Just joined, please advise for fat loss.

aspenedelen

Awards
Let me preface this by saying I am almost 37 years old and allegedly I am 14% body fat. I am physically fit and lean as I was a competitive runner back in my college career. Four months ago I decided to hire a personal trainer as I topped out at 185 and allegedly 24% BF. and I work out five to six days a week and I've allegedly lost 10% body fat. My goal is 10% or less bf by my 37th Birthday which is on Nov 9th as I am heading overseas and be with the beautiful people of Singapore. I am a small business owner and have a fair amount of time on my hands. I am currently at178lbs.

This morning I want to start a low carb diet while still personal training to hopefully kickstart this last area of BF on my love handles. My idea is to do cardio from 5:15am to 5:45am then workout with the personal trainer from 9:00am until 10:00am. I am going to consume somewhere along the lines of 40 grams of carbs and a 40 grams whey protein shake before I workout then immediately followed by a whey protein shake and another 40 grams of carbs. The rest of the day I will attempt zero to very low carb intake. Before I go to bed I will take another 40 grams of whey protein in a shake.

I started a EC stack yesterday as well.

Is the above the right way to be going about this or am I way off here?

I appreciate any really good solid information anyone can give to me.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It will mostly come down to diet brother
Losing 4% BF in just over a month when you are already quite lean likely won't happen.

That being said it may LOOK like you have, as the low-carb diet will shed a lot of water weight.

Your plan looks fine to me and you have had a coach and clearly know how to drop pounds so best of luck to you brother.

aspenedelen

Awards
I am still working on my total caloric amount but I'd presume it is somewhere in the 3k range.

Seems I can't post a pic of my measurements due to low post count

aspenedelen

Awards
Chest 39.5", upper arm 13.3/4", Abdomen 34.3/4", Hips 40", Thigh 20", Calf 15.5", BC 13.8%, BMI 24.4

I am 5'11.5"

aspenedelen

Awards
Driven, thank you for the information! What you said I didn't know.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If there was more specific advice you were after ask away.

As for your calories, it is extremely different person to person and trial and error is the only method IMO. Learning your own body is the #1 step towards any physique goal.
If at 3000 calories you are losing weight at a reasonable rate then it is right.

Track your calories, eat consistent for a week and re- weigh/measure, add or subtract as needed.

aspenedelen

Awards
I haven't worked out since my days in Aspen almost ten years ago. I tried the Keto diet six months ago and lasted three weeks before I took a trip to the mountains and, well, so much for low carb eating. I saw what I considered a huge weight loss of 20lbs.i presume the majority of that was water but my abs began to poke through for the first time since college.

Currently I have access to any and all foods but I am relying on lots of steaks, pork, wild caught fish (only), eggs, veggies, etc.

I have MyFitnessPal on my N3 which I am using to track everything that I eat

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recommend you lessen the carbs your going to take in during your WO. as it is.. this would constitute a TKD.. or timed keto diet. for maximum results in the short time left I think youd be better off going CKD or cyclic keto diet. you would want to consume less than 50g carbs per day until you reach ketosis and then you can possibly eat upto 80 per day. its important to reefed or carb up on the weekends to maximize the anabolic/anti-catabolic effects of this kind of diet. preserving and even increasing muscle mass and stripping fat is the goal and you will want to dip into ketosis to do this.. I do not think you will reach ketosis in a timely manner doing it as you have described.

aspenedelen

Awards
Quick note, I really dislike how I can't post a pic of what my PT has me on for a eating regiment as I don't have 20 posts yet.

aspenedelen

Awards
Thank you xR for the advice. The PT I am working with said that I don't want to have a carb deficiency as that will negate muscle growth from the lifting that I am doing five days a week.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hes right in that it would be too much weight training for a CKD. you should still see modest fatloss. with a TKD though. keep us posted on how you progress

aspenedelen

Awards
He has me at 88 grams of fat, 315 g's of carbs and 276 g's of protein all at 3150 calories.

aspenedelen

Awards
Absolutely not! I did it yesterday and I was literally eating all day. Today I cut my consumption in half and my carbs are down to 110. To me this feels normal.

If this is normal for me I can't imagine what 50 or less carbs would be like.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It all comes down to your diet.

Here's the thing if you want to shed weight that fast you very well can. All you would have to do is cut your caloric intake more aggressively. The problem you will come across with this, is the type of tissue that your body will sacrifice during the deficit.

My recommendation would be to keep your protein and fat exactly where they are and drop your carbs lower. How much should you drop them? Again, how aggressively you wish to diet will dictate the deficit

aspenedelen

Awards
Rock on! Exactly what I was thinking. I appreciate the great advice

aspenedelen

Awards
A little update. Since I've hired a PT eight months ago I've lost about 10 lbs but have gained 20 lbs of muscle. My bmi went from a 22 to a 11% and my goal is 9%BF before Summer. My bench has gone from 145 to 205 which I find fairly impressive.

Overall I feel great and look do much better. I appreciate all the great reads and advice from you all.

BARKODE

Awards
Right on man! I always do the following:
Nutrition - Training - Sleep - Supplementation

In that order.

aspenedelen

Awards
A update.

It's the end up the Summer and it seems I've been stuck somewhere at 11% bf for three months now. I just can't seem to break into the single digit bf club even though I watch my macros closely (been off for two weeks now). I'm still in the gym 6 days a week but progress has stalled.

In your mind what can I do to break this plateau?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A update.

It's the end up the Summer and it seems I've been stuck somewhere at 11% bf for three months now. I just can't seem to break into the single digit bf club even though I watch my macros closely (been off for two weeks now). I'm still in the gym 6 days a week but progress has stalled.

In your mind what can I do to break this plateau?
Look into EvoMuse Epitome. Its designed for work at sub 12% body fat. It works by working on Leptin levels
which can crash when your body fat starts to get low, causing you to hold fat, no matter how much cardio
or calories you drop.

Labnazi

Labnazi

Awards
Newbie here, but great admirer of the site. Thank you Vujade for the info. I just looked into this and (according to the product description) it sounds spot on! Targeting leptin would increase insulin sensitivity. Biochemically that's a great solution to overcome any fat-burning plateau. I first thought of clen but now thinking of trying this new route.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Newbie here, but great admirer of the site. Thank you Vujade for the info. I just looked into this and (according to the product description) it sounds spot on! Targeting leptin would increase insulin sensitivity. Biochemically that's a great solution to overcome any fat-burning plateau. I first thought of clen but now thinking of trying this new route.
welcome to the site Labnazi. its definitely a great product. Leptin levels can be out of whack on anyone
with higher body fat, as well as those with low body fat that that are trying to get super lean.