.

One last note, if (when) I do run this again, I'll be picking up two bottles, as I didn't really notice effects until the end of week 2 beginning of week 3. Others did respond differently though, so this is probably just my body. Regardless I thought I would throw it out there.

Big thanks to natty for sending out a bottle for me to run, also thanks to everyone that contributed to the thread. This was for you guys so I hope you learned something.