Keeping strength on a cut

Vict

Awards
What twould you suggest ?

Performax Labs Alpha Max? Biotivia BioForge? or Evomuse Myosynergy Elite?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Assuming diet/training in check, MyoSynergy Elite by far (of those choices).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The thing that keeps strength on a cut would be a slow and small caloric deficit
Training Heavy To preserve strength

If neither of those are in check it does not matter what pills or powders you take. That is more diet/training related to help you maintain as much strength as possible and limit cardio (which is very catabolic).

You could look into:
Magnitropin (MyoKem), ABE (PES), as well or look into PA (MuscleTech) which i found to help more with recovery than strength.
All the 3 you posted are good products to help with strength but this is a major diet/training aspect

Some people cut too fast (Lose muscle)
some people do not train heavy and only in a hypertrophy rep range (Expand glycogen you do not have) which are 2 major errors.

How does your diet and training look?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would look into Alphamax stacked with OxyMax XT.

Alphamax is going to help for obvious reasons, the Forskolin content, controlling cortisol, keeping free testosterone high during your cut, improving sleep and recovery etc. However OxyMax XT with not only help with the Fat Loss but it also contains Amentoflavone, Amentoflavone is great at increasing strength and if dosed pre workout should def. make a difference in helping you maintain that. As well, OxyMax XT has additional F-95, boosting your total Forskolin intake to the top end of the spectrum!

Vict

Awards
Already taking Alphamine and Shift, so it would be 75mg of f95 per day with alpha max.
and i taking ZMA aswell, so should i stop taking it if i add AlphaMax ?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
O perfect well that covers that.

The dose of ZMA in Alphamax isnt huge but it would prob. be unnecessary to take additional ZMA as well.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
(-)epi - shown to increase strength and endurance. Has a TON of other health related benefits as well.

An increase in treadmill performance (50%) and reduced fatigue (30%) has been noted in mice at 15 days of supplementation
*J Physiol. 2011 Sep 15;589(Pt 18):4615-31. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2011.209924. Epub 2011 Jul 25.

And an increase in grip strength was seen in 7 days.
*J Nutr Biochem. 2014 Jan;25(1):91-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jnutbio.2013.09.007. Epub 2013 Oct 18.

I like Ep1c Unleashed (caps or TD). OL uses PhytoFUSE technology to increase bio-availability by upwards of 200-600%.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
It seems like many people have had success using ostarine to maintain strength during a cut. There are a ton of logs (check the anabolic section too). Of course, if you go with ostarine, you need to look into a proper pct.

Vict

Awards
is it true that Ostarine can help with joints issues?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
is it true that Ostarine can help with joints issues?
Yes. And I say that from personal experience. I've run 6 weeks of 20mg before and the biggest changes I saw were increased endurance and relief of joint issues. I was having some problems with my shoulder and had tried Joint Help and Cissus XT to no avail. Osta really helped. However, I believe higher doses of osta (e.g., 20mg ed) does increase estrogen, which is probably what helps the joints. So you may have some balancing to do if you start to experience estrogenic sides (e.g., getting an AI). Also, a proper PCT is a must.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always run X gels (ArA) on a cut. Helps retain strength and fullness. If you are looking for a mild anabolic Ostarine is a good choice but then you have to deal with PCT and losing gainz.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Im a big fan of ara, PA, -epi and laxogenin products during a cut they help me immensely to keep fullness and strength.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ArA+PA hngggg