Kleen Crashes Head first into fat loss using Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
A-holes! I need to unSUB from this thread before I go break my fast early!

I kid I kid... but I am seriously going to the store in a bit to try some of these!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Josh, I forgot you said you were eating in a 4 hour window so your calories look pretty much on point with mine.

I can't even remember the last time I made some queso dip. For the most part I would rather eat hot salsa than cheesy stuff. I like it don't get me wrong but unless I am having a social function it is not something I make. Just to calorically dense and then add in the calorically dense chips and forget about it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Josh, I forgot you said you were eating in a 4 hour window so your calories look pretty much on point with mine.

I can't even remember the last time I made some queso dip. For the most part I would rather eat hot salsa than cheesy stuff. I like it don't get me wrong but unless I am having a social function it is not something I make. Just to calorically dense and then add in the calorically dense chips and forget about it.
Yeh....chips and con queso makes me very bloated the next day. Lots of carbs and lots of sodium is hell on the midsection

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Progress Update!

Okay just an update here,
but a good one.

Yesterday at lunch I walked
for 80 minutes to burn of some time and avoid accruing too much OT. Last night
at Karate I got to work alone with the instructor and he drilled me nonstop for
45 minutes. I was just dripping everywhere and completely soaked my gi. Was a
great training session.

I had a good workout this
morning, I was sweating buckets and pushing hard. I can tell the low cals are
taking a small toll on my strength but that was pretty much a given when going
to extremely low carbs whether cals are low or not.

Now for my nutrition
yesterday. I held out until almost 5PM before breaking my fast and had 2 scoops
of recover pro every 2 hours until then. Since in a hurry and I had Karate class
last night I hit up a protein shake. Last night we had turkey spaghetti (meat
strained and rinsed) so I weighed the meat “sauce” out to 13 Oz and ate that. We
use 2.5 lbs of meat per 1 can of sauce so I estimate I ended up with ½ cup of
actual sauce along with it which adds 9 grams of carbs. I was careful to get the
meat off of the top of the pan so it would be the dryest meat possible.

MRM Metabolic Whey
-
3 scoops = 66 grams protein, 7.5g fats, 9 carbs - 361.5 cals

12 oz 93/7 ground turkey
with a little spaghetti sauce
- 92 grams protein, 36 fats, 9g carbs - 728
calories.

1 cup Fat Free cottage
cheese
- 26g protein, 0 fats, 10g carbs = 144 cals

Daily total not
including 40 grams of aminos:
184 grams protein,
43.5g fats, 28g carbs = 1233

Now this was a bit low on
protein but it was not a workout day and I had PLENTY of aminos
throughout the day. I also balanced it out calorically by getting in more fat.
Not what I wanted that but it is how it worked out. Either way I am still happy
with the calories for the day.

On to other things that
I am happy about. I said i would not weigh myself until this weekend but I was
curious so I got on the scale this morning. I started the diet on Monday
2/6/12 at a whopping 218 lbs, I weighed in this morning and I am 210.5.
Now
I know quite a bit of this is water but I was floating around 213 before I
carbed up, so I am thinking I have at least lost 1-1.5 lbs of fat, and that is
in 3 complete days on the crash diet. I am pretty damned stoked about that but
we will see how it all works out next week.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do the same - sometimes I change things up and use some fish. I also like to use greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a bit of extra protein.
That's a very good idea with plain Greek yogurt. I may try that sometime soon

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as Mesquite is concerned couldn't you go chop down a tree and put it in the wood chipper ? Being in Texas and all...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it makes life easier plus it is more satisfying eating 1-2 big meals in a short time rather then trying to stretch it out over the day

I do the same - sometimes I change things up and use some fish. I also like to use greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a bit of extra protein.
What kind of fish?

I have been wanting to try some new ways to make fish

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it makes life easier plus it is more satisfying eating 1-2 big meals in a short time rather then trying to stretch it out over the day
Yah I likes the big eat...:)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but a good one.

great training session.

Now for my nutrition
of recover pro every 2 hours until then. Since in a hurry and I had Karate class
strained and rinsed) so I weighed the meat “sauce” out to 13 Oz and ate that. We
actual sauce along with it which adds 9 grams of carbs. I was careful to get the

MRM Metabolic Whey
-

12 oz 93/7 ground turkey
calories.

1 cup Fat Free cottage
cheese

Daily total not
184 grams protein,

On to other things that
Now
Kleen... Awesome Bro, Love your Logging style, Love the detail, story telling, etc. Very personable, always a great read and I look forward to all your updates!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kleen... Awesome Bro, Love your Logging style, Love the detail, story telling, etc. Very personable, always a great read and I look forward to all your updates!!!
Thanks Al! I am enjoying running the log. I am surprised no one actually mentioned the fact that the post says I have lost 7.5 lbs in 3 days. I am extremely impressed whether it is mostly water or not I have never dropped weight so quickly.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Al! I am enjoying running the log. I am surprised no one actually mentioned the fact that the post says I have lost 7.5 lbs in 3 days. I am extremely impressed whether it is mostly water or not I have never dropped weight so quickly.
I am not surprised. Everyone knows your that good. Lol.. Congrats brother. You're kicking my butt so far.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am not surprised. Everyone knows your that good. Lol.. Congrats brother. You're kicking my butt so far.
So to give you an idea of how inaccurate the impedence body fat machines are. You said your body fat measured 27 on one the other day. My bodyfat read 26.4 on one today. I did it for sh*ts and giggles, knowing I am somewhat dehydrated and expecting to see a higher reading than what I am but that was pretty far off. That was surprising.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not doubting it. Your sure it didn't give you the bmi. That is never right..cause it is based on height and weight not actual bodyfat

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No it said my bmi was like 32. Either way it had me in the obese range for both on the chart.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
A-holes! I need to unSUB from this thread before I go break my fast early!

I kid I kid... but I am seriously going to the store in a bit to try some of these!
You guys must have thought I was joking...

taco taco.jpg

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
but a good one.

great training session.

Now for my nutrition

MRM Metabolic Whey
-

12 oz 93/7 ground turkey
calories.

1 cup Fat Free cottage
cheese

Daily total not
184 grams protein,

On to other things that
Now
Thats fricken awesome so far bro! It sounds like this method could be pretty legit! I'd be happy at this point if I was losing 2 lbs a week on LG let along 1.5+ of fat in 3 days

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No it said my bmi was like 32. Either way it had me in the obese range for both on the chart.
Yah BMI is the stupidest measurement ever invented. Says I am supposed to be no heavier than 185, if I was 185 I'd be dead... :(

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMHO, an anti-cort supplement be more worthwhile here.

He will obviously be catabolic to a degree and supps like are highly effective at mitigating and/or at the very least modulating cortisol levels.

LeanXtreme has invariably been a staple for me during cutting stages for years b/c it flat out works.

Agreed, but I was thinking mainly for the muscle sparring effects I've read from Ursobolic. Haven't tried it myself, but was curious pairing it with this.
Good point, in that respect ursobolic could compliment the diet nicely I guess.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow. Thanks for the tip. I wonder what the point of adding vegetable oil to the frying pan is though. LOL

Adding more fat to ......just.......get rid of the fat :p

Back OT: Good luck Kleen!

Whats the
Agreed, but I was thinking mainly for the muscle sparring effects I've read from Ursobolic. Haven't tried it myself, but was curious pairing it with this.
Marc Lobliner has a video on youtube (maybe under machine muscle page idk) on how to get rid of the extra fat from fatty ground beef etc. You start with some vegetable oil in a pan, heat it up, and toss in the meat. At the same time you are boiling a huge pot of water. After cooking/browning the meat for like 10min you drain the fat with a collander and then pour the boiling water over the meat. He had it linked to a university study proving the method works at getting the fatty meat down to about the same amount of fat as skinless chicken breast. The video will tell you exactly what to do as I summarized it (poorly I bet) and you can try it out. He is big on getting organic grass fed meat etc and it he said he uses that method a lot to reduce the fat content.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Thanks for the tip. I wonder what the point of adding vegetable oil to the frying pan is though. LOL

Adding more fat to ......just.......get rid of the fat :p

Back OT: Good luck Kleen!

Whats the
Hell idk man. Something scientific and whatnot... Last night I cooked my beef drained, boiled the beef, then rinsed it too. Damn 8.5lb 80/20 beef became like 5lb cooked lol.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah BMI is the stupidest measurement ever invented...
^^^Agreed. It's useless for anyone other than sedentary individuals and means NOTHING unless you are as such.

~Rosie~

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha

RIP off aint it? :p

Hell idk man. Something scientific and whatnot... Last night I cooked my beef drained, boiled the beef, then rinsed it too. Damn 8.5lb 80/20 beef became like 5lb cooked lol.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established

He will obviously be catabolic to a degree and supps like are highly effective at mitigating and/or at the very least modulating cortisol levels.

LeanXtreme has invariably been a staple for me during cutting stages for years b/c it flat out works.
Tren!@!@

Ha ha.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So to give you an idea of how inaccurate the impedence body fat machines are. You said your body fat measured 27 on one the other day. My bodyfat read 26.4 on one today. I did it for sh*ts and giggles, knowing I am somewhat dehydrated and expecting to see a higher reading than what I am but that was pretty far off. That was surprising.
Agreed bro. I have an impedance measuring device (handheld) that I use to help measure progress, but not bodyfat. Its bodyfat reading is way off from the actual. If I am holding a bunch of water it can read as high as 10-11% and if I am dry it reads 7-8%. I can also get it to read a 2% swing just by the way I hold it. I just use now to measure progress, but even that is hard to be very accurate with the same measuring conditions.

Calipers are the best way to go at home. I actually have a pair of digital calipers I ordered yesterday that I am going to try to replace the cheap ones I have

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No major updates today, I did not go do cardio this morning. I know I should have but I was just so damn tired when I woke up I decided to sleep more instead. Also, according to the diet book you don't really need to do cardio, and anything above low intensity is advised against to prevent catabolism so I stayed in bed.

Yesterdays Nutrition -
Fast breaker - 3 grilled chicken breast from Wendys with mustard and jalapenos. According to Wendy's website the nutrients in the came out to 78g protein, 4.5g fat and 3g carbs, add in 1 cup of cottage cheese and that comes to 104g protein, 4.5 fat, and 13 carbs.
Dinner - 16 oz chicken breast - 1 cup green beans. 112 grams protein, 16 grams fat, trace carbs in green beans.

Daily totals - 216 Protein, 20.5 fat, 13 carbs - 1100.5 cals
Protein was 1.27 x LBM still within the 1.25-1.5 range I am going for. I also had 40 grams of aminos yesterday. :)

If I feel like it I may go ahead and do a little cardio on my elliptical when I get home however that is VERY unlikely.

Oh yeah today at our lunch meeting the boss has ordered this awesome lasagna, some kind of corn pudding, and a carrot cake for a birthday, these cakes are so amazing, 1 9-10 inch cake weights like 12 lbs or something it is so dense and amazing. Well I am not going to have any of that. I am having 17.5g chicken breast and about 15 spears of asparugus. I am REALLY going to have to go buy a lean steak or something this weekend. I am just about tired of ckicken for right now. Maybe if I make some like chicken taco meat it will be better. LOL

I did take a measurement of my waist again and it is down 2 inches right now from 38 to 36 just above the navel. Thats a lot of water and glycogen. I feel like I already look firmer and definitely less distended.

You guys must have thought I was joking...

View attachment 52303
Damn it Flawed! I am hungry as hell and you go showing food again.
Thats fricken awesome so far bro! It sounds like this method could be pretty legit! I'd be happy at this point if I was losing 2 lbs a week on LG let along 1.5+ of fat in 3 days
Yeah it is definetly legit. I am sure it will slow down over the next 6 days but we will see how much.

Yah BMI is the stupidest measurement ever invented. Says I am supposed to be no heavier than 185, if I was 185 I'd be dead... :(
Agreed mine says I should be 154 lbs. LMAO!

I agree completely! That is why I am using the Abliderate.

Tren!@!@

Ha ha.
Yeah they would probably make the muscle stick around too. LOL

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No major updates today, I did not go do cardio this morning. I know I should have but I was just so damn tired when I woke up I decided to sleep more instead. Also, according to the diet book you don't really need to do cardio, and anything above low intensity is advised against to prevent catabolism so I stayed in bed.
also it speeds up the drop in metabolic rate and doesnt really add much to the amount of fat you will loose. Overall cardio can do more harm then good on a PSMF diet. I believe he cited a study in his book that involved people on a PSMF diet and adding cardio to the mix didnt help much so dont beat yourself up over not doing it

Yesterdays Nutrition -
Fast breaker - 3 grilled chicken breast from Wendys with mustard and jalapenos. According to Wendy's website the nutrients in the came out to 78g protein, 4.5g fat and 3g carbs,
what was this that you ordered from wendys?

Yeah it is definetly legit. I am sure it will slow down over the next 6 days but we will see how much.
It doesnt slow much.. IIRC, I averaged around -5lbs a week

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed bro. I have an impedance measuring device (handheld) that I use to help measure progress, but not bodyfat. Its bodyfat reading is way off from the actual. If I am holding a bunch of water it can read as high as 10-11% and if I am dry it reads 7-8%. I can also get it to read a 2% swing just by the way I hold it. I just use now to measure progress, but even that is hard to be very accurate with the same measuring conditions.

Calipers are the best way to go at home. I actually have a pair of digital calipers I ordered yesterday that I am going to try to replace the cheap ones I have
Those digitals are the ones I have / had at home. I am going to have to completely clean my study it is a wreck. It is where everything is put that no one really knows where to put. YOu can see the clutter in my pics on both sides of me. LOL I am hoping it is in there but that is a couple hours of work to clean so I am going to wait to do it until this weekend. If I find them I will do a bf test then another at the end to see what the change is in that time frame.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
also it speeds up the drop in metabolic rate and doesnt really add much to the amount of fat you will loose. Overall cardio can do more harm then good on a PSMF diet. I believe he cited a study in his book that involved people on a PSMF diet and adding cardio to the mix didnt help much so dont beat yourself up over not doing it

what was this that you ordered from wendys?

It doesnt slow much.. IIRC, I averaged around -5lbs a week
1 - Yeah that is what I thought. He basically said you are already at a huge calorie deficit daily and adding 300-500 wasn't going to help, but the catabolism it could cause can hurt the progress.

2 - I ordered 3 chicken breast alacarte with 2 sides of jalapenos and some mustard. They charge 2.50 a piece for the breasts. Not too bad in a pinch to get that much protein out of $7.50

3 - Cool, and how much would you say was actually fat loss?

The only reason I expect it to slow a bit is because of the week I had before starting this. Was my birthday week and I had 3 different people make me cakes and then one pecan pie which I didn't share. So I had some extra water on me from all the carbs that week. I was around 213-215 before that and went up to 218 over the course of the week.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Damn it Flawed! I am hungry as hell and you go showing food again.

Note to self for future: Cooking 2.5lbs of ground turkey in 12 inch skillet ranks as frustrating on the difficulty scale.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That Wendy's idea is really a good one. I've done something similar at Subway - order a chicken salad with 3 breasts - but there isn't always a Subway around. Good to have options when travelling without food.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Note to self for future: Cooking 2.5lbs of ground turkey in 12 inch skillet ranks as frustrating on the difficulty scale.
Yeah we have a pretty big frying pan we use for that. I think the bottom is about 12 inches and about 14-15 inches accross at the top.

That Wendy's idea is really a good one. I've done something similar at Subway - order a chicken salad with 3 breasts - but there isn't always a Subway around. Good to have options when travelling without food.
Nice, I have stopped going to subway completely since they cut the meat portions in half a few years back. I am not a fan of the boiled chicken in anything but soups or something. Needs something to soak up some flavor but then again if just trying to get protein that will work for sure.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I need to find a big pan like that... after going to Mongoalian Grill earlier this week I really wish I had a flat top skillet table or whatever the hell you call what they have... like 5 feet across of pure stir fry goodness

Gabrielle Bro

Awards
Well.. My wishes for you to get the result you are expecting...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had a great workout yesterday, I mean I was really excited to find out that I was not losing strength as much as I had thought. My body has definitely made the adjustment to burning fat again.

Flat Bench - 185x12, 255x9 >205x8>135x7 - I was really impressed here, I was putting the weights one for 245 and mistakenly put 255 on decided to go with it. I hadn't pressed that in a bit and was a little worried that in my dieted state I may only get 4-5. I was happy to see 9 solid reps, I could hasve squeezed out a tenth but it wasn't worth risking my form.
HS Dorian Rows - 90x12, 135x12>90x10>45x12 - Moved up a bit on both of these sets, pulls felt really good.
HS MPS Military Press - 90x12, 120x15>100x4>70x4 - These were on the plate loaded hammer strength felt good but
EZ Bar Curl - 70x12, 90x10>75x4>45x6 - Man these were some work, the dorians already beat the biceps up pretty good.
Cable Triceps Extension - 90x12, 130x18>120x6>100x5 - I got a good pump but the weight was not heavy enough. I think we will trade these out for some triceps press downs in the seated dip machine or weighted dips.
Squats - 135x12, 185x12, 225x12, 255x12, Widow Maker 225x20 - I was really happy here my leg did not hurt too much and it is not hurting today. So the tendon on the back of my knee seems to be getting better.
Romanian Dead Lifts - 185x12, 225x12, 235x12 - Man I lost my versa grips and forgot how much I dislike the alternated grip. I am going to be getting a replacement set as soon.

Weight yesterday was 208 on one scale and 209 on the other. I will weigh in tomorrow morning to get a true 1 week weigh in and waist measurement. I will also take some pics tomorrow and, I finally found my calipers so I will take a quick reading before eating or drinking anything tomorrow.

I need to find a big pan like that... after going to Mongoalian Grill earlier this week I really wish I had a flat top skillet table or whatever the hell you call what they have... like 5 feet across of pure stir fry goodness
Yeah those are nice. I just recently got an electric griddle. Make whole wheatpancakes every Sunday for the fam. Even made them today just didn't partake.
Well.. My wishes for you to get the result you are expecting...
Thanks! I am already seeing a lot of improvement.

Oh, he'll get them.....
Damn Straight! Even if the diet doesn't get me I hope it has already given me exactly what I needed for a bit. It has given me resolve. following this diet right now is like butter for me. The normal dietary distractions are not a problem. I have the switch engaged now and that feels really good.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had a great workout yesterday, I mean I was really excited to find out that I was not losing strength as much as I had thought. My body has definitely made the adjustment to burning fat again.

. . .

Damn Straight! Even if the diet doesn't get me I hope it has already given me exactly what I needed for a bit. It has given me resolve. following this diet right now is like butter for me. The normal dietary distractions are not a problem. I have the switch engaged now and that feels really good.
Sounds like things are going well for you, Chris :) After much consideration, I have decided to give this a shot for the next couple of weeks, since I need that "kick" after everything the last few weeks!

~Rosie~

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beast status workout Chris!!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chris, are you doing anything in particular or special for appetite suppression? At your caloric level I would be a major a-hole. I start getting real irritable under about 1800 cals

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
208! you were 218 a week ago! lol See you were just holding a bunch of water....

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
208! you were 218 a week ago! lol See you were just holding a bunch of water....
Yeh that is a HUGE drop for sure. It has to be a lot of water but I bet he has some decent fat loss in there too

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeh that is a HUGE drop for sure. It has to be a lot of water but I bet he has some decent fat loss in there too
No doubt, he coudl have dropped like 2-3 lbs of fat which is a lot for a week. You don't usually see people our size lose 10 lbs in a week. The only time I did it I was 305...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember guys this isnt a regular diet. I would imagine Kleens calorie maintenance at around 2500 or so and on a PSMF he is prolly taking in a little over 1200 calories or so. So that gives him a deficit of 1300 calories a day! Or a deficit of 9000 calories a week! Loosing 3-5lbs a week isnt unheard of on a PSMF, the tricky part is preserving lbm but with the intensity kleen works out with I bet it wont be a problem for him.

How long do you plan to stat PSMF Chris? When I did it I only planned for a week but I got used to the low calroies fast and was loving seeing the scale drop just about daily that I ended up extending it way too much.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remember guys this isnt a regular diet. I would imagine Kleens calorie maintenance at around 2500 or so and on a PSMF he is prolly taking in a little over 1200 calories or so. So that gives him a deficit of 1300 calories a day! Or a deficit of 9000 calories a week! Loosing 3-5lbs a week isnt unheard of on a PSMF, the tricky part is preserving lbm but with the intensity kleen works out with I bet it wont be a problem for him.
Exactly, and that's why this diet isn't intended for long periods. Perfect for short bursts of rapid loss, but it's not a sustainable way of eating.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly, and that's why this diet isn't intended for long periods. Perfect for short bursts of rapid loss, but it's not a sustainable way of eating.
My main problems with it was after seeing how fast and easy weight loss was after the first week, I would continually lower my calorie intake (as low as 600 calories some days!!) and I barely would work out and the very few days I did I would halfass it and then I wouldnt refeed enough plus I did this for over 4 weeks.. Ad you can see my experience with is was full of mistakes, but you know what the say, hindsight is 20/20 right