MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, I’d say you won the garage gym gear gift of the year award with that baby!!!
You ain't kidding!
Wow! That is a nice home piece for sure!!!!
Yeah, pretty excited for it to get here. They did warn of last mile delivery delays so not sure how long that means. We got the tracking number but it hasn't been updated yet by DHL. I still need to break down the other one but that is going to be a serious chore. Probably tackle that this weekend.
Watched Kia video on it. Pretty sweet! really like the squat! look like it would really help the knees and back.
Yeah no doubt, I can't wait to see how it feels. His video is great and doesn't even get into the accessories. I watched a few highlights for those too. Pretty cool stuff. I can't wait to get to it and play with it. I foresee some nice circuits and complexes being set up with this thing during my cut.

I think between this, the power rack, and getting a titan cable tower I should have a gym I don't have much reason to go anywhere else for. I am already coming up with ideas to add land mines and band pegs to it too.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh wow, what an amazing gift! Please share a photo after setup!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh wow, what an amazing gift! Please share a photo after setup!
Will do! I can't wait, I keep checking the tracking number for an update but no updates.
HAPPY NEW YEAR @MrKleen73
Thanks @thebigt Same to you and everyone else in this thread!

Got exposed to "The Vid" this morning so working from home all week until I can get tested once I have had time to incubate for a bit. Hoping I am good to go but who knows. Coworker in my shared workspace came in with a fever and a cough... We insisted he take a test and tada!!! I wasn't really close to him but we touch all the same things so for safety sake we got sent home.

I am going to go do some sled work, carries, battle ropes, and kb swings to burn some energy here shortly.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Will do! I can't wait, I keep checking the tracking number for an update but no updates.
Thanks @thebigt Same to you and everyone else in this thread!

Got exposed to "The Vid" this morning so working from home all week until I can get tested once I have had time to incubate for a bit. Hoping I am good to go but who knows. Coworker in my shared workspace came in with a fever and a cough... We insisted he take a test and tada!!! I wasn't really close to him but we touch all the same things so for safety sake we got sent home.

I am going to go do some sled work, carries, battle ropes, and kb swings to burn some energy here shortly.
if you are able to work from home i would prefer this...just sayin that sometimes clouds have silver linings...hopefully if you do have covid it will be as mild for you as it was for my wife and i-we are both unvaxxed.

have a great workout!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
if you are able to work from home i would prefer this...just sayin that sometimes clouds have silver linings...hopefully if you do have covid it will be as mild for you as it was for my wife and i-we are both unvaxxed.

have a great workout!!!
Thanks, and yeah I get to work from home. Not a bad deal actually. No commute and really not a lot I can do from here but be clocked in and available if anyone needs remote assistance. Getting some required IT studying in while not in the office where I am not likely to be interrupted.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, and yeah I get to work from home. Not a bad deal actually. No commute and really not a lot I can do from here but be clocked in and available if anyone needs remote assistance. Getting some required IT studying in while not in the office where I am not likely to be interrupted.
good for you-stay positive!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy New Year!
Thanks @stacy1212

My son is going to be over about 6 to lift, should be fun session. I have eaten well today so the workout should be good and well fueled.

stacy1212

stacy1212

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks @stacy1212

My son is going to be over about 6 to lift, should be fun session. I have eaten well today so the workout should be good and well fueled.
That’s super something special I love taking my 9 year old daughter to the gym on the weekends! Some days she works out other days … well I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a good upper body session with my son. Shoulder is improving again which is great.

Superset1
Bench 165x20, 165x20, 165x16
Rows 175x20 20 20

Superset 2
DB shoulder press 50x15x3
Lat pulldown 160x15x2, 160x13

Complex
Rope Triceps ext 60x fail x2
DB Curls 35x fail x2
Band pull apart x2

Had a great pump and moving back up a Lil on bench. Kept pace high and broke a sweat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s super something special I love taking my 9 year old daughter to the gym on the weekends! Some days she works out other days … well I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Yeah I love that we are doing it together and having a great time. Nothing like actually doing something with a common goal with your kids either.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright Guys and Gals, quick update.

Got in some leg work last night with 6 sets of safety squats, and 3 of both leg extensions and standing leg curls, then walked 3 miles at lunch today. Diet has been improved quite a bit and I am planning my return to the gym for some real cardio instead of just walking. Just need to get a negative on the COVID Test tomorrow so I ain't out passing it around unwittingly.

I go get tested tomorrow, it ain't easy to find a place quickly there are waits everywhere... I am not showing an symptoms so thinking I am probably okay. Hopefully I get results by Sunday night if not I can't go back in to the office until I get my results.

The Flex is being dropped off tomorrow at a shop that does wraps. Going to black out all the chrome, and wrap the roof in black so it has the full 2 tone effect that looks so slick on them. It is my birthday present but coming early because I am going on a group drive from Katy to Galveston on the 30th and want the ride to look slick that day. However my BDay is Feb 1st. Gotta love that the wife is letting me get it done early for that. I will post up some pics once it is all completed.

Finally got a call from the "last mile" shippers for the gym. They are going to deliver it Tuesday, so I am going to tear down the Paramount Universal this weekend to make room for it. Really excited to put it to good use!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, sorry it has been a minute. I got really busy then quarantined, then really busy again then quarantined again has been so fun. Just now got my old universal set up sold, and got the new one together. Working out the first full workout on it tonight. No huge plan just using the machine for the first time for a full workout. I have done some test sets and whatnot but really going to give it a go tonight. Start planning a program based off of movements i can do on it and get more serious.

Not going to make any excuses, just didn't do what I needed to over the last month and have backslid a little on my weight loss. Feeling pretty healthy in the joints and whatnot as a result which is nice. Now to get back on the wagon so to speak.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did my 2nd workout on the set up and I am liking it so far.

Tuesday I did a circuit or complex on it.
Shoulder press, lat pull downs and squats 2 warm ups 5 rounds

Tonight was
Chest press x 5 work sets
Chest supported 1 arm row x 5 work sets
Db side raises x 3 sets

Db Curls 3 sets

Band Triceps extension 3 sets

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did my 2nd workout on the set up and I am liking it so far.

Tuesday I did a circuit or complex on it.
Shoulder press, lat pull downs and squats 2 warm ups 5 rounds

Tonight was
Chest press x 5 work sets
Chest supported 1 arm row x 5 work sets
Db side raises x 3 sets

Db Curls 3 sets

Band Triceps extension 3 sets
What current body weight sitting at?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What current body weight sitting at?
I am 202 right now but a little softer because I wasn't lifting enough to maintain for a few weeks but wasn't watching my diet well either. I am going to go ahead and work up what should be my maintenance at this weight and set an established base eating plan for a couple weeks. Allow for things to adjust a bit, fill back out appropriately and then will start my calorie reduction...

Sage tested COVID + so I am working from home again. They are sick but not too bad, and are quarantined to their room for now. Hoping no one else in the house catches or shows any symptoms.

I have decided I am going to start a new log on my birthday next week focusing on building a better me by my 50th. I will link it up in here when I do.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck with the quarantine again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry man, the home quarantine game is no fun at all. Hopefully it’s a quick pass and back to the norm!
Amen to that! Sage seems to be on the upside now, and I am still not showing any symptoms. So have not wasted the test. I have to test Wednesday to see if I can go back into the office.
Good luck with the quarantine again.
Thanks, and I know right. Unfortunately being onsite IT and AV support offers me tons of opportunities for exposure. Working for a law firm they are very quick to have us quarantine at home if they hear we may have been exposed. So this is what my 3rd or 4rth time now. I am just happy I have not gotten it as of yet.

So this new home gym is pretty sick! I am still waiting for the lady to come get the 2nd half of the other system but I finally got all of the attachments put together and wow are they solid and well made. With all of them in the stand this gym is definitely not a room saver compared to the other one, but I am very excited with my options right now. The height of this new gym allows me to pull it forward under the garage door where the old gym could not. So even though it will take up more room overall I think once the 2nd half of the old machine is gone I will still have more useable area in the garage. At least at a minimum no less.

The leg press attachment is so baller, and has a 400lb capacity, AS AN ATTACHMENT! I will take some more pics of it and probably post them up in the new log I plan to start tomorrow.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sucks about the COVID situation, but that's just where we're at these days. Glad symptoms are mild.

I love the idea of your new log, I'm approaching a milestone one soon too and maybe I'll steal your idea as I roll into the next decade.