dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anytime 30 minutes prior to right before you're eating.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
for the breyers flavors, the oreo (bady specifically) was the best ive had (chocolate or regular depending what youre in the mood for)... the girl scout ones were just ok, the canadian only ones were probably the best tho... they have a few we dont in the usa.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I won't buy the Reeses again for sure and will probably just stick with the Kroger jammed line for my medium cal ice cream, Halo Top for true low cal, and B&J or Graeters for full blown celebration high cal opportunities lol.

Cals today right around 2500 with protein just over 205. 2 pumpkin pie quest bars at 1 PM with 1 cap Defuse, 75g isolate post-WO at 6 PM, 2 caps Defuse + 1 ST + 200mg NaRALA 30 min pre dinner (8 PM) 3 wraps each consisting of a Carb Balance tortilla, 2 slices PJ cheese, and 3 meatballs (what the wife made in the crock pot today with noodles -- I just took the remaining meatballs). Sadly, they're pretty high cal (340 cal and only 15g pro per 3 meatballs -- yeesh). So,just made those 3 wraps to get 30g pro total per wrap and use the last of the meat to avoid leftovers.

Finished eating then and will dose KI and MCT in a little bit and head to bed.

Cardio in the AM, no lifting.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What kind of meat only has 15g but 340 cals?! Straight Lard practically has more protein than that ha

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kind of meat only has 15g but 340 cals?! Straight Lard practically has more protein than that ha
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. No idea how it was that bad (i definitely wouldn't have bought it and will tell her next time to make sure to just buy ground chuck and we will do our own -- not at all worth it).

Supps down the hatch. Time for zzz

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carb Balance tortillas...tell me more. Chix Burritos are down to my only chicken I can choke down. This would be beautiful if they are good.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, gonna have to try them out. For mass produced tortillas, Mission is generally the best.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That and Sargento reduced fat cheese (pepperjack, Colby jack, and provologne) are great. I generally rock chicken breast, but any meat and/or different sauces, eggs, fried onions, bacon pieces -- all great for different high protein, lower cal wrap ideas.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't skimp on cheese. Besides, that Sargento guy is kind of a pretentious twat.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tuesday, April 12

Weight: 227.6 lbs.

Managed to fall asleep in the recliner the night before and then screwed up my alarm in the morning and caught it too late to get to the gym with adequate time (5:45 AM -- when I'm normally arriving there), so I just set it for as late as I could to get up to shower for work and slept til 7:45. I basically LOATHE lifting in the afternoon, now. It's funny because I did that for the past 6 years and really a lot longer than that, too. But all it took were a few weeks of adjusting and now I love going first thing because of the endorphin rush my body gets and just the pure lack of people. That said, yesterday wasn't nearly as bad as the last few afternoons I've had to hit over the last few months have been.

About 10 til 4 PM, I mixed up my stuff at the office and got to prepping. Downed my MyoSynergy, X Factor (1.25g ArA), Nerve Restore, and then took my 400mg caffeine, 25mg ephedrine, and 1 cap AlphaBurn and then sipped on my mixture of 1 scoop MaxREPS + 3g beta alanine + 500mg COP and finished that up as I drove there and arrived about 4:15.

Had a solid high volume back workout. Here are the stats via Fitbit:

And the workout itself:

And yesterday's full capture via Fitbit:

Total cals ended up right around 2500 yesterday with protein only at about 205g -- not as high as I'd like, but it is what it is. Went to bed about 11:30 PM.

Wednesday, April 13

Weight: 228.2 lbs.

Only a minor bump on the scale, but looked much better in the mirror this AM. I'll attribute some of that to the Eviscerate that I applied post-shower yesterday evening around 6:30 PM. MAN, I forgot the burn (and this was just Smolder -- not even regular or +). I had to hang out with no shirt for about 30-40 minutes before I could put one on and actually sat with a fan pointed at my stomach for a bit lol. I'm planning on adding that back in in the evenings (don't like having it on during the day in case I sweat as it tends to mess up my shirts because I'm a sweaty monster anyway).

Did some very light cardio this morning and felt the burn left over during that, too. Didn't feel like heading all the way into town, so I slept til 6:15 and then just did 2 miles on the treadmill at a 2.5mph pace switching back and forth between 5% and 10% (max) incline while I watched TV. Not as good of a calorie burn as I like to see, but it was different and also allowed me to rest a bit for the day (which as much as I like to push hard, my body needs). Still keeps me from being totally sedentary for the day.

I'll tailor calories lower today and carbs to non-existence. I'll have a protein shake shortly (haven't eaten yet, still) and another in the early afternoon, then dinner before we head to class at church tonight at 6:30. Wife prepped beef fajita strips for a crockpot meal and I tossed everything in and mixed it up and turned it on before I left for work since I leave about 2 hours later than her. Need to look up the stats (wasn't on the package from Kroger), but it was 1.35 lbs. No worry on carbs; just need to figure out how much protein and fat is in there to figure out how to pad everything else; so I'll likely have a small high-protein snack once I get home from church to make sure I clear 200g and get closer to 250g since I'm so low on everything else (may do some eggs and cheese).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad I have caught up and have witnessed the return of the handwritten notes! I can now die a happy man. Also please send me a skid of that Cherry Coke Zero. That sounds amazingggggg. You Americans don't know how good you have it.
They only sell it in the 12 oz. cans, so I rarely get it. I typically buy 1-2 two liter bottles of Coke Zero for the week ($1 or less each). I like a small glass (~6-8 oz.) with dinner and that's about it.

But I was craving the cherry so I grabbed a 12 pack at the grocery last week. It was like $4 so not outrageous, but it's just funny how I consider that expensive now, haha.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got home from Financial Peace University at church and went to change and put on my Eviscerate. Half heartedly hit a back double bi pose while I was at an angle and was surprised at the definition dialing in on my upper back. Been a couple years since I'd seen it that defined (it used to be one of my best spots).

Pretty excited.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll type up a full update tomorrow but this evening's arm session was great, netted 30 stair sprints and 3 miles on the track and moved up on most of my lifts. Definition looking much more pronounced by the time I got home.

1040 calories and 190g protein via 2 75g shakes and 2 Quest bars before my dinner of 2 wraps from the Wal-Mart deli (one bbq chicken and the other chipotle). Guessing total cals will be around 1800 and about 240-250g pro after those added on. KI on tap for 45 min from now and zzz and back up to hit legs less than 12 hours after finishing this workout, haha.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wednesday, April 13

Weight: 228.2 lbs.

As previously mentioned, 2 miles on the treadmill at 2.5 mph ranging between 5% and 10% incline.

Workout capture via Fitbit:

Wednesday daily capture via Fitbit:

Stayed up late to watch the Warrior/Grizz game which didn’t start til after 10:30 PM my time – sucked. And the lack of effort and defense by Memphis made it a joke. I shouldn’t have stayed up, but I did. Anyway, ended up eating later into the night than normal while watching and took in probably 3,000-3,500 kcal for the day total. Fell asleep at like 2:15 AM and when the alarm went off the next morning, I snoozed it and decided I’d hit the afternoon. No way I was having a good workout on 3 hours of sleep.

Thursday, April 14

Weight: 229.6 lbs.

Felt like trash and really depressed most of the day. Don’t think it was the food so much, but having my sleep schedule disrupted and also not working out first thing certainly didn’t help matters. Was a rough day at work on top of that, so it was just the perfect storm of bad news. Still made myself go hit the gym after I got off work at 4 and am glad I did. Felt slow and depressed getting into it, but managed to feel great about 5 minutes in after some sprints. Had a really solid heavy arm day.

Workout notes:

Daily capture via Fitbit:

As you can see by the arrows, I made a lot of progress upward from the last time I did this workout (2 weeks ago), so that was huge. Really excited about that. Also adding more hypertrophy work at the end of each lift, even on my heavy weeks (not just in volume like I used to). The combination of that and all the stair sprints, laps, and constant HR elevation is really cutting me up at a great pace. My diet is in check regarding calories and making sure I hit my protein goals, but I’ve dieted way stricter in the past and never had anywhere near this success. It’s all about knowing your body and what works best for you. I can restrict calories and create a deficit all I want that way and lift heavy, but my body will just not lose fat that way. It loves this.

Only took in 1,040 kcal throughout the day (isolate shake of 75g at 10:30 AM, 1 Quest bar at 1:30 and another at 2:30, and the same shake post-workout about 6:15 or so. Grabbed two of those wraps from the Walmart deli (one BBQ and the other chipotle – chicken) and had those with a can of Cherry Coke Zero about 8:15 preceded with 1 cap Defuse. Eviscerate applied post-shower about 8 PM before that, and then relaxed and knocked back KI + MCT and my nightly supps at 10:30 and put on some Futurama and passed out shortly after in bed.

Friday, April 15

Weight: 228.8 lbs.

Looking very dry from 2 weeks ago and definition is creeping in (slowly, but consistently) everywhere. I am SO excited right now. Can’t wait to just keep dialing it in through July 1 to see what I can bring to the table. Knocked out a killer heavy leg session this morning – I’ll post the details later.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
229.8 this AM

hit the buffet for dinner last night (only had 1000 kcal and 120g protein through the day). Absolutely killed some meat and they had wings so I was throwing down. Definitely got my protein goal in and don't feel like I eclipsed my 3800 or so kcal burn -- not by much if so. Loaded up on some dessert, too, but honestly just a ton of meat lol.

Preceded by 5 caps Defuse, 3 Slintensity and 600mg NaRALA.

Vascularity was INSANE. Only getting better for me as I get leaner, too.

So scale moved up a tad this AM but I earned it today. Heavy delts and traps session (logged 9 hours of awesome sleep, too btw) with 25 stairs/2.5 miles on the track and capped with 590x6 on shrugs.

Came home, changed, and started push mowing the back yard.

Got an hour left on my day, but Fitbit shows 26,000+ steps, 12.5 miles, 4,800 kcals burned lol.

75g isolate shake post lift, 2 Quest bars around 3 PM, dinner at 6 of 3 quarter pound 85/15 burgers at a total of 35g protein (with bun and cheese) and 470kcal and one hot dog. Had some PB brownies my wife made with oats for dessert shortly after. Looking at about 2300 kcal/230g protein before the brownies (don't know those macros), so obviously well under today's burn.

Basketball tomorrow after church and plan to go no carb high fat protein for my meals.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Down to 228.6 this morning --

225.8 when I got home after basketball :)

Lowest I've been in a couple years. I'll have to check my notebooks to see how long exactly, but I was thrilled to see that 5 on the scale.

Hoping to see it that low or maybe even lower tomorrow morning. So happy :)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Down to 228.6 this morning --

225.8 when I got home after basketball :)

Lowest I've been in a couple years. I'll have to check my notebooks to see how long exactly, but I was thrilled to see that 5 on the scale.

Hoping to see it that low or maybe even lower tomorrow morning. So happy :)
People are going to think you're manorexic!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday, April 15

Weight: 228.8 lbs.

Heavy leg session in the AM. Workout capture via Fitbit:

Workout notes:

Total day capture via Fitbit:

Hit the buffet for dinner; only had 1k calories leading into that and about 130g protein or so. Maxed out on a ton of chicken (wings, drumsticks), some ribs, shrimp, etc. Had a few small desserts, but mostly got it in with the meat. Was very pleased. Vascularity was through the roof (Defuse, Slintensity and NaRALA all taken pre-meal).

Saturday, April 16:

Weight: 229.8 lbs.

Got right after it with a delts/traps session as soon as I got up. Workout via Fitbit:

Workout notes:

And then I had to mow (push) the entire back yard before we had company over. We sit on just under 2 acres lol. Fitbit picks it up via auto-detection and marks it as bicycling (since my hands are on the mower the whole time). Went ahead and screen-capped it for kicks since this is what it marked it as:

Diet was tight leading into dinner (protein shake post workout, 2 Quest bars after mowing). Had 3 quarter pound burgers and a hot dog, then had a few brownie squares the wife made. Easily under cals for the day and got a good amount of protein in (~230g).

Sunday, April 17

Weight: 228.6 lbs.

Church in the AM and then basketball after we went for a long drive (weather was beautiful).

Can't remember how many games I ran, but it was all full court and we only lost once (and the final game), so I was only off for about 15 minutes and I went up to the track and walked that duration so I was active the full 2 hours. Had tons of energy and was just going hard. Loved it. Had a blister on the inner portion of my left big toe that had been bubbling up for a while and it finally popped during basketball. Luckily I didn't feel it and now that it's gone, it's back to normal and I've been lucky to not have to take any time off my feet.

Weighed in after I got home from ball and was under 226 lbs. after depleting, so that was cool. Was excited to hover around there for Monday's weigh in to see a nice drop. Had a protein shake before ball, one after, ate the last 2 hot dogs (no buns) that we'd cooked up the night before shortly after that and then around 6 PM I grilled up some ribeyes for the wife and I. Mine was a pound and hers was about 3/4. Finished mine and ate maybe 1/5 or so of hers that she didn't finish. All we had along with that was green beans, so that would be the only carbs I took in yesterday with total cals around 2400 and protein at nearly 300g lol. Had me a nice glass of E9 while I watched Friday's episode of Grimm and then prepped for bed. Laid around reading for an hour or so and went to sleep about 10:30.

Monday, April 18

Weight: 223.0 lbs.

Yeah.

You read that right.

Seriously was NOT expecting that big of a dip after seeing what I'd depleted to post-basketball yesterday. So that was pretty crazy. Lowest I've been in as long as I can remember -- I'll have to check my notebooks to find a specific date. I got my Fitbit in September and set the weight goal at 225 lbs -- this is the first time I've cracked it and I had to set a new weight goal lol. Decided to set it at 220, as I plan to just make 5 lbs. pushes and nothing big again as I figure things out. But I was pretty stoked. Seeing more and more definition coming in with each day that passes. Still have that lower belly fat and lower love handles/lower back pouches, but they're shrinking. So it's exciting to make the progress. The change in training has made all the difference. The supplements obviously help, but my added sprinting/walking during workouts has changed the game for me.

Hit a heavy chest session this AM (notes to come tomorrow after full day completed), but I weighed in again for kicks when I got home before I showered and I was 222.2! So yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Plan to have a nice big dinner and introduce some carbs back in tonight to celebrate and prep for back day tomorrow. Thinking maybe wings and definitely some ice cream.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
People are going to think you're manorexic!
The progress is so exciting.

Given that it was just 3 years ago that I weighed 300 pounds and felt hopeless, it's just incredible to me.

So incredibly happy.

CJNator

Awards

Given that it was just 3 years ago that I weighed 300 pounds and felt hopeless, it's just incredible to me.

So incredibly happy.
Thats awesome man, congrats!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

So incredibly happy.
WOW! I had no idea... Thats absolutely incredible to maintain that kind of loss. Truly inspiring for anyone who thinks it cant be done

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you, everyone.

Still no TRUE answer on what was going on after all those doctors' visits and tests, but pretty sure it is tied to pituitary disorder given all the evidence pointing that way. But regardless, I'm just happy to have been able to move past it.

Going from 208 and abs to literally 300 pounds is very hard to accept (especially when I was still as active as I was).

But I'm telling you, this new intensity of training has been incredibly awesome for me. All about figuring out what works best for you and not worrying as much about all the info out there saying X is better, etc.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Love the handwritten notes and fitbit screen captures.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a super busy day at the office, so I wasn't able to get everything typed up. I'll do that tomorrow for Monday and Tuesday both.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monday, April 18

Weight: 223.0 lbs.

Hit a "heavy" chest session (that's relative, as my strength on pressing has been stunted pretty badly since about 2 months ago when I had that brachial plexus injury; it's getting better, but still about 100 pounds under the numbers I normally would be doing in this rep range).

Workout notes:

Ended up leaving work sick with a migraine about 3 hours in. Felt it in the back of my neck and heading downward (some of it may be from wearing the trial contact lenses I am with a slightly weaker prescription since my vision has been improving the past few years, but I'm not sure). Ended up feeling sick to my stomach for a stint, too, but that luckily passed.

Started off the morning with a 75g isolate shake post-workout, then had the last quarter pound 85/15 burger I'd cooked up on Saturday on a bun with 2 slices of reduced fat Sargento cheese for a total of 35g protein and a Quest bar to take my daily total up to 130g. Ordered 2 medium pizzas from Papa Johns to be delivered for an early dinner and ate the totality of one and 2 slices of the other (preceded by my Defuse, Slintensity and NaRALA), some gummy bears (just about a handful), and my pint of Kroger's Jammed Deluxe Butterfinger ice cream. I was done eating by 5:30 PM.

Went to sleep around 9:30 or 10.

Tuesday, April 19

Weight: 225.0 lbs.

Not bothered by that increase at all, as it was expected after being depleted the day prior and all the cals/carbs I took in.

Hit a heavy back session first thing in the AM that was a little rushed because I had to drive my wife in beforehand, so I lost about 20 minutes of my normal workout time and had to cut a few things short. Still got all my lifts in, but ended up sprinting a few laps at a time rather than hitting the stairs and a lap between each set.

Workout notes:

Had my 75g isolate shake post-workout and then had 2 Quest bars for lunch around Noon (115g total protein at that point). Got stuck at the office a bit later than planned and the wife was out on a walk with our friend, so I just popped my Defuse/ST/NaRALA combo before leaving and drove home to finish those last 6 slices of pizza, some more gummy bears (about 2 big handfuls this time LOL), and a pint of my Kroger Deluxe Jammed Cookie Dough ice cream. Once again, I was done eating before 6 PM. I think my protein total probably suffered a bit, but I'll make up for that today.

Fell asleep in the recliner while the wife was on the computer next to me on the couch and woke up and it was nearly 9 PM (I drifted off some time around 7, I think). Woke up, went upstairs to take my contacts out, got all the dishes into the washer and started it, came down and did my nightly supps, and ended up in the recliner for a while longer (it was cooler downstairs) with the fan on me while I waited for the AC to kick in a bit better upstairs. Our house is like a split tri-level and all the bedrooms (save for one we use for the guestroom) are upstairs. It's only April and I HATE running the AC now, but it's been getting into the high 80's and unfortunately, it just takes too long to cool down at night for me to get the windows back open to cool it off now that I go to sleep earlier and wake up earlier. So I set the upstairs AC (left the down off to kick on only if it breaches 78*) at 69 just for us to sleep and then bumped it back up to 78 first thing in the AM.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wednesday, April 20

Weight: 226.4 lbs.

Wednesday was my off day and I had planned to mow in the evening, but it was our 2nd to last week of FPU class at church, so that wasn't happening. Ended up being a literal off day, as you'll see from the total lack of activity/cals burned. Diet was reigned in tight and then I screwed up and ate some gummy bears about an hour after my last meal (which was a pint of Halo Top mint chip to get me to my protein goal and had me at like 1800-1900 total kcals). I was just craving it and what screwed me was staying up to watch the Pistons/Cavs game. I should have just went to bed and if I had, it would've been fine -- it was staying up late that made m know I was hungrier. Anyway, not terribly over on cals or anything, but a bunch of sugar that I was not planning for.

Thursday, April 21

Weight: 227.6 lbs.

Woke up at 3 AM and had fallen asleep downstairs after watching stupid basketball (I seriously won't do it again -- it's just not worth it). Had excruciating abdominal pain, which I'm guessing was from the gummy bears even though I've eaten them before without issue in the past. Laid back down and hoped it would be okay. Woke up at 5 AM when my alarm went off and it was worse. I felt like I was going to puke at the pit of my chest in addition to the lower abdominal cramping/tearing up. Had to call into work. All of this was in addition to the sinus/allergy problems I got hit with that led to a swollen throat and runny nose that still somehow was congested. I went upstairs to the bedroom and covered up but felt hot (like a fever) and slept for another 3ish hours. Got up at 10 AM and felt better (stomach/chest wise), but the other stuff was still in full swing. I mostly just watched tv in the recliner because I couldn't do anything else and just felt like trash (and mildly depressed because my endorphins were all screwed up from having an off day and no physical activity that I normally would have already had in the AM).

Decided to go lift at 2 PM because I was fearful of what another day of zero activity would do for my mood. It was the first workout I've had to do without Max Reps since getting a chance to try it and I think it was just unfortunate timing, but I dragged through my workout and my head just wasn't in it. That said, I did finally get a chance to try the new formulation of Pump Juice Extreme and it's legit. Granted, I'd been used to my super high dose of citrulline, but the pumps and vascularity from this are the real deal. So that was nice. I'll try it again at some point when I'm completely over being sick so I can judge it more accurately.

It was my high volume arm day and it wasn't the prettiest as far as endurance on the running side, but I got through it.

Fitbit capture of the workout:

Workout notes:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is such an inspiring log to follow. Doing great!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, boss man.

Fighting this sickness right now is making it rough, but what's life without another barrier to overcome.

Still have 10 more weeks to make the changes of a lifetime.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Hope you are feeling better soon....love your log and all the detail.:)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woke up multiple times overnight to blow my nose, fight my sore throat cough, etc. Kept loading cough drops 2 at a time and falling asleep with those in. Seemed to help. Got up at 6:15 and didn't feel great, but much better. Hit the gym at 7 as soon as it opened. Has to keep my hoody on the whole time while working out because it was too cold up on the track. Soaking through in sweat sucked, but it was better than the alternative. Had to keep stopping to blow my nose and spit in the trashcans lol. But powered through it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you run out of Gut Health?

CJNator

Awards
Woke up multiple times overnight to blow my nose, fight my sore throat cough, etc. Kept loading cough drops 2 at a time and falling asleep with those in. Seemed to help. Got up at 6:15 and didn't feel great, but much better. Hit the gym at 7 as soon as it opened. Has to keep my hoody on the whole time while working out because it was too cold up on the track. Soaking through in sweat sucked, but it was better than the alternative. Had to keep stopping to blow my nose and spit in the trashcans lol. But powered through it.
Damn man, I forgot who recommended it but 10-20gs of l glutamine is solid for immune system support. Get better man!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subd. Feel better soon man.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Appreciate the support, guys. No, dsade -- I make sure to never run out of Gut Health lol. I may have missed a dose or 2 as I had switched to taking it with my dinner instead of pre-bed, but it's still regularly being taken.

I may eat some glutamine Power Chews later. I've had pretty good luck with keeping citrulline dosed for immune health and extra 500mg doses of vitamin C. Max Reps has been my pre of choice and as much as I hate "wasting" it, I'm sipping on some right now to get those 8g cit mal/2g l-cit in.

I literally have only whispered 4 words today. No physical talking in hopes that that, and taking the day off (no basketball, sadly), will put me back to normal tomorrow.

Between everything else, claritin and Mucinex-D, and TONS of cough drops, I'm mostly over the congestion and runny nose (beautiful weather yesterday and today has helped, though). Now I'm just fighting the miserable side/scratchy throat with the occasional phlegm getting loosened up and spit out.

Again, hoping no talking and all rest will have me ready to roll in the AM for chest. Hate taking today off, but I netted 12 miles between my workout and all the city walking yesterday so I can manage a day off if it means being healthy and 100% tomorrow.

225.4 this AM and abs are starting to get more dialed in (especially the serratus -- seeing regular progress there which is really cool).

beef27

beef27

Awards
Where can you buy this? I am looking online and can only find reviews but no sources. I am very interested in this product

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where can you buy this? I am looking online and can only find reviews but no sources. I am very interested in this product
Evomuse shopify store. Just type evomuse shopify in Google and you'll find it

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday, April 22

Weight: 227.2 lbs.

Okay, so this was still in the middle of feeling like trash with the congestion/runny nose and everything else, but for some reason I don't recall it being as bad as Saturday's workout ended up being (could be that I just forgot in the time it took me to write this, too). Hit my volume legs session in the AM before going into work after being out sick the day before.

Workout details via Fitbit:

Workout notes:

Made it through the day at work with a ton of cough drops, decongestants and claratin. Didn't feel great, but it was doable. It's priority registration for the Fall semester and I hate being out and running the risk of students not getting a class they need due to timeliness or someone graduating in May who needs something done.

After work, I went home and ate some leftovers from the night prior (variety of chicken from the Walmart deli) and the wife and I watched some UKS on Netflix and both called it an early night with a long Saturday ahead of us. I'll be honest, though; I was thinking I wouldn't be able to make it through the way I was feeling at that point.

Saturday, April 23

Weight: 227.2 lbs.

Woke up multiple times throughout the night (what seemed like every 2 hours) and was hacking up phlegm and loading down more cough drops. I took 2 Mucinex-D (w/ expectorant and pseudoephedrine) before bed and that helped keep me able to breathe at least. I also started sleeping with just the overhead fan on and no other fan pointed on me -- made it a bit warmer, but that seems to have helped. It also helped that for a couple nights it actually cooled down a bit after the warmer Spring we've been having. Anyway, waking up and putting more cough drops in, etc. Finally got up at 6:15 after I'd gone back to sleep for the last 2 or 4 hours in the bedroom next to ours in hopes that it would be cooler and I'd sweat a puddle in my side of the bed in our bed so I didn't want to go back to it lol. Woke up when my alarm woke my wife up in the other room and she was walking around with the phone trying to find me (felt bad about that). Gym opened at 7 and I made sure to nut up and get there by then.

Lately, as I've been doing the sprinting stairs/laps in between sets, I've transitioned over to wearing sleeveless compression t's and tanks most of the time with the Adidas clima-lite type shorts that I normally wear for basketball -- need it with all the additional sweating. Well, it's always a bit chillier upstairs on the track, but being sick it was amplified. However, I feel miserable down on the floor with all that stuff on, so it was a weird day for me. I ended up with a zip-up hoody that I have and I'd toss it on over, unzipped, and put the hood up after each set before I'd sprint the stairs and grab a lap; then pop it off once downstairs before lifting again. Stupid, but it helped. Still felt miserable, but I got through it.

Workout details via Fitbit:

Workout notes:

Went and got a haircut, grabbed some more cough drops and bottled water and headed home to shower and prep. It was only 10 at that point, but we were leaving around Noon to get up to Louisville for the Bats (Reds AAA affiliate) game and then we stay at the stadium to watch the airshow and fireworks for Thunder Over Louisville (google it if you're unfamiliar -- the Louisville Bats facebook page actually has a timelapse video of the fireworks that only takes like 30 seconds to show half an hour worth of fireworks -- it's incredible). Anyway, it makes for a long day. And it's insanely crowded up there, but we did this the same way last year and it works. We drive up to the UL campus and park. We grabbed lunch at Jimmy Johns and then called a cab to get to the stadium. Watched the game (luckily this year it was quick and didn't go into extras like last year --- that thing drug out forever) and then left to go find food. We ended up staying at the park and eating last year since the game ran longer, but we had nearly 5 hours and I wanted to be inside for a bit. We walked to several places knowing they'd be busy, but one ended up not even being open lol. Finally found a pizza place back in the other direction and they said an hour wait. We waited since we had time and it was early still; only took 30 minutes. Probably took 45 minutes after ordering to get our pizza, but it was good. So that ate up a lot of time and then we walked back to the stadium and caught the last bit of the concert they did (some 90's/00's cover band). Then we had about an hour to just wait for it to get dark and the fireworks. Show was great and then it was time to leave. But this is the not so fun part. Show gets over at 10 and by the time the crowd thins out it's about 10:15 or so by the time we get out of the stadium. The traffic is SO backed up (estimated 750,000 people on the riverfront) that we walk all the way to campus -- which is like 2-2.5 miles or so. BUT, by the time we get there and where we're located on that part of the city, we're able to hop on the interstate and bounce. Only thing that sucks is now it's after 11 PM and we get home around Midnight (and we both go to bed early/get up at like 5 lol). So that's rough. Here is the capture from that walk back since Fitbit picked it up automatically:

I took my night-time supps, grabbed a quick rinse in the shower and passed out. No alarm set. As the night had progressed, I had felt my throat getting really, really sore.

Sunday, April 24

Weight: 225.4 lbs.

Throat was miserable when I woke up (about 8:30 AM). Ended up deciding no church and I ended up literally not leaving the house. I also decided not to talk to see if that would help. I whispered a total of 4 words that morning and that was it. Seriously. A full day of no talking -- just gesturing and communicating via typing stuff out lol. Wife went to grocery shop and see her grandma for a few hours, so I was home the bulk of the day just watching TV. To be honest, it sucks. For like 2 hours it might be nice, but I hate not doing anything (especially when my yard needs mowed, etc.). I obviously skipped going to play basketball at the church because of it, too.

Look how pathetic the daily capture was via Fitbit:

Yeah. A day of slothing around. At least I did the dishes and got some stuff cleaned up around the house. Went to bed a little later than planned about 10:30-11 PM and slept downstairs because it got humid again -- ugh (going to be this way for at least the next handful of days).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
reps for this not being a gyno thread hahahaha
Ha. No, not that.

Sadly I do have that on both sides thanks to the elevated prolactin from the microadenoma. Actually have my consult with the plastic surgeon in about a month. Not looking forward to it, but it needs to be addressed.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ha. No, not that.

Sadly I do have that on both sides thanks to the elevated prolactin from the microadenoma. Actually have my consult with the plastic surgeon in about a month. Not looking forward to it, but it needs to be addressed.
man, you've really had some things to go through. I love it. stronger every day.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, you've really had some things to go through. I love it. stronger every day.
All things considered, I've had it pretty easy and have a much better life than many. It's easy to complain and I'm obviously not happy about some of the stuff, but it could be far worse.

One of the things that sucks about the gyno is that it likely could have been prevented if my doc was quicker at getting me on caber and pin-pointing the problem. That said, it's kind of a quirky situation, so it's not like he blew an obvious one or anything. But it's definitely impacted what clothing I wear. Even after leaning out considerably, I wear about 10% of what I have simply because anything else makes it evident that I have gyno. And of course anyone who sees a guy who goes to the gym with gyno assumes steroids and that's frustrating since it wasn't even from anything fun like that lol.

I went to a local surgeon who did my colonoscopy a few years back and he basically spent 5 minutes with me and referred me to the plastic surgeon he went to med school with. He said he could do the surgery for me, but that he couldn't guarantee it would look good afterwards -- e.g. he'd have no problem removing the gyno, but that my chest could end up looking off-balanced/horrible after and he'd feel really bad about that (he works out at my gym now, so he appreciates the work I put in). Sucks that I'll have to go out of pocket and plastic surgery when it was a medically caused problem, but I'd rather do that than have insurance cover an operation that was unsuccessful and led me to the plastic surgeon for a 2nd surgery anyway. He listed off 2 guys for me and I asked if he had a preference -- the one who is slightly further away is who he said if it was him or one of his family members, he would absolutely go to that guy. So it was like a 3 month wait to get my appointment and now it's a month away. The positive is that I'll be significantly leaner when I go in to see him so it's evident that it's not just a matter of needing to lose weight (even though that should be apparent by the physical lumps under each side). But there's some extra fatty tissue there, too, so since it's a plastic surgery route, I'm hopeful that he can remove those lumps and help me remove that additional fat tissue that's built up around the lower and outer pecs. The recovery will suck in terms of losing strength and not being able to lift for a while, but it will be well worth it and I'll just make sure to go on a slight caloric surplus at that point to do everything in my power to retain muscle (and be sure to be on Myo Elite, BMP, STRAFE, etc.).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monday, April 25

Weight: 225.4 lbs.

Still didn't feel great Monday morning, but no talking at all on Sunday really helped. The soreness in my throat was gone, so that was a big plus. Woke up a little later than usual (hit snooze twice), so I had to bust it at the gym and didn't get in as many laps as I would have liked. Hit 2 scoops of ModernBCAA + MCT Evolved with my morning supps and stims, then slammed my Max REPS (can't get enough of this stuff) and rolled to the gym. Was rocking cough drops the whole time and had to chug my intra when I'd run out of one drop to start another (vs. normally sipping on it in between almost every set). Kept a long sleeve thermal on over my sleeveless compression tee and a stocking cap on over my headphones and ears since it was cold on the track still and I still felt sick. Was a sweaty mess, but that was okay. Had to cut about 5 laps (e.g. instead of getting a stair sprint and lap in between every single set, I had to double down on sets a few times and on a couple just sprinted 2 laps at a time) to make sure I got out of there on time to get to work. Didn't have to cut any of my actual lifts, though. And as you can note by the arrows, I made some progress, which was impressive since I'm sick lol.

Workout notes:

Got home to shower and then noticed the lump under my left arm pit (as noted in the photo linked out about 5 posts back). As some have stated in that thread, could by lymph inflammation, an ingrown hair, or just from where my stupid backpack straps were rubbing on me while I walked about 6 miles in downtown Louisville lol. I'll monitor it (as an FYI, it hasn't grown or gotten any worse today, Tuesday).

Got through work and barely had any voice at all, but it came back gradually as the day wore on.

Got home and the wife had made some nice enchiladas and I had 4 of them ;) lol. Carb Balance tortillas, some shredded cheese, sour cream, and the enchiladas (which was refried beans, ground beef, onions and spices). She's on a new health kick eating-wise (which I LOVE), so it came from one of her new recipe books that's supposed to be "healthy" (I quote that because some of the stuff is still too high in calories IMO and while the sources of ingredients are great, it's still about that caloric deficit -- but I digress). Point of that being, I have no clue what the macros were outside of knowing for the first 3 things that I controlled. Watched some TV from Sunday night and munched on a little bit of trail mix and then had my pint of Halo Top mint chip for my last feeding of the day. The price on that stuff sucks ($5/pint), but it's worth it to me for once a week as a treat. The macros are like a protein bar with MAYBE 30-40 more calories. I'll take that for as delicious as it is and macro-friendly. Quest bars are cheaper, but they're not the same lol.

Wound the night down by watching GoT and Silicon Valley, then took my nightly supps and went to bed (slept in the downstairs bedroom again because the heat has once again kicked (ugh). Once again, don't want a fan directly on me to get me sick, so I took the oscillating fan and put it in front of me, but angled away. So I could feel a slight side breeze off of it, but that was all -- and that was enough. Only woke up once over the night and slept pretty good other than that.

CJNator

Awards
All things considered, I've had it pretty easy and have a much better life than many. It's easy to complain and I'm obviously not happy about some of the stuff, but it could be far worse.

One of the things that sucks about the gyno is that it likely could have been prevented if my doc was quicker at getting me on caber and pin-pointing the problem. That said, it's kind of a quirky situation, so it's not like he blew an obvious one or anything. But it's definitely impacted what clothing I wear. Even after leaning out considerably, I wear about 10% of what I have simply because anything else makes it evident that I have gyno. And of course anyone who sees a guy who goes to the gym with gyno assumes steroids and that's frustrating since it wasn't even from anything fun like that lol.

I went to a local surgeon who did my colonoscopy a few years back and he basically spent 5 minutes with me and referred me to the plastic surgeon he went to med school with. He said he could do the surgery for me, but that he couldn't guarantee it would look good afterwards -- e.g. he'd have no problem removing the gyno, but that my chest could end up looking off-balanced/horrible after and he'd feel really bad about that (he works out at my gym now, so he appreciates the work I put in). Sucks that I'll have to go out of pocket and plastic surgery when it was a medically caused problem, but I'd rather do that than have insurance cover an operation that was unsuccessful and led me to the plastic surgeon for a 2nd surgery anyway. He listed off 2 guys for me and I asked if he had a preference -- the one who is slightly further away is who he said if it was him or one of his family members, he would absolutely go to that guy. So it was like a 3 month wait to get my appointment and now it's a month away. The positive is that I'll be significantly leaner when I go in to see him so it's evident that it's not just a matter of needing to lose weight (even though that should be apparent by the physical lumps under each side). But there's some extra fatty tissue there, too, so since it's a plastic surgery route, I'm hopeful that he can remove those lumps and help me remove that additional fat tissue that's built up around the lower and outer pecs. The recovery will suck in terms of losing strength and not being able to lift for a while, but it will be well worth it and I'll just make sure to go on a slight caloric surplus at that point to do everything in my power to retain muscle (and be sure to be on Myo Elite, BMP, STRAFE, etc.).
How long will the recovery be? In my opinion 5mgs of Osta for 3 months will be solid if you really want to hold muscle.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long will the recovery be? In my opinion 5mgs of Osta for 3 months will be solid if you really want to hold muscle.
I'm not sure. The only info I have is what I've gathered from gyno surgery threads across forums (there were actually a couple on bb.com that were very well documented).

And the OSTA will largely depend on if we're still trying to conceive or not. Been trying for a while and I've said that until the wife is pregnant, I won't touch anything hormonal and after discussing with others, even though I doubt SARMs would cause any issue, I'd rather be on the safe side.

Hopefully I'll knock her up before the surgery -- that would be fantastic! lol

CJNator

Awards
I'm not sure. The only info I have is what I've gathered from gyno surgery threads across forums (there were actually a couple on bb.com that were very well documented).

And the OSTA will largely depend on if we're still trying to conceive or not. Been trying for a while and I've said that until the wife is pregnant, I won't touch anything hormonal and after discussing with others, even though I doubt SARMs would cause any issue, I'd rather be on the safe side.

Hopefully I'll knock her up before the surgery -- that would be fantastic! lol
Have you tried taking anything to help you out while conceiving, like some fadogia? Got to keep trying every moment you can to make that baby ;D lol. Also maybe HMB-CA, get some in bulk and run it as long as you can. From what I've read is an all around great supplements when cutting, recomping, and bulking. Also it helps preserve muscle and strength greatly while cutting so it may help while you're recovering too.