Log (4/15 to 5/14): Licogenix and nothing else (Not Sponsored)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stop n shop clear splash flavored seltzer and stride spark gum= no snacking! ;)

Um officially starting my cut as of today.. I fell into a baaad habit of eating before bed.. Nut mixes and cereal! Ive gained ~10-12 pounds but no size (maybe 1/4-1/2 inch) in the waist.. All went to my upper body (for once!!) but noticeable softer all around.. Time to get hard n tight.. summer is here!

Loving the log and all your progress

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stop n shop clear splash flavored seltzer and stride spark gum= no snacking! ;)

Um officially starting my cut as of today.. I fell into a baaad habit of eating before bed.. Nut mixes and cereal! Ive gained ~10-12 pounds but no size (maybe 1/4-1/2 inch) in the waist.. All went to my upper body (for once!!) but noticeable softer all around.. Time to get hard n tight.. summer is here!

Loving the log and all your progress
I don't know cheda. I've been pretty clean for a while on calorie deficit. Right now, it's crazy. What I regret is not designing more of a lifting regimen then sticking with the regimen designed to lose weight.

Good luck on your cut. If you log, link me (I finally learned what that meant)

Once I am done here, I am doing a sponsored log. I will send you a link when it's ready. (1-2 weeks) I won't mention it here as I want the discussion here to be for Licogenix only.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By the way, does the seltzer water and stride combo stop the loud stomach growling ?

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 34 (5/18)

Supplements:
2 Licogenix capsules with food x 3 meals (6 caps total)

Diet:
Calorie normal

Exercise:
Leg Extension 10 x 8 (70 lbs)
Leg Curl 10 x 8 (90 lbs)
Leg Press 1 x 15 (225 lbs)
Leg Press 9 x 15 (315 lbs)
Leg Press 1 x 15 (360 lbs)
Leg Press 1 x 25 (360 lbs)

Comments:

Muscle separation - Good muscle separation all over upper body and legs. Things are really coming together.
Vascularity - Veins now show even when relaxed on forearms (inside and outside) When flexed, vein on biceps are now making a regular appearance.
Strength - Strength was there so I added more weight on press and extensions.
Workout Energy - Great energy at the gym.
Normal Energy - Like a plant, sun gives me energy. Sunny all day, felt energized throughout.
Libido - Nice ! Even flirted a little today with women I don't know and got a response. All for fun only of course. : )
Joint Pains - None. This shouldn't even be a category.
Skin - Oily skin with pimples ready to breakout on forehead and near my chin. Ugh !

Another great night of sleep - 7 hours. Sun was out today and I felt great and energetic all day. I checked out my arms few times while working and veins on my hands and forearms are out even at relaxed state. After shower, I checked the mirror few times and I liked what I saw. There is definite muscle separation everywhere. Shoulders and arms are definitely good. Quads and calves are good as well. Upper chest is good and upper back is good. Need to work on abs and lower back. Muscles are hard even in relaxed state and really solid when flexed. What a positive re-enforcement.

I went to the gym after dinner. I was full of energy and went to the leg extension first. Added 20 lbs more than last week and did 8 easy reps. Quads felt good, so I decided to superset with Leg Curls. Kept the same weight for Leg Curls. Completed 10 supersets without resting in between. Legs were pumped and they were ready for more.

Went over to the Leg Press and did the usual warm up set with 45 more lbs than last week. I felt really strong, so I added another 90 lbs to my normal 225 lbs for the next set. I know, this weight is low. I am careful not to hurt my knees, so I try to stay at lower weight and do more reps. However, 225 lbs felt like nothing, so I added 45s on each side to make it 315 lbs. It was definitely harder, but manageable. I went slow for 15 reps for 9 sets and decided to add more. Added 45 lbs on top to make it 360 lbs. I struggled for 15 reps. I rested longer to attack the last set - 2 minutes. I hit 15 reps and my legs felt OK, so I did 10 more for 25 reps total. I think I can stay at these weights without hurting my knees, so I will continue with it next week. Not sure i want to go heavier from here. Just like back, I don't go heavy on legs or have a baseline, so this should not be counted as strength gain. However, it is definitely more than last week and I did manage to finish it so there is a gain of some sort. Got off the machine and staggered to a bench to recover. You know you worked your legs right when you can't walk afterwards.

Working legs really makes your entire body feel good. I sweated a lot throughout and felt euphoric. Seriously. My goal is to lose weight, but more and more I feel like I want to go back to a hypertrophy type of workout.

Looking good Billy Ray !! Feeling good Louis !!!

Onto tomorrow.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good night ol miighty!!! Dem leg presses hurting me just thinking of doing that much weight per volume! Still killing it bro love it!!!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 35 (5/19)

Supplements:

Diet:
Calorie normal

Exercise:
None

Comments:

Muscle separation – No observation today
Vascularity – No observation today
Strength – No Comment today
Workout Energy – No Comment today
Normal Energy – Great energy all day even through leg soreness.
Libido – Excellent.
Joint Pains - None.
Skin - Oily skin again.

As each day passes, we get close to the end of this log. I woke up today with soreness all over my legs and glutes. Hah, I did go all out yesterday and this is my reward. I love it. Although it takes about 10 seconds to shake off the soreness each time I get up, I know each time I feel the soreness it only validates my workout from the previous day. No, I am not looking to take something to get over the soreness. Validation of this type is what I enjoy about lifting. On Leg Press, I lower the weight all the way down where my glutes lift up a bit at the bottom of the movement. I am not an expert on Leg Press and I wonder if I am doing this incorrectly. I treat it more like a deep squat to entice every muscle fiber to fire. When I watch someone else on leg press, they load up the sled with much more weight than I do, but it seems like they only do 2/3 of the movement. Is this to prevent injury ? Hmmmm.

No softball today. We played a doubleheader last week due to schedule change, so we are off. Beautiful day outside and I miss being out there and playing. Decided not to go to the gym and spent the day outside with my girl. Time spent = benefits and result is that libido is excellent !

Just a nice relaxing Saturday.

Since I did not hit the gym today, my chest will pay dearly tomorrow.

Five days to go folks. No pictures this week and I will not weigh in. It's redundant since I will do the final analysis in 5 days. I hope you stay tuned. However, like a bad movie, I think you all have already seen the good parts and know what the final result is going to be. LOL.

Onto tomorrow.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good night ol miighty!!! Dem leg presses hurting me just thinking of doing that much weight per volume! Still killing it bro love it!!!
I paid for it dearly on Saturday and little bit on Sunday. It's all good though. It only shows that the workout must be repeated next week !

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 36 (5/20)

Supplements:

Diet:
Calorie normal

Exercise:
HS Incline Press 11 x 8 (90, 180, 230, 270, 270, 270, 270, 270, 270, 270, 320 lbs)
HS Incline Press 1 x 22 (360 lbs x 6 reps, drop set, 180 lbs x 16 reps)
HS Incline Press 1 x 16 (360 lbs x 5 reps, drop set, 180 lbs x 11 reps)
HS Incline Press 1 x 20 (270 lbs x 9 reps, drop set, 180 lbs x 11 reps)
Dumbbell Curls 10 x 8 (35 lb dumbbells for all 10 sets)
Crossfit Suicide ropes 6 x 35 (35 reps on each arm, alternating)
Machine Chest Flyes 10 x 8 (120 lbs for all 10 sets) superset w/
Machine Chest Press 10 x 8 (100 lbs for all 10 sets)

Comments:

Muscle separation - It's all coming together. My my stomach wasn't so soft, I may actually look pretty decent.
Vascularity - Veins on inner thighs and calves showing. Ode to leg day on Friday I think.
Strength - Strength increase ? No. Muscle endurance increase ? Yes !
Workout Energy - Went to gym after dinner. Iced coffee, tortilla chips with hot salsa, pork burrito and tamale. Two Negro Modelo beer. All in moderation. Energy food of champions. LOL. Yes, this was my cheat meal for the week.
Normal Energy - I am just one relaxed mofo in these parts.
Libido - Up strong again in the AM even after fun night last night.
Joint Pains - None. Nada. Zippo.
Skin - Skin is very oily.

It's good to feel healthy. It's good to have energy. Nice to feel relaxed with energy in reserve. Another beautiful sunny day. I spent most of the day inside however watching baseball. Picked up my GF and took her out to dinner. Did not have a cheat meal this week, so we chose Mexican. Amazing spicy salsa at this place and great comfort food. I think if it did not make me gain weight, I could eat Mexican food all the time. After dinner, I went to the gym looking to destroy.

Chest day today, so I got right on my favorite machine (HS Incline Chest Press) and whipped out 11 sets. Test time. On the 12th set with 360 lbs, the first 4 felt real good, but my arms started to give out on 5th and 6th rep. I got the 7th rep up half way and then my arms gave out. No time to pout. Took 2 plates off each side and pushed up 16 clean reps.

Damn, I could push out 16 reps after dropping down ? I felt disgusted thinking I could have fought more for that extra rep with 360 lbs.

I normally stop here, but I was a bit angry. I loaded up 360 again and did a 13th set. 5 reps at 360, drop set and 11 reps at 180. My chest and arms were pumped and as hard as I have ever felt anytime this year. Muscle endurance. That was encouraging. validation time. Let's do another. 270 lbs this time and pushed up 9 tough reps. Dropped 1 plate from each side and finished it off with 11 reps at 180. Disappointment gone. Now I feel great !!! I actually recorded the last 3 sets on my iphone, but deleted it by mistake. Crap.

My energy was high, so after the DB curls, I went to the crossfit area and did 6 sets of suicide ropes. I was literally done. If your gym has this, you got to try it. I can't go past 35 reps, but you literally go until you can go any further. It works you out like a mofo. I staggered to the machine area and did 10 superset of chest flyes and chest press non-stop. It took me 5 minutes to catch my breath. This is fun ! I love it. I know I am going to feel it tomorrow.

Four days and counting. Lets finish this b*tch off strong.

Onto tomorrow.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 37 (5/21)

Supplements:

Diet:
Calorie normal

Exercise:
Cardio Elliptical (1,181 calories)
Machine Shoulder Press 11 x 8 (70, 100, 130, 160, 160, 160, 160, 160, 160, 160, 180 lbs)
Machine Shoulder Press 1 x 26 (200 lbs x 14 reps, strip down, 120 lbs x 9 reps)
Machine Shoulder Press 1 x 16 (200 lbs x 7 reps, strip down, 120 lbs x 9 reps)
Machine Shoulder Press 1 x 18 (160 lbs x 9 reps, strip down, 120 lbs x 9 reps)
Machine Lateral Raise 12 x 8 (70 lbs for all 10 sets)
Volleyball 5 vs 4 (1 hour and 15 minutes)

Comments:

Muscle separation - Arms were popping out of my short sleeve polos. I could actually see outlines of my shoulders and arms and chest through the shirt.
Vascularity - Veins on biceps appear again when flexing. OK, I flexed my arms in the bathroom at work and because I thought I saw veins running down the side of my biceps. Yep, it's there.
Strength - Decent strength today at the gym.
Workout Energy - Felt great during workout. Have not been out of energy during this run.
Normal Energy - Now it's a given that I would have plenty of energy during the day.
Libido - Not as strong today. :(
Joint Pains - None at all. Although I am experiencing more DOMS lately.
Skin - Oily and about to breakout.

Busy day at work. Had a lot of energy, but was stuck in my office all day. During a trip to the bathroom, while washing my hands, I saw the outlines of my shoulders and arms and chest through my polo shirt. I looked around and flexed my arms a bit. Wouldn't you know it. The but it definitely made me feel good.

After commute home, I popped a large chicken breast and some spicy cabbages in the microwave and changed. I came down and took the plate and went to the gym. I stopped half way to the gym and ate my dinner. I felt good when I got to the gym and started the workout with elliptical. Not crazy energy like usual, but decent enough. Got a good sweat going and finished a decent 60 minute session. Now the meat of the workout - Shoulders. Pumped out 11 sets as usual pretty easily. I felt good and really want 15 on my max weight (200 lbs) today. Too bad, I got it up 14 times. 15th rep went up 2/3 of the way then my arms gave. I immediately dropped the weight to 120 lbs and pushed up another 9. My chest was really hard and pumped today with DOMS from yesterday's workout. So I figured, maxing out twice really worked my chest in a different way ! So I put 200 lbs back on for a 13th set. I got it up 7 times and dropped down and got it up another 9 times. My arms and shoulders were really shot. Lets finish it off. I put on 160 lbs for 9 reps, dropped down to 120 lbs again for another 9 reps. My shoulders really popped out like crazy with pumps. FYI - I always superset the machine laterals with shoulder press until I get to max weight.

Let's finish the day. A lot of good players showed today for volleyball which means a lot of moving and a lot of jumping and diving. A great way to finish the day.

As stated earlier, i don't have joint pains, but I do have serious DOMS. Now I have it on my chest. I am hoping it is due to change I made in overloading at the end of the workout. It's tougher, but I still enjoy that sore feeling. As long as it does not hinder my workout !

Wow, 3 more days left to go with Licogenix. I am getting a little misty eye'd. LOL. Can't wait to weigh in and take some pictures.

Onto 3 more days. Thank you all for hanging on.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never get bored reading your log man, freaking insane. Btw you and PJ it's amazing at the might of strength and volume yall do. Explain to me what hs inclines are? I need to start switching up my workouts.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never get bored reading your log man, freaking insane. Btw you and PJ it's amazing at the might of strength and volume yall do. Explain to me what hs inclines are? I need to start switching up my workouts.
HS incline are Hammer Strength Iso Incline Chest Press. I got tired of writing it out. LOL. I love all hammer strength actually. It gives you good supports while allowing you to go through decent range of motion. I wanted to bench, but wanted to keep things consistent to measure my strength increase got this log. Back to benching in 2 weeks.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh crap man that's probally what I've been doing and didn't realize it lol. We have some in our gym, both were your sitting straight up pressing out or at an incline!!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh crap man that's probally what I've been doing and didn't realize it lol. We have some in our gym, both were your sitting straight up pressing out or at an incline!!
Yep, I think those are it.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 38 (5/22)

Supplements:

Diet:
Calorie normal

Exercise:
Lat Pulldown 10 x 8 (120 lbs for all 10 sets)
HS Lat Pullover 10 x 15 (90 lbs for all 10 sets)
HS Iso Row 16 x 8 (180 lbs for all 16 sets)
HS Iso Row 8 x 8 (230 lbs for all 8 sets)
Machine Dips 24 x 8 (180 lbs for all 24 sets)
HS Iso Front Military Press 10 x 8 (180 lbs for all 10 sets)

Comments:

Muscle separation - Arms and shoulders looked really good while lifting.
Vascularity - All veins mentioned previously are here to stay.
Strength - Felt very strong. Regretted not pushing for more. Wished today was chest day.
Workout Energy - Full of run as they say in horse racing. "I'll have another !"
Normal Energy - Good energy all day. Felt a bit warm though.
Libido - Average again.
Joint Pains - None at all. Really tested them today with a high volume workout. Need to monitor it tomorrow as well.
Skin - Oily. Still waiting for breakout which I know is coming.

Work day was boring. I do have one comment though. My hunger is through the roof. I usually get a salad for lunch and I started loading the plate with grilled chicken. Once I was done, I must have added 1+ lbs of chicken as total weight was over 1.6 lbs. Other items were broccoli, peppers, spinach, spring mix and celeries. Very little low fat dressing - about 2 table spoons. Well the sick thing about this ? I ate the entire salad in one sitting. All that chicken. It was good though and I enjoyed it very much.

When I got home, I took my usual nap for an hour and woke up refreshed. Ran some errands and then went to the gym. After I got inside, I walked away from the elliptical and walked right to the weight area. Yes, it was bound to have happened. I am sick of cardio. After 4-5 days/week regimen for 4 1/2 months, I really don't want to do them anymore. Now I am not disillusioned into thinking that I don't need them. I still have a lot of fat to burn off. I had to make sure I put in a lot of effort lifting to try to offset skipping cardio.

I decided to start with Pulldowns and Pullovers to pre-exhaust my lats. I felt strong and these sets were a breeze. OK, time to row. I felt warmed up enough, so I immediately went to 180 lbs and completed 16 sets rather easily. The weight did not feel heavy at all. I added 50 lbs more and completed another 8 sets. Now these felt good and weight was just right. Slight increase again in weight without sacrificing volume. Gotta love that. To get the heart going continuously, I supersetted the rows with machine dips. So no rest between 24 supersets. It felt amazing. Aerobically, I did not feel tired at all. I felt strong and lifted with purpose. Could I have added more weight ? I started thinking since the weight overload was not that great. I think I should have pushed a little more and regretted not doing so. I think I could have done some damage to the PR if today was chest or shoulder day. I was done with back and I did not want to leave. I saw a new machine in the area. Hammer strength Iso Front Military Press. Oh I got to try that ! I did 10 sets on it and I loved it. It hit the shoulders at a different angle and hit upper chest a bit as well. Definite add for future workouts.

DOMS from yesterday have started to fade and I hardly felt any soreness today. Also, no joint pains. I did a total of 78 sets with very little rest and I thought I would feel some pressure on my wrists, elbows and shoulders. Nothing yet. I guess I will know more tomorrow.

Two more days ??? Seriously ???
This sucks big time.

One more big lift day left and one cardio day left. I am trying to weasel out of the cardio day. Maybe I can do something with the cross training ropes. We shall see.

Onto 2 more days till completion : (

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
HS incline are Hammer Strength Iso Incline Chest Press. I got tired of writing it out. LOL. I love all hammer strength actually. It gives you good supports while allowing you to go through decent range of motion. I wanted to bench, but wanted to keep things consistent to measure my strength increase got this log. Back to benching in 2 weeks.
Yeah I saw the HS, figured it was hammer strength. I read a few logs on here and I have seen a good handful of people use them. Typically it's a finisher or something to use if you have an injury I always heard, but I through some in my routine my last work out.

Yeah you guys have some crazy volume & good strength. Me personally I won't have that volume cause I need to do cardio at the end, I've neglected it for too long.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I saw the HS, figured it was hammer strength. I read a few logs on here and I have seen a good handful of people use them. Typically it's a finisher or something to use if you have an injury I always heard, but I through some in my routine my last work out.

Yeah you guys have some crazy volume & good strength. Me personally I won't have that volume cause I need to do cardio at the end, I've neglected it for too long.
Hammer strength is good for someone in there middle ages like me. LOL.

I also need to do more cardio. I increased my lifting volume when I noticed that my interest in cardio started waning.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hammer strength is good for someone in there middle ages like me. LOL.

I also need to do more cardio. I increased my lifting volume when I noticed that my interest in cardio started waning.
Yeah, I need to do cardio because I never do it. Running is what I need to do. I have shoulder issues sometimes, so I hit the hammer when my shoulder bothers me.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome updates man, like I said, best log ever!

78 sets! Thats a killer workout. Sucks there is only 2 days left:(

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome updates man, like I said, best log ever!

78 sets! Thats a killer workout. Sucks there is only 2 days left:(
Yeah. I will be off from AI for 8 weeks. Then I will be back on it.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a note as a follow up to yesterday's update. No joint pains at all today. My arms are stiff and HARD and my back is a little sore. I think I did good last night.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Playoff basketball tonight. Might be a good day to knock out a long cardio session for the week.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 39 (5/23)

Supplements:

Diet:
Calorie normal

Exercise:
Cardio Elliptical (1,537 calories, 70 minutes)

Comments:

Muscle separation - No observations today.
Vascularity - Still there even through higher calories.
Strength - Cardio today so no observations.
Workout Energy - Not insane, but between good and insane.
Normal Energy - Another good day.
Libido - Just normal.
Joint Pains - No pain. Some DOMS in my triceps.
Skin - Less oily today.

Lots of chicken, fresh vegetables, a protein bar, banana, 98% lean burger all adding up to calorie maintenance. I feel like eating all the time. I felt good all day which makes work more fun. Still have alpha feeling and confidence is through the roof.

Libido has been down for few days now. Here is my history when I take T-boosters. (I know Licogenix is not technically a T-booster) My libido will be high for couple weeks and then the effects would go away. I am surprised I had over 4 weeks of peak libido during this run. I am happy with this result.

My muscles are full and hard, but with the increased calories, I do feel a bit bloated. I had to do some cardio today to get some bloat out. I went to the gym and luckily we had NBA playoffs on. About 80 minutes to closing, so I set the machine for 60 minutes. Great energy and lots of sweating. Did not pay much attention to the time as I watched the game. When the 60 minutes was over, I immediately added 10 minutes. When it was all said and done, I burned 1,537 calories. Just 3 calorie shy of 20 cal/min pace. Not bad.

I felt energetic leaving the gym and less bloated. Psychologically I feel a bit leaner and the muscles are not as full, but just as hard.

My triceps were especially hard today and I feel DOMS in that area on both arms. Boy I love that feeling. The requisite 2 day delayed reaction from press movements earlier this week. No signs of joint pains.

We are down to 1 day now. Time passes quickly when you do something you enjoy.
I have to start thinking about next steps and what I want to do as far as supplements are concerned. I have HGH booster and T booster coming. Will log those for a month and then probably go into serious dieting for a month with fat burners. Back to AI in August I think after a much needed 8 week break.

Onto the final day of dosing.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Great log and shame it's coming to an end but the final review should be good. I'm looking forward to trying Lico myself next month although I was planning to use it for a cut but with most users saying it increases the appetite, it may end up being more of a recomp.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great log and shame it's coming to an end but the final review should be good. I'm looking forward to trying Lico myself next month although I was planning to use it for a cut but with most users saying it increases the appetite, it may end up being more of a recomp.
Thanks warsteiner !
For me it definitely ended up being more of as recomp. I think it is due mostly to increase in T level as I had the requisite side effects as well - (acne, appetite, aggression,...etc)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This has been one of the best logs I've ever been a part of. I will def be following any of his logs for sure. Amazing strength and dedication, glad you had me bro. BTW jump on a plane and meet me here tomorrow in Bama, so you can play with us in a Friday night one pitch!!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This has been one of the best logs I've ever been a part of. I will def be following any of his logs for sure. Amazing strength and dedication, glad you had me bro. BTW jump on a plane and meet me here tomorrow in Bama, so you can play with us in a Friday night one pitch!!
Thanks Packers. The regulars like yourself checking in almost daily really made this a fun logging experience. It also helped that Licogenix ended up being one amazing product. I almost felt like I had to go to the gym because I just took Licogenix. Why let it go to waste ?

With all due respect, if I was in a position to just hop on a plane like that I am going further south to the Caribbean and spend time with the beautiful Latinas.....I mean my girlfriend. LOL.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with ya Packers, lots of dedication here.

Caribbean and women sound fun :D

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's it. Just took my last dose. Time to go hit the last workout. Hope to make it a good one.

: (

image-3497100661.jpg

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol bro I don't blame you at all and I loved your log and will def be following more of yours to come.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have a good workout!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 40 (5/24)

Supplements:

Diet:
Calorie normal

Exercise:
Cardio Elliptical (1,509 calories, 75 minutes)

Leg Extension 12 x 8 (80 lbs) supersetted with
Leg Curl 12 x 8 (90 lbs)

Leg Press 1 x 15 (230 lbs)
Leg Press 9 x 15 (320 lbs for all 9 sets)
Leg Press 4 x 15 (370 lbs for all 4 sets)
Leg Press 1 x 25 (400 lbs)

Comments:

Muscle separation - Nothing different than what has been mentioned throughout this log
Vascularity - The vein on right arms showed prominently. Its actually a bit curly.
Strength - Added weight, sets and reps. Got through just fine.
Workout Energy - Great energy and all around good feeling at the gym.
Normal Energy - I did not get much sleep last night and felt a bit tired. But nothing like what I experienced prior to this log where I literally wanted to fall asleep.
Libido - Better today. Skirts everywhere in the building at work.
Joint Pains - For the last time.....NONE.
Skin - Very oily again. Strangely, still no breakouts.

Did not get much sleep last night, so I was tired in the morning. Tired, but hunger was kicking in. Tried to snack a bit to keep the hunger away. Some pistacios and banana. At the salad bar, I grabbed all chicken and couple pieces of pepper and broccoli. Afternoon was better as I was distracted by a lot of women walking by in summer dresses. Energy started to build in the afternoon and by the time I got home, I was ready to go. Last workout for this log and I was feeling great. Ate a quick dinner of chicken, beef and broccoli and I was off.

When I arrived, I was full of energy. Started with a nice long session of cardio. Luckily, Miami vs Indiana was on TV. Gotta make this one count....right ? After 75 minutes at +20 cals/min, I was a sweaty mess. My shirt was soaked and my sweat was all over the floor. Took some time out to properly clean the machine and I moved on to Leg Extensions. Leg Curl machine is right next to it, so superset was in order. I did 2 more sets than normal 10 sets and added a bit of weight on extensions. My legs were hard and warmed up. Lets finish strong on the Leg Press.

I added slightly more weight than last week and completed first 10 sets rather easily. I made sure to go slow with full range of motion. I added 50 lbs for a personal high on this lift of 370 lbs. I usually do 15 reps then do max reps on next set for about 25 reps. I decided to change things up. Instead of 2, I did 4 sets at 15 reps only. Why did I not go all out on last set ? Because I was going to do one final set at 400 lbs - a new all time high. After 25 ridiculously hard reps later, I was drenched and exhausted. I laid there for about 5 minutes and tried to get up. LOL. No such luck. I had to rollover and grab the machine to support myself to get up. I staggered out of the gym knowing I did all I could.

Eventhough I worked the legs, my whole body was tired. This may well be the change I need to get through the next wall.

Well....that's all folks. I am done.

I am going to sit back and think about this run carefully and I will have the final review up by Sunday at the latest. Maybe sooner.

Onto the final review.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sale at Nutraplanet !!!
Lots of good deals. For the interest of this log....Licogenix at $23.99

Stocking up for later this year. Oh yeah !

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome sales going on everywhere!! Lic for that price is a steal!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sale at Nutraplanet !!!
Lots of good deals. For the interest of this log....Licogenix at $23.99

Stocking up for later this year. Oh yeah !
Yeah pretty amazing deal on Lico :D

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Based on many positive reviews on AM, I decided to purchase 2 bottles of Licogenix and log my experiences unsponsored.

My reason for purchasing Licogenix was to continue on the road to losing weight and improving my health. I lost 30 lbs before I started Licogenix in about 3 months. No drastic changes. Just steady 2-3 lbs a week. I used Erase Pro with various supplements and really liked the leaning effect it provided. I took a short layoff and was ready to run Erase Pro again when I started reading about Licogenix. People were reporting similar results as Erase Pro and Licogenix was about half the price based on which store you go to. Hmmm, similar results at 1/2 the price ? I am in ! It also helped that many Licogenix reviewers were people who are respected in this AM community.

Why did I decide to run this solo ? Some one made a valid constructive criticism on one of my earlier logs. If I run so many supplements, how do I know which one was responsible for the result ? It was a good point. I needed to know if Licogenix was for real. So goes the story and my log that followed.

Quick summary of my plan

Weight training style: Compound exercise with volume
Cardio style: 60-70 minutes on elliptical 3-4 times a week
Sports: Currently playing Volleyball (1 night per week - 2 hours), Tennis (varies), Softball (1 game per week)
Job: Office job where I rarely move out of my seat.

Diet:
Calorie deficit weekdays at 10% below BMR.
Calorie maintenance or surplus of no more than 10% above BMR.
2 cheat meals per week based on type of food like (mexican food, pasta,...etc) (No pigging out)

Supplement:
Licogenix (Athletix) at max dosage of 2 capsules with each of 3 main meals.

Duration:
40 days

FINAL RESULTS

Weight
Starting weight = 235.0 lbs, End weight = 228.2 lbs, Change = -6.8 lbs

Comment(s): This is slightly over -1.1 lbs per week. While I would like to have seen more weight loss, I definitely noticed a recomposition effect. I am happy with this result.

Muscle separation
Saw visible increase in size and definition of chest, shoulders and upper back. Decrease in size of love handles and upper abs.

Comments: I am not sure the pictures do it justice. I see noticeable change in definition and in some areas, definitely less bulk and bloat. I hear comments from many who think I have made a huge change so far. Comments related to being leaner and certain muscles being swole. I even have others in their 20s come up to me at the dungeon asking me how long it took to get that big. I do look pretty lean and mean with a muscle shirt on covering the soft underbelly ! LOL.

Vascularity
Veins appear at resting state on my hands, inner and outer forearms.
Veins appear when flexing on left shoulder and both biceps. They are not huge yet, but they are out.

Comments: I want that long vein going down my biceps. For the first time, it looks to be a possibility. Maybe in another 6 months of dedicated lifting and dieting and Licogenix cycled somewhere along the way, they will appear at resting state. I am not a vein guy per se as I was always the "fullback" or the "nose tackle" and I was always lifting and eating for strength for that purpose. Then I stopped lifting regularly about 10 years ago. It's been a long road back and now I want that leaner look with veins. For some reason, seeing those veins pumps me up psychologically.

Strength
Base-lined 2 lifts. Strength increase measured in number of reps.
Hammer Strength Incline Chest Press @360 lbs - Start = 4 reps, End = 7 reps, Change = + 3 reps
Life Fitness Shoulder Press @200 lbs - Start = 6 reps, End = 14 reps, Change = + 8 reps

Comments: At my gym, these are the max weights you can load on these machines. So the only way to measure strength increase was to measure how many reps I could do. Sort of like the NFL combine. The strength for Chest Press increased early then stabilized. I am happy with the 3 rep gain. Sometimes there are plateaus you have to conquer and it maybe 8 reps for this lift. Shoulder press when up 8 reps. I am ecstatic about this as each day I felt getting stringer on this lift. Throughout, I added weight subtly on various lifts with success. No baseline to compare it to so I am not using the numbers to validate. I will add a comment that as each day passed, I felt much stronger and each lift seem to get easier.

Workout Energy
Licogenix is not a pre-workout supplement, however I noticed a huge increase in aerobic capacity with most workouts easily lasting +2 hours.

Comments: I could literally stay on the elliptical for hours at max resistance. One hour was easy, so I had to add HIIT. One and 1/2 hours seems to be a good length, but sometimes I did not want to stay that long nor did I have the time. I sweated like crazy and loved the lean feeling after I get off. Muscle endurance has improved significantly as well. I kept adding sets on back and leg days. I try not to go heavy due to past back issues and I always try to be careful with my knees. So instead of adding weight, I overloaded by adding sets. It ended up at 12 sets for 15 reps on Leg Press and 24 sets for 8 reps on Back Rows. This gave me a good cardio effect which I am starting to love - lifting for cardio. Workouts are a joy due to excess energy I had each time i went into the gym.

Normal Energy
Whether I had little sleep or 8 hours of sleep, I felt great 90% of the time the next day. Most days, I had excess energy at alpha state and abundance of confidence.

Comments: Not much else to add other than what I wrote above. Just a happy and confident SOB at work these days.

Libido
Libido was high for about 5 weeks before it started to tail off slightly to normal state.

Comments: Always up and rock hard as it has ever been since my twenties. Performance success everytime and little things trigger reaction which I had to watch when at work. When I take T-boosters, libido increases for about 2 weeks and then tail off significantly to below average. I have abused PH in the past and it probably F'd up my system. With Licogenix, it lasted 4 weeks. It tailed off a little, but not to a state where I have issues. It's at a level just about average now.

Joint Pains
Not a single instance of joint pain anywhere that I could attribute to Licogenix.

Comments: As advertised. Nothing noticed in this category. FYI - I also did not have issues with erase Pro.

Skin
My skin, especially on my face, was oily on most days during this run. I had to make a point to goto the bathroom 3-4 times a day to wash my face.

Comments: This was a pain to deal with. Skin was always oily and I had to wash my face before meetings. It did not bother my confidence, but why turn off the ladies ? : ) Oily skin - probably a sign of increased T-level. I did not have any water related bloating, but I don't know if Licogenix really helped me stay dry.

Final Thoughts
I think Athletix has a winner here. It's a winner for me at least. I saw measurable strength increase and weight loss. I also feel much leaner and there is definitely signs of recomposition. My gains were more like when I took T-boosters in the past without the bloat that I usually get. (DAA makes me bloated and hold water)

Big surprise for me was the energy increase. Maybe it's because I don't use PWO regularly ? unexplanable but very happy with it none the less. Some subjective comments - good mood, confidence, alpha feeling, high day to day energy and increase in libido.

What more can you want from a natty supplement ???
If your expectations are realistic, I think you will be more than happy with your results. I certainly am.

I can't think of anything negative other than my 2 bottles are out and I have to wait 2 months to get back on this.
I already purchased a stash to cover rest of this year. Thank you Nutraplanet Memorial day sale !

I want to thank everyone who stopped by to lend support and give encouragement. It was my pleasure logging this product.

Before/After Pictures

start front relax.jpg
Final front relaxed.jpg

start bicep.jpg
Final front bicep.jpg

start muscular.jpg
Final front muscular 3+.jpg

start back bicep.jpg
Final front back 2+.jpg

start side.jpg
Final side relaxed 2.jpg

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Awesome final review.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love the final review. Licogenix is definitely good stuff. I really need to take time off since I have done the Lico, Titanium, Div1 and Anabeta Elite over the last 8 weeks. I really don't want to take a break lol

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love the final review. Licogenix is definitely good stuff. I really need to take time off since I have done the Lico, Titanium, Div1 and Anabeta Elite over the last 8 weeks. I really don't want to take a break lol
Thanks cubsfan.

I may be pushing the limits as I was on AI for 8 weeks, took 4 weeks off, got back on AI for 6 weeks and I am now going to run T-booster for 4 weeks.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks cubsfan.

I may be pushing the limits as I was on AI for 8 weeks, took 4 weeks off, got back on AI for 6 weeks and I am now going to run T-booster for 4 weeks.
I know some people run DAA for months at a time. I honestly don't want to take a break lol. I still have unopened bottle of OG anabeta, and unopened Div 1 lol

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know some people run DAA for months at a time. I honestly don't want to take a break lol. I still have unopened bottle of OG anabeta, and unopened Div 1 lol
You are stocked up !!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I get a lot of acne from DAA though. :/

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get a lot of acne from DAA though. :/
I have yet to try a DAA product. I am just finishing the ABE and I have pimple outbreak on face, back shoulders and like 6 big pimple on my thighs. I suppose its really kicking in and I'm 1 day from end of bottle lol

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got to say one of if not the best log I've followed in a long time!!! Awesome posts, and you can def see a difference in the pics brother! Just remember to keep ol Packers posted on any new logs you do bro!

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Great final review and the decrease in love handles on the back pic and stomach on the side pic is very noticeable. It looks a lot more than 7lbs of fat lost so definitely a recomp going on.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great final review and the decrease in love handles on the back pic and stomach on the side pic is very noticeable. It looks a lot more than 7lbs of fat lost so definitely a recomp going on.
Thank you warsteiner !
I appreciate the comments !!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What an amazing final review, thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to put on such an amazing detailed log.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What an amazing final review, thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to put on such an amazing detailed log.
Thank you JD. This was fun actually. As I stated earlier, if everything works and you feel like you are making gains everyday, it's not so difficult to come in here and write about it. Thanks for your support along the way.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got to say one of if not the best log I've followed in a long time!!! Awesome posts, and you can def see a difference in the pics brother! Just remember to keep ol Packers posted on any new logs you do bro!
Thank you Packers !!!
It was great exchanging comments with you. It was awesome to sign on to find your comments on my log. It really helped me stay on track. I am starting another log on Friday and I will PM you and anyone who else wants it, the link to that log. That log is with 2 products. HGH booster and T booster stacked for 30 days.