Letrozole for gyno?

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I posted this in the PCT forum and didn't get a response so I thought I'd try my luck here. :)

I've had a lump from gyno on my right pec for a few years now from TRT prior to starting on anastrozole to control estrogen levels. I'm wondering if a short term protocol using Letrozole would help reduce the size of the lump or if surgery to have the lump removed is my only alternative at this point.

If short term (6 - 8 weeks) dosing with Letro is a viable option in my case, what is the recommended protocol? I believe the Letro I have are 2.5mg tabs.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Letrozole could work by crushing estrogen, because there would be no estrogen to bind to the breast receptors. This is a harsh method and probably not how I’d go about it. Using raloxifene would be the better way to go imo. Raloxifene would selectively prevent estrogen from binding to the breast receptors, and it wouldn’t crash your estrogen in doing so. One thing to note is that raloxifene generally takes a while to work, so you’d have to run it a few months. I think 60mg tends to be most common for gyno reversal.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't know if any of you guys keep up with the NEST fitness channel but he is claiming new research shows that long term nolva treatment is showing the most promise for helping gyno. If I can find the actual study again I'll post another link...but when I read through it a couple weeks ago it seemed very promising. I have actually started trying this myself to possibly reverse small gyno. If I get some results I'll throw out a thread on it.

https://youtu.be/0QaKPMFrVjw

Last edited:
AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't know if any of you guys keep up with the NEST fitness channel but he is claiming new research shows that long term nolva treatment is showing the most promise for helping gyno. If I can find the actual study again I'll post another link...but when I read through it a couple weeks ago it seemed very promising. I have actually started trying this myself to possibly reverse small gyno. If I get some results I'll throw out a thread on it.

https://youtu.be/0QaKPMFrVjw
There’s a decent amount of studies showing that raloxifene is better. Raloxifene binds 10x stronger to the breast receptor and is easier on side effects overall.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There’s a decent amount of studies showing that raloxifene is better. Raloxifene binds 10x stronger to the breast receptor and is easier on side effects overall.
Good info! Thanks!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you plan on continuing your use of steroids, then it’s best to get the surgery.
I had the option 10 years ago to have it, and covered by insurance but decided against it, it is a constant battle. Goes away, comes back, goes away again......and this viscous cycle repeats over and over.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you plan on continuing your use of steroids, then it’s best to get the surgery.
I had the option 10 years ago to have it, and covered by insurance but decided against it, it is a constant battle. Goes away, comes back, goes away again......and this viscous cycle repeats over and over.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Surgery definitely is the most effective option haha. How exactly was it covered by insurance if you dont mind?

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Surgery definitely is the most effective option haha. How exactly was it covered by insurance if you dont mind?
The doctor labeled it as a tumor and wanted to remove it to be safe.