Let's talk about Defuse.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seems like an underrated supplement that could be useful for more than just cheat meals. I got some for a good deal and figure I'd try it on a mass gaining phase. Basic recommendations for Defuse are 3-4 weeks max at using the full dosage (4 caps, 2x a day) and I've heard some use 4 caps 1x a day for a much longer duration. Since Defuse doesn't actually prevent nutrient absorption and just stops fat gain from happening, I think this would be great for a lean bulk. Anyone else try it like this? I've only seen 1-2 posters using it like this.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I personally havent used it so i cant say anything with my opinion but in to see how it works.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I wouldn't use it in a bulk.

Are there mechanisms that could be useful? Sure

Generally speaking a lot of these same mechanisms also inhibit hypertrophy.

+antioxidants
+ dsade recommended not to use too long

This us a great supplement for being able to minimize damage from cheat meals but not for continual use, IMO.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't use it in a bulk.

Are there mechanisms that could be useful? Sure

Generally speaking a lot of these same mechanisms also inhibit hypertrophy.

+antioxidants
+ dsade recommended not to use too long

This us a great supplement for being able to minimize damage from cheat meals but not for continual use, IMO.
I didn't know it had antioxidants. Hmm. I guess it could be dosed far away from workouts, but also, like I said, dsade recommends a maximum of 21 days on full dosage. I figure you could have a planned mass gaining phase where you beat the crap out of yourself for 3 weeks then deload, haha.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been meaning to try it but unfortunately haven't had a chance to :(

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
I tried it last year when I went on vacation. I definetly gained fat, but it came off rather quickly when I returned to diet and training. I have another vaca coming up in May and I'll get another bottle

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was designed for the purpose of damage control for huge cheat meals and that is the best purpose for it. Matt has said it could be used during a bulk, but this is definitely not a long term use product. It's best to use all at once or sporadically for big cheat meals (that's how I use it). It will inhibit fat gain, but it is not going to keep a 5000 calorie meal from having an effect. The goal is to lessen the effect of that giant cheat.

You can read more on the write-up and the science here.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/evomuse/238248-evomuse-defuse-writeup.html

We have more feedback on people who use it to mitigate fat gain while cutting, but that doesn't mean it can't be effective on a bulk. I would have to dig around our feedback to see if we have some people who have done that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MadStax Anabolics 37
BigKrabbe Supplements 37
Supplements 95
GreenEarth Anabolics 1
Weight Loss 2