JW with a low carb diet

BuckeyeMuscle

BuckeyeMuscle

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I know JW should be taken on a higher carbohydrate diet, but I was wondering if anyone has used it on a low carb diet, or has any feelings about it. Later this summer I plan on taking JW for 8 weeks dosed at 5 caps a day. I also do realize that lethargy is a common side effect with JW and not enough carbs, and megadosing it while on low carbs might enhance it.

Here is a sample of my diet:

6am- 4 whole eggs with 3 egg whites

10am- Chicken breast with Asparagus
2 Tbsp Natty PB

12pm- Chicken breast with Asparagus
2 Tbsp Natty PB

3pm- Tilapia (cooked in olive oil) with Green Beans

6pm(immediately post workout shake)- 2 scoops Gf Pro + 50-60 grams WMS + 8g Leucine + 2g Taurine + 3g Creatine Gluconate + 2g Beta-Alanine

7pm (post workout)- 4-6% Lean Ground Beef with Sweet Potato

10pm- Either a Casein based protein shake or 16oz of Cottage Cheese and 1 Tbsp Natty PB

Also the only liquid I take in is about 1.5-2 gallons of water a day. Sunday's I have a refeed day where I eat really high in carbs (mostly clean) and moderate amount of protein and fat.
My body is responding extremely well to this diet, and I dont know if I want to start eating high carbs for JW. Does anyone have any experience with this or any input?

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive seen that diet before ;)

PU did a carb cycle, he had alot of joint pain and later lethargy. BUT if you take your doses with the PB it should help. Only way to know how you will respond it by trying it since we are all so different. Obviously protein is important and you have that covered.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Adding BCAAs or just straight leucine may help with the lethargy by blocking tryptophan intake in the brain.

BuckeyeMuscle

BuckeyeMuscle

Awards
  • Established
Adding BCAAs or just straight leucine may help with the lethargy by blocking tryptophan intake in the brain.
Interesting point, thank you...I take 8g of free form Leucine in my post workout shake, and also drink BCAA's pre/during my workout.

Ive seen that diet before ;)

PU did a carb cycle, he had alot of joint pain and later lethargy. BUT if you take your doses with the PB it should help. Only way to know how you will respond it by trying it since we are all so different. Obviously protein is important and you have that covered.
Haha its a damn good diet! My joints took X Factor without any pain so I think JW will be ok, but since I take Incarnate (obviously :) ) I will be taking Cissus. I'm thinking about using 30 grams of carbs through oats with my breakfast, and then adding one of the doses with it. I dont think 30g of CHO in the morning will affect my diet.

Antonek

Awards
I also do realize that lethargy is a common side effect with JW and not enough carbs, and megadosing it while on low carbs might enhance it.
I'm goin' to do same combo later - JW and low carb diet

but maybe if lethargy would be to hard to handle i'll add some rpm in the mornings

dean17

dean17

Awards
hey do you guys think jw would be ok to take with an mrp shake pre workout or does it have to be taken with a whole food meal?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A balanced MRP would be just fine.

ono

ono

Awards
If you're low on carbs i read somewhere that hypoglycemia could be a bit of a problem when taking JW. Might not perosnally affect you, just it has with a few others i believe. Best thing to do is make sure you take it with a carb.

personally seen as though most users don't really put on any significant fat no matter how much they carb up during JW usage, i'd personally carb up and go for maximum muscle gain. Then maybe i'd cycle in a cortisol blocker once you've come off your cycle....and run that for a month.