Let's talk Ursolic Acid...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There is science based on mice and there is the real world. Trust me, the spray is way way better

taking larger dosages orally doesnt seem to overcome the limitations of bioavailablity. Its likely that only so much can be absorbed orally at one time and beyond that you cant do anything
This. Solubility presents very differently in humans vs mice.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is science based on mice and there is the real world. Trust me, the spray is way way better

taking larger dosages orally doesnt seem to overcome the limitations of bioavailablity. Its likely that only so much can be absorbed orally at one time and beyond that you cant do anything
I dont understand why you and others keep saying such things when the science based on mice is the reason why everyone is interested in ursolic acid in the first place. Kind of silly...

A study investigating the intestinal uptake of ursolic acid (from an ethanolic extract of Sambucus chinensis) found that a dose contributing 80mg/kg bodyweight ursolic acid had about an 0.6% oral bioavailability based on the compound's AUC.[SUP][12]

[/SUP]Liao Q, et al. LC-MS determination and pharmacokinetic studies of ursolic acid in rat plasma after administration of the traditional chinese medicinal preparation Lu-Ying extract. Yakugaku Zasshi. (2005)

A similar study on oleanolic acid (almost same structure as ursolic) showed same low bioavailability

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17163409

Why do you keep posting this? We don't really care about bioavailability when we saw anabolic results in the mice. It had poor bioavailability in mice too. They still got the gainz. We all know it has poor solubility.

Let's not forget that the higher dose rat group also experience worse results.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I dont understand why you and others keep saying such things when the science based on mice is the reason why everyone is interested in ursolic acid in the first place. Kind of silly...

Why do you keep posting this? We don't really care about bioavailability when we saw anabolic results in the mice. It had poor bioavailability in mice too. They still got the gainz. We all know it has poor solubility.

I am just trying to come up with explanations as to why my topical product is so much superior to the extract capsules.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
My guess is that they reached an absorption maximum at 0.14 percent and that the higher dose group was a bit lower simply due to natural variation. IN other words, more did not equate to better results because they couldnt absorb anymore

That is my opinion of course, and my guess. There is not enough data to make any conclusions of course

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Why do you keep posting this? We don't really care about bioavailability when we saw anabolic results in the mice. It had poor bioavailability in mice too. They still got the gainz. We all know it has poor solubility. .

Yes the mice got gains. Mice get gains from beta-ecdysterone too

perhaps the mice would have gotten even better gains if they were administered ursolic by a way that got more into their system??

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
hmm...so did the Doc ever respond to the concerns over the whole hearth health / DNA damage issue? The DNA damage issue would be a pretty big red flag wouldn't you think? At least something that deserves more attention?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
hmm...so did the Doc ever respond to the concerns over the whole hearth health / DNA damage issue? The DNA damage issue would be a pretty big red flag wouldn't you think? At least something that deserves more attention?
So all the studies where it promotes health in animals and protects against cancer take a back seat to an in-vitro study showing effects on DNA under lab conditions?

I am not very concerned when the whole of the literature is taken into consideration. You have to take studies in context. am not concerned about vitamin C either despite this

Can Vitamin C Damage DNA? - ScienceNOW

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough Pat, was just curious cuz the doc said he'd get back and comment on the literature months ago and it just looks like the topic dropped off. I'm just really curious cuz I wanted to buy a two pack of the spray this Friday, then I read that and was hesitant.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Fair enough Pat, was just curious cuz the doc said he'd get back and comment on the literature months ago and it just looks like the topic dropped off. I'm just really curious cuz I wanted to buy a two pack of the spray this Friday, then I read that and was hesitant.

ursolic acid is a very extensively studied compound. vitamin C is too of course. Anything that is so extensively studied will have some stuff on it which suggests some undesirable properties. That is why you have to take the WHOLE of the literature into consideration

I could point out a flaw in the most beautiful girl in the world and if you dwell on that flaw and/or take it out of context then you can screw up a great opportunity to get laid

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
ursolic acid is a very extensively studied compound. vitamin C is too of course. Anything that is so extensively studied will have some stuff on it which suggests some undesirable properties. That is why you have to take the WHOLE of the literature into consideration

I could point out a flaw in the most beautiful girl in the world and if you dwell on that flaw and/or take it out of context then you can screw up a great opportunity to get laid

LOL... :beerchug: Very well put PA.

matter2003

matter2003

Awards
I have read studies that show Ursolic Acid causes DNA damage, which has really led me away from trying it...can't post the links because I don't have enough posts, but if you google "ursolic acid dna damage" the study comes up as the first link titled

"Ursolic acid causes DNA-damage, p53-mediated, mitochondria- and caspase-dependent human endothelial cell apoptosis, and accelerates atherosclerotic plaque formation in vivo"

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I have read studies that show Ursolic Acid causes DNA damage, which has really led me away from trying it...can't post the links because I don't have enough posts, but if you google "ursolic acid dna damage" the study comes up as the first link titled

"Ursolic acid causes DNA-damage, p53-mediated, mitochondria- and caspase-dependent human endothelial cell apoptosis, and accelerates atherosclerotic plaque formation in vivo"
Go back a page and read the comments. What you said has already been covered

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MadStax Anabolics 37
BigKrabbe Supplements 37
Supplements 95
Supplements 6
GreenEarth Anabolics 1