Layne Norton podcast... HIIT is about 11 times more potent then.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its one of my favorite podcasts at this point....however they don't do episodes nearly as often as they should lol....just be selfish there

pmdied

Awards
Really good stuff . Changed my view of cardio/fat loss

pmdied

Awards
When I road/mountain bike (10 years ago) race we used to do 30 second sprints on our Cyclops Fluid trainers. Thinking back now I believe the effects/results were similar to what the HIIT training discussed in this podcast provides. I used to also train on an early PowerTap rear wheel and my sprint outputs were 1100 watts for 10 seconds interval sprints. My legs used to hurt so bad I had to get off the bike and lay down. Maybe time to bust out my race bike and fluid trainer and have at it. With the index shifting on a road bike you can quickly shift up gears and intensity to gain the desired effect described from using the Wingate bike...

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
i have been doing HIIT with a jump roap and battle ropes, going to try and use one of the bikes this week....

pmdied

Awards
Nearly threw up doing 4 - 20 second sprints on the bike after dead lifts this morning.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
love HIIT cardio for during my cutting phase. i havent found anything better (for me)

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
love HIIT cardio for during my cutting phase. i havent found anything better (for me)
And its fun.... Smashing battleropes to the point where you want to pass out for a solid 20 seconds (full body, two handed slam down as hard and fast as you can) is a great stress reliever
!!!!