lab results..... estradiol high?

Dsuemg

Awards
200mg trt split dosed weekly...... just got labs back. SHBG 7.4 (range 10-50). Free Test 385 (range 46-224) Test bioavailable 828 (range 110-575) Total test 1073 (range 250-1100)
ESTRADIOL shows up at 84pg/ml (range <=39).
I have anastrozol but the dr is always telling me my numbers are "where he wants them". Is that estrogen number high enough to warrant bringing it down?
I've notice my emotions are all over the place, drive is way down, but then i start wondering if it is in my head.
What are SURE SIGNS to look for that would tell me E2 is high enough to start the AI? Dr. doesn't seem to know or care to address it.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think most people prefer to have it a bit higher than risk having it too low. If you are trying to get bigger then try .25mg arimadex with every shot of test. If you are not concerned so much with getting big and just want a better quality of life than try lowering each shot to 75-80mg.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It isn't TRT when you are well into the supraphysiological range... you are blasting

Dsuemg

Awards
to be very clear i was sent to trt after my family practitioner ran me through the ringer from PSA test to petuitary gland ct scans and blood work what seemed like every other month chasing why i had low test and sky high prolactin levels.
i didn't fish for a dr nor know anything about trt until i got put on a path that i am unfortunately learning as i go through questions like the one i asked.
my test levels BEFORE they would even put me on trt were sub 200 for a year then my insurance would cover it.
I'm not explaining to justify what i am doing, simply making sure i'm clear on the fact that i am trying to feel better vs using trt as an excuse to blast.
i question every lab as to if i'm where i should be and am told by the dr he's happy with what he sees. I have to do my homework if i question it because he's not.
in all seriousness i'd wanted to know if i should be pushing E2 down and if i would feel better.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was your SHBG low before TRT? TRT driving it lower is a sign of too much testosterone. I have lower SHBG too and it causes its own set of "feel good" issues. I'd get some insulin syringes and try dosing 10mgs daily. You'd be shocked how well it works.

Dsuemg

Awards
i just looked back through my labs through 2018 at even pre-trt shgb was low. my fear is that i start chasing multiple rabbits down multiple holes. with the estradiol so high, i figured that would be the best place to start.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i just looked back through my labs through 2018 at even pre-trt shgb was low. my fear is that i start chasing multiple rabbits down multiple holes. with the estradiol so high, i figured that would be the best place to start.
The likely cause for it being so low was insulin resistance. Mine was low and glucose, A1-C, etc looked good but my fasting insulin was almost twice the high range. I started intermittent fasting and got it under control within a year. SHBG has gotten into the 30s but I usually run in the 20s now. I still prefer daily TRT injections though due to E2 swings and those issues. AIs give me severe joint pain at any dose.

I would drop the TRT dose if I was you. A lot of feeling well is the ratio between T/E2. Drop your dose to 180mg and see how you feel two weeks later. TRT is weird and for some the applied dose isn't linear. The 20mg reduction is night and day different.

Last edited: